Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nittanylionnittanylion Member Posts: 14
    Thanks uafly1. Sounds like a great deal. Can you tell me which dealership?
  • uafly1uafly1 Member Posts: 25
    I guess I should have mentioned I am in Chicago. But checking with all the other dealers should be able to tell you if you are getting a good deal.
    Thanks uafly1. I made my decsion and faxed offers to a few dealers in my area this morning.
  • exoman1exoman1 Member Posts: 12
    I am shopping for an 05 Pathfinder XE. Most (if not all) of the above posts are re: LE and SE trim levels. Can anyone share their XE pricing?
  • honda001honda001 Member Posts: 1
    Need help. I dropped my guard and gave my phone number while I visited a used car dealership. I expressed my disinterest and walked away. A day later, the same salesman has been calling me at least 4 times a day. Luckily, I have caller ID and voice mail and so I haven't actually talked to the guy.

So, what action should I take to have him stop calling me? If I pick up phone, that means he got the right phone number. If I don't, he'll probably keep calling and leave stupid sales messages. Also, isn't this called stalking?

I need Advice please.
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    Answer the phone and tell him you aren't interested and to not call again.

If he doesn't stop calling, call the dealership and speak with the manager. Tell him/her to call off the salesperson ASAP.
  • exoman1exoman1 Member Posts: 12
    What, nobody is buying the XE? Need feedback on price paid quickly as I'm ready to go..... Thanks....
  • lonestarlonestar Member Posts: 15
    Local ad has a 2004 SE 2WD with Popular Package, molding, mats, microfilter, and cargo tray for $21,999. That comes out to $1261 below invoice plus the $3250 rebate (26,510-1261-3250=$21,999). I saw an early posting on here that had a similar situation but the price was $21,400 + the tow pkg at no add'l cost. In a perfect world I'd pay $21K with no add'l charge for the tow pkg...is this remotely doable?
  • urlsingurlsing Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 05 LE 4x4 with everything(except navigation) at Rosen Nissan in Milwaukee, WI. Got it for $600 under invoice (destination charge included) and no "funny business". I think I got a very good deal.

I highly recommend going to them - send me a message if you'd like the name of my salesperson.
    Just bought the '05 Pathfinder tonight. I had done a great deal of research and faxed in offers. Bill Ray Nissan met my offer. They have been great to work with. If anyone wants to the know the name of my salesman, just let me know and I will email you!

2WD, Navigation, Body Side Molding, Sunroof Wind Deflector, In-Cabin Microfilter, Floor Mats and Carpeted Cargo Mat, Wheel Locks, Bug Deflector, Rubber Cargo Protector and Net = $33,201 plus state/county fee and Tax, Tag and Title.
  • zancrzancr Member Posts: 7
    Hey all, we just bought two days ago and had a great experience. We did the Edmunds email out to the four dealers listed. In addition, we searched inventories on the Internet and email ones who actually let us view them (eight dealers total). If they had a large stock or something we were looking for we included them. We live in the DC area so there were plenty. Anyway, we outlined what we were looking for (05 Pathfinder SE 4x4 without options)and we added that we were pre-approved and ready to buy. DARCARS of Rockville, MD, responded immediately with $26,000 plus TTL and a $100 doc fee. This was well below what we anticipated and well below Edmunds TMV. To sweeten the deal the vehicle had four upgrades (molding, splash guard, microfilter and mats) and they had our first choice in color. Needless to say we are very pleased with our experience. Up until the last minute we were still on the fence between the 4Runner and Pathfinder, but as return customers to Nissan, we are very happy with the vehicle. Oh, and out of the eight dealers contacted only two replied; DARCARS was the only one that provided a quote.
  • annoyedmanannoyedman Member Posts: 4
    Bought a 2002 SE about 4 weeks ago: 4WD, 6 CD Bose, Green/Tan, Grill Guard, Lots of other stoff that's probably standard. 47,000 miles on the odometer, but in like new condition. $19,500 from Performance Nissan in Duarte, California. It's a heck of a lot better card than the reliably unreliable '02 Saturn VUE I traded in for it.
  • jjjdayjjjday Member Posts: 2
    nissanusa.com shows a lease offer for 2005 se with comfort and premium pkgs for $299/mo. i have tried to get this from every dealer I know and no one will work with me. does anyone have a great dealer? i am in nm but will travel...
  • jjjdayjjjday Member Posts: 2
    Could you tell me the good dealer? i cannot get anyone to work with me on a lease.
  • thenebeanthenebean Member Posts: 1,124
    jjj,

keep in mind that these lease programs do not include any taxes or fees - so you will find that your payment not be $299 when all is said and done. too bad you werent closer to CT, i am a salesperson and internet manager at a dealership here and we're very good at making it easy to buy a car. if i can help any further, let me know!

