Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Help with antique car I.D.?

rinorinorinorino Member Posts: 1
edited February 2016 in General
Hello,
Trying to find out what make/model the car in the picture is. My Grandfather is driving, he was born in 1900 so I imagine the photo is 1916 to maybe the early 1920s. It was taken in Adamsville, TN so I doubt if anything imported would have been available to them then.
Thanks!
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Looks like a Ford Model T Touring to me---hard to tell the year exactly with Model Ts but could be anywhere 1914-1920-ish....

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    I hope they all gave their seat belts on.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,175
    edited February 2016
    Funny, the body (and those lamps and the windshield) is very much like a 1915-20 or so T, but the hood is not a Model T hood. I also notice it is a different color, maybe an aftermarket or accessory replacement, lots of that for Ts back in the day. The front fender curve also seems off, but could easily be modified.
  • Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,711
    edited February 2016
    It's a 1917 Model T at the earliest, because of that rounded hood. Can't be much newer, with those lamps, I'd think.
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,175
    IIRC, those lamps were used until around 1922, but the windshield frame looks short, which I associate with older cars. The bodies on 1915+ models are similar, but this is probably a 1917+ car as mentioned, rather than my minor suspicion of a modified older car. I still don't think that's a T hood though, it's probably aftermarket - they even had kits to disguise Ts. 1917-22 is a safe bet.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited February 2016
    If you look at this 1920 Model T, it looks pretty close to a match but the hood looks flatter on the original photo, and it has only 5 vents. These old cars are tough when the photos don't show the front of the car.