Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Ford Fusion SE Lease - $159/Month - 36 Month - $159 monthly after taxes

Vcorley1Vcorley1 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2016 in Ford
Visited a ford dealership in north jersey yesterday - caught what I believe to be a very good deal. Would love to have the insights of the experts here to confirm.

Wife is concerned of reliability and safety of automobile, as we have been Toyota/Honda drivers throughout our lives. This deal seems very good though and was the best price we negotiated with a 2016 Camry SE at $190 after taxes and 2016 Honda Accord LX at $195 after taxes.

Here are the numbers:

MSRP - $30,380

Reduced MSRP - $28,980

Sales Price - $27,509.30

Adj Residual - 15797.60

Allowed Miles Annually - 10,5000

Term - 36 months

Trade in - 2005 Scion TC - 120k miles - good/fair condition - dealership applied value to us - $4000

Rebate $4500

Acq fee - $645

Govt Fees - $306.50

Taxes - $638.18

Features included:
6-speed automatic transmission
SE Luxury Package
Leather interior
Heated front seats
2.0L ecoboost engine
SE Tech/My Ford Touch
Heated Steering Wheel
18" patented luxury wheels
Reverse sensing system
Dual zone a/c

Monthly payment included taxes, surcharges etc. $159

How does this look? Do you think we can get that monthly payment down or increase allowable miles to the $159 price tag? Your help is greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!!!

Comments

• Vcorley1Vcorley1 Member Posts: 3
    FYI the Kelley blue book trade in value for the Scion tC is $2,722 and to sell to a private party: $3,819
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Vcorley1 said:

Visited a ford dealership in north jersey yesterday - caught what I believe to be a very good deal. Would love to have the insights of the experts here to confirm.

Wife is concerned of reliability and safety of automobile, as we have been Toyota/Honda drivers throughout our lives. This deal seems very good though and was the best price we negotiated with a 2016 Camry SE at $190 after taxes and 2016 Honda Accord LX at $195 after taxes.

Here are the numbers:

MSRP - $30,380

Reduced MSRP - $28,980

Sales Price - $27,509.30

Adj Residual - 15797.60

Allowed Miles Annually - 10,5000

Term - 36 months

Trade in - 2005 Scion TC - 120k miles - good/fair condition - dealership applied value to us - $4000

Rebate $4500

Acq fee - $645

Govt Fees - $306.50

Taxes - $638.18

Features included:
    6-speed automatic transmission
    SE Luxury Package
    Leather interior
    Heated front seats
    2.0L ecoboost engine
    SE Tech/My Ford Touch
    Heated Steering Wheel
    18" patented luxury wheels
    Reverse sensing system
    Dual zone a/c

Monthly payment included taxes, surcharges etc. $159

How does this look? Do you think we can get that monthly payment down or increase allowable miles to the $159 price tag? Your help is greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!!!

0.25% APR and 52% residual. $2750 lease cash.

I get $141/mo, using your numbers. I wonder if there is a doc fee hiding in there somewhere. You need the adjusted CAP cost to see exactly what's there. If you want 12K/yr, it would add about $10/mo.

I wouldn't put the whole $4K trade towards the payment. Pay all your upfront fees and put about $2500 in your pocket. (of course, that adds about $70/mo. to the payment.

I wouldn't worry about safety/reliability. It's a 3-year lease, under warranty. You can check the crash safety record, but I doubt that it's substantially different from Honda/Toyota.

What I would worry about? Which car you like driving more. Three years is a long time to drive a car you don't like. All three of these models are relatively cheap to lease. Pick the one you like the best.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Vcorley1Vcorley1 Member Posts: 3
    thanks Kyfdx! I appreciate the help. Is there any upcoming time of year where new promos come out that may help offset costs?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Vcorley1 said:

thanks Kyfdx! I appreciate the help. Is there any upcoming time of year where new promos come out that may help offset costs?

Not really.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator