Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you considering a vehicle subscription service or did you previously consider one and decide against it? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by 10/30 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Heater not working

becky1977becky1977 Posts: 1
edited February 2016 in Dodge
I recently purchased a used pickup. The heater is now working. I wonder if it could be the climate control switch. I am not sure what else it could be. The AC is working just fine. Need help ASAP

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Try this. Open the hood and find the two heaters hoses going to and from the heater core. If your heater valve is working and/or your heater core is clear, both hoses should be warm to the touch. If the entrance hose is warm and the exit hose cold, then your heater valve isn't opening or your core is clogged, and you'll have to dig into it.

If neither hose is very warm, then perhaps someone removed your engine's thermostat.

A stuck thermostat would restrict heat flow but your engine would overheat quite quickly if that were the case, so it's probably not that.

If you are low on coolant, that will keep the heater from getting warm as well.