btw, best way to buy a car is to email the internet managers at as many dealerships as you can - any one that gives you an up front itemized quote is worth your time. dont fall for the dog and pony trick of "come on down, we'll make it worth your while" smaller dealerships tend to be more people friendly!
  • eck2eck2 Member Posts: 6
    I just bought an 05 LE 4wd with DVD for a little over 400 under invoice. I used www.carmax.com for leverage as they list no haggle prices under invoice and are just over 1 hour away from me.
  • nyusigepnyusigep Member Posts: 1
    Just thought I'd share....picked up an 05 LE 4WD in Silverton Blue for about $600 below invoice. Dealership in Northern New Jersey. One of the best car buying experience I've ever had. Salesperson is a straight shooter. Highly recommend. Please shoot me an email if you want the details.
  • icelvisicelvis Member Posts: 2
    I thought this forum was for prices paid for Pathfinders.

What is the lowest OTD-Out the Door price paid for a Pathfinder SE 4WD?

OTD Defined: What you paid for the vehicle-The number you signed for on the contract. This number should include all the destination, T&T&L charges and other fees they hoodwinked you with.

I am seeing $200 less this and $400 less this, that is useless!
    Layout the numbers for what you paid and where!
  • wbs1wbs1 Member Posts: 5
    2005 SE 4x4, w/ Comfort, Premium, Airbag pkgs, Body side mouldings, splash guards, wind deflectors, carpeted floor mats, and in cabin microfilter (no leather, off-road, DVD or NAV).

Vehicle itself was $29,839 (This includes everything going to the dealer, and excludes any money that went to the state, i.e., sales tax, DMV doc fees, etc.)
    I purchased a 05 LE at the end of January. Paid $ 33,000. Should have followed my instinct and walked. Just traded it yestereday for a 2005 Touareg. And yes I took a not so pretty hit.
  • damjdamj Member Posts: 2
    I paid 30,500 for 2wd LE at the end of December. What were the major factors that caused you to trade for the Touareg? I'm considering a similar move and would like to know what you didn't like about the PF. Thanks.
  • markjennmarkjenn Member Posts: 1,142
    Given that "out the door" prices include tax, title, and license fees that vary from 0% to 10% depending on where you live, I don't see how OTD is much usefulness on a national forum. The number that is the best for comparison purposes is the total cost of the car except for state fees.

Obviously itemizing everything works too.

- Mark
    Sorry, I paid $33,000 plus ttl.
    Well to start, I drove a SE with cloth no power seat, and I ended up buying an LE w/leather power seats. The power seat seemed to make a difference in the seat comfort. Also the LE has bigger tires, making the truck just a little bit taller. I am a big girl, 5'10 and have long legs. My knee was hitting the base part of the dash with the seat all the way back. Also I have hip problems and getting in and out aggavated it. I traded a Volvo for the Pathfinder, so maybe I just prefer European to Japanese. I do not need the 3rd row seat and I like the fact Touareg is a little smaller. I wanted to an SUV but I did not nessacarily need the space. The Pathfinder seem to have a problem with accelartion and the brakes were screeching. I think if you like Japenese the price is good, but for someone who prefers European this Pathfinder could not hold a match. Hope that info helps.
    Do you feel like you paid a good price? What are your thoughts?
  • ddwmewddwmew Member Posts: 42
    uafly1,

I just recently discovered on Edmunds True Cost To Own that Pathfinders take a bit hit on depreciation in the 1st year. I thought it was a mistake until reading your email.

2005 Nissan Pathfinder
    SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I used the vehicle listed above with no options and a MSRP of $28.5K.

If I understand the chart on the web-site it is expected to depreciate $8.4k the 1st year.
    My std SE (cloth) has power seats. The Touareg costs roughly $15-20,000 more than the Pathfinder. Another thing, I'm 6' and my legs clear the dash easily. I'm not trying to harp, I just don't think people should hear negatives that aren't there for everyone.
    MSRP may be $28,500, but you can do a lot better than that. We walked away with the vehicle you mentioned (SE 4x4 w/small options for $26k plus TTL, $27,600 OTD). Also, if someone plans on selling a car after owning it for a year, you may want to think about used. When I was researching I looked at how previous Pathfinders were doing, and like most quality SUV's they hold their value quite well. On a lot of these forums I've noticed a lot of negative mentions, but if you really look, the majority are minor things that are most likely a rare occurance. Just my two cents.
    If you bothered to read the previous post, I was responding to why I did not like the Pathfinder. NOT why other's would not like the Pathfinder. My legs hit the dash. Also you are incorrect in stating the Touareg is $15-20,000 more. They are 3 levels and I took the base model with is comparable to the LE Pathfinder. I paid $33,000 plus ttl for the Pathfinder and I paid $34,500 for the Touareg. My payment increased only $4. I also said I have a preference for European, but the the price the Pathfinder is a good value.
    I did read your previous post and don't forget this is an open forum where all can read, so if you're going to give a personal opinion that you don't expect others to read and use as a review, then you need to email. Also, when I looked at Edmunds prices you are correct there wasn't just a $15-20,000 difference, the Touareg MSRP was closer to $20-25,000 over the Pathfinder LE. The basic model started at the mid 30's and there were many upgrades (around $5k each) needed to reach the Pathfinder LE level.

Now, if you read my post I said I wasn't harping, but apparently you took this differently. For instance, you said your knees hit the dash and you lead everyone to believe this was due to your height (5'10"). I simply said I'm taller and I do not have this problem. Otherwise people might not want to look at the Pathfinder thinking a 5'10" person can't fit.

Simply put, if you're going to say anything about a vehicle that comes across as negative, expect those who are more than satisfied with their car to reply. Even more so when things don't add up (i.e. SE doesn't have power seats, tall people hit their knees...)
  • opiedogopiedog Member Posts: 9
    For reference, I purchased a 2005 Pathfinder SE Off-Road with SE premium package, Airbag Package, Off-Road Leather Package, Body Side Moldings, In-Cabin Microfilter, Floor Mats, and Splash Guards for $32,748 on 1/21. This price excludes tax and title fees. I made this purchase from a dealer in Lancaster Ohio.
    I was asked to explain why I chose to trade my 05 Pathfinder that I paid $33,0000 for. The height was the first problem, my legs are long so I hit the lower part the dash. I purchased an 05 Touraeg for $34,500. Really their are about main difference, the Touareg has leatherette and a 240 hp. vs leather and a 270 on the Pathfinder. The primary reason I got rid of the Pathfinder was due to comfort. I just was not comfortable. It's not to say that this is a good car and yes I would recommend it if asked. I just do not prefer it. And that is my right. NO car is perfect and not everyone will be satisfied. I read all a lot of post prior to makeing both purchases, the good and bad. A good mix tells you that a car maybe worth looking into. All bad reviews maybe unsatisfied consumers, all good, would love to see that car. Good luck to anyone purchasing a 2005 Pathfinder, it is a nice car hopefully you are able to secure a good deal. I recommend internet pricing. The local dealers would not match the deal I was given. Make sure it's in writing.
  • reuel3reuel3 Member Posts: 114
    Please keep this focused on prices paid and buying experience. If you would like to continue your debate, please either e-mail each other directly or find the appropriate forum.

Thank you for your cooperation.
    I purchased my '05 on 2/2. LE with Navigation, Body Side Moldings, Microfilter, Floormats and carpeted cargo mat, Splash Guards, Nissan Wheel Locks, Hood Bug Deflector, Cargo Area Protector and net, Sun Roof Wind Deflector for $33,224.53 plus Florida tax and tag. Hope this helps.
  • jager32jager32 Member Posts: 15
    "nittanylion'

I'm guesing your LE was 2WD, Correct? If that was 4WD that's an awesome price, and give me the dealer's name.
  • ayee1ayee1 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought my new 2005 Pathfinder SE 4X2 with the Comfort & Premium packages. It also has ALL other options such as body side molding, in-cabin filter, floor mats, splash guards, and sunroof wind deflector, but no DVD or Navigation. MSRP was $29,990. I paid $100 over invoice at 27,612 plus taxes, license, and other doc fees, which comes out to $30,200 OTD. I think this is a decent deal. Probably could have gotten it at invoice but was unwilling to wait much longer. I've already spent 3 hours at the dealership at that point. Dealership located in Duarte, CA.
  • pvapva Member Posts: 1
    05 Pathfinder LE 4x4 loaded. No sunroof deflector, everything else. $37,500. + tax + title in northern VA. BS processing fee and destination fee included.

