Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

1989 GMC S-15 2.5L. How to put it together...replaced head gasket.

vikasintlvikasintl Posts: 25
edited February 2016 in GMC
I recently replaced head gasket and valve cover gasket and now I don't remember how to put everything back together....

I mean brackets for ac, bracket for alternator, wiring and vacuum lines ....I know some of it but not all....so if someone can show a picture or video or give instructions...I will appreciate it.

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    That's a lot of info to try and cram into a video. If I were in your shoes, I'd get a camera and then go to the local Pick-n-Pull or wrecking yard in your area---I was in a similar predicament some years back and actually flagged down a car similar to mine. The owner was really nice about it, and actually waited 15 minutes or so while I took some photos. Of course, do be careful about this, and pick your best shot and be friendly.

Other than that, you could invest in a good service manual (not a Chilton's, but factory manual) that has numerous exploded diagrams. It might coste you $75 bucks but could save you a lot of time and money. eBay often has these for sale, or amazon.