Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Ford Recalls 1.1 Million Vehicles, Including 2008-'11 Ford Escape, 2011-'13 Explorer | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited March 2016 in Ford
Ford Recalls 1.1 Million Vehicles, Including 2008-'11 Ford Escape, 2011-'13 Explorer | Edmunds.com

Ford is recalling approximately 1.1 million vehicles in North America for power steering problems, including the 2008-'11 Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• I had my 2008 FORD ESCAPE recalled back in 2014...was told it was the software...This past summer 2015 I had steering issues ,was told since recall was done there was no coverage for the current issue !..Had the issue fixed ,so I thought ! It is now FEB.2016 and I'm getting a slight vibration with the steering wheel.
    Do I have any recourse????...Did FORD really fix my issue???Any help would be GREAT !...

THANK YOU
    JASON
  • I had the 2014 recall done on my 2008 Ford escape, which was only a computer update. Now, 26000 miles later. I have power steering failure notice on the dashboard and vibration in the steering column. Sitting at the service center for 3 hours and they want $800.00 to replace the torque angle sensor. Ford is trying to defer responsibility for any part malfunction claiming a computer update is all they are liable for. just filed a complaint with the National Traffic Safety Department. (888) 327-4236.
  • SAME HERE!! "UPGRADE" MORE LIKE BAND-AID! THIS IS BS!!!!
  • Bigwheels2020Bigwheels2020 Buffalo, nyPosts: 1
    I lost power steering intermittently they replaced the torque Angle senors now it's fantastic on my 2009 escape currently 340k miles