Storm gray. Power is impressive.
  • carfan3carfan3 Member Posts: 27
    How do you get "Internet Pricing"? Please post the website where i can do that. Thanks.
    I located my dealer through the internet. I used Edmunds, cars.com and sent out a request for the car that I was looking for. Some dealers responded but only a few emailed me actually prices. I took the lowest deal and when to the dealership. For a SE 4x4 w/options it was $29,100, SE off Road $29,900. LE wo/Dvd and Nav-$33,000. This was back in January, I spoke with other dealers and they would not touch those prices. Hope this helps
  • ddwmewddwmew Member Posts: 42
    Uafly1,

Most internet pricing are listed on individual dealer's websites. On most websites - they are listed under inventory or intenet special links.
  • bbucks34bbucks34 Member Posts: 1
    i just purchased a 05 PF LE 4x2 6v loaded charcaol leather interior silverton blue with floor mats sunroof deflector bug deflector chrome side step rails and they even offered me if i wanted some lame pinstripe too .. im very satisfied.. had it for a week ..but i hear some of your prices makes me think dang they must have wanted to get rid of the thing only had 22 miles on it... no trade in 33000 otd...orlando, fl...good price?
  • dekagundadekagunda Member Posts: 3
    Ok, i've been shopping around for the pathfinder LE 4x4 fully loaded. Navi, DVD, Body Color side moldings, in-cabin microfilter, splash guards and floor mats.

I've gotten a price from Concordville Nissan in Concordville, PA for $35,981. They don't have the car in stock but they will order it for me. I want the Storm Gray w/ Graphite Interior.

Sheridan Nissan in New Castle, DE has a Silver Pathfinder LE 4x4 loaded with the options i want. I'm still waiting for a price from them. I will post that price once i get it. I should get it some time today.

But what do you guys think about the Concordville price do u think i can do better with the pricing or is that the best i'm gonna get.

If Sheridan comes back to me with a lower price then Concordville then i'm gonna jump on that deal coz i don't mind the Silver color and they have the truck in stock so i can get it right away.

Thanks.
  • keeferbkeeferb Member Posts: 81
    Here are the details...
    39 month, 15k/yr
    MSRP $31,990 with options:
    premium pkg
    comfort pkg
    micro filter
    splash guards
    side molding
    floor mats
    sunroon wind deflector

'Selling' price: $29,400

Thanks to Car_man over in the lease forum, I got the money factor and residual so I knew what the monthly payment should be which is $372 + tax with only 1st payment due at signing. I did all negotiating through email...couldn't have been easier. This is my 3rd Pathfinder...and probably not the last.
    Just one more thing. They had the exact vehicle in stock I wanted except it did not have the DVD. They added that for me. I was able to get an upgraded DVD system in my opinion, bigger screen etc...I was able to pick out the system I wanted within reason. So if they have one with everything but the DVD they can always put it in. Good Luck.
  • johnny_ringojohnny_ringo Member Posts: 30
    Did they add the DVD package to match the price or did you have to pay extra for that?
    They added it to match the price. I paid nothing extra and I got a better system (IMO) and I got to chose which one they put in.
  • poottangpoottang Member Posts: 1
    That was a good deel. Which dealer did you go to in ATL? And do yo know if there is any rebates going on right now.
    They removed this post since I included the salesperson name so you need to see post 99 as well.

I bought an LE with all the above equipment from Concordville last month except the NAVI for $34,128. I printed off the price I wanted from www.carmax.com and they matched it. Carmax shows the vehicle you are looking at listed at $35,808. Print it out and take to Concordville. They will match. They did not haggle with me at all. Also, keep in mind that they can add the DVD and IMO you get a better DVD system that way, not the small screen that comes from the factory.
  • snizzledaddysnizzledaddy Member Posts: 1
    JUST PURCHASED 05 LE TWO WEEKS AGO WITH IN CABIN MICRO FILTER, FLOOR AND CARGO MATS,LOW TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR, DEALER INSTALLED A/M DVD SYSTEM, REAR SPOILER, BODY SIDE MOLDING, SPLASH GUARDS, AND PROTECTION PACKAGE. 32,000 + TAX/TITLE FEES. NORTH TEXAS NISSAN, DENTON TX. I USED A LOT OF INFO FOUND ON THIS SITE TO NEGOTIATE A DEAL 200.00 UNDER INVOICE.*A COUPLE OF TIPS* IT DOESNT HURT TO SEE IF THE VEHICLE YOU WANT IS BEING DRIVEN BY ONE OF THE MANAGERS, THEY CAN MAKE YOU A GREAT DEAL ON A DEMO. DEAL WITH THE FLEET SALE MANAGER. DONT LOOK AT THE STICKER PRICE, ASK TO SEE THE INVOICE ON THE VEHICLE YOU WANT. LAST, DONT SPECIFY THE COLOR THAT YOU REALLY WANT OR SAY HOW MUCH YOU REALLY WANT TO PAY A MONTH. KEEP THEM GUESSING AND THE ODDS ARE IN YOUR FAVOR. GOOD LUCK.
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    Congrats, but please do not type in ALL CAPS - people think you are yelling at them.