Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

For this used 2014 MDX, what's a good price to offer for a start ...?

kris2001kris2001 Member Posts: 17
edited March 2016 in Acura
From a dealer in sePA...I am about to offer a lowest starting price. Car rides well. What's a good price to offer for a start ...? Is $34,000 good or low?

Details:

2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Tech SUV

Year: 2014
Make: Acura
Model: MDX
Trim: SH-AWD w/Tech
Bodystyle: SUV
Doors: 5 door
Mileage: 13,635 miles miles
Engine: 3.5L V-6 cyl
Transmission: Automatic
Drive Line: Super Handling All-Wheel Drive
Fuel Type: Premium Unleaded
Exterior Color: Dark Cherry Pearl
VIN: 5FRYD4H44EB049845
Model Code: YD4H4EKNW
Stock #: 6679
Comments: Enjoy the open road in this 2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Tech, with quality conveniences like dual climate control, rear air conditioning, anti-lock brakes, a backup camera, blind spot sensors, traction control, and a navigation system. It comes with a 3.5 liter 6 Cylinder engine. Don't worry about careless owners! This SUV AWD only had one previous owner. This one's a keeper. It has a crash test safety rating of 5 out of 5 stars. It has a dark cherry pearl exterior and a parchment interior. The rear spoiler gives this SUV AWD a sporty feel. According to a review from New Car Test Drive, Acura expects the 2014 MDX to earn a five-star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), and a TOP SAFETY PICK+ rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), including the highest rating of GOOD in the Institute's stringent new small overlap frontal collision test. Is this the vehicle you've been waiting for? Come on down and find out for yourself! ​ 

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I think that would be a good price for you--but given the low miles they may hold out for mid $30Ks on it. You can make your offer and then walk and see if they call you back, or try to work you back up again. You wouldn't be foolish paying a bit more.
  • kris2001kris2001 Member Posts: 17

I think that would be a good price for you--but given the low miles they may hold out for mid $30Ks on it. You can make your offer and then walk and see if they call you back, or try to work you back up again. You wouldn't be foolish paying a bit more.

Thanks... This dealer is in the bundocks and is a Nissan dealer.
    What's the best site to check if the dealer has a bad rep? I did check Edmunds dealer rating for that dealer and he showed a 5 star rating! Reason is dealers in the rural areas seem to give lower prices than ones in the rich areas near city...Is this trend common , do you see it often?

I am also trading in a 07 rav4 LTD,red,good condition, 111,200 miles, with extra remote ignition (Toyota dealer installed) and a Sirius radio (wired , external)....Is $7000 a good trade-in price ?