Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Some times you gotta just let go and have fun with the data, know what I mean?
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,176
    If everyone spent less than 10% of their "overall" income on cars, it would be a painfully dull world, as even the old cars would be boring. Now that I have a car payment again, payment + insurance + fuel + old car will easily go past 10%, and I am fine with that. Anything to sell a story, I suppose.
  • Options
    Says the guy with no kids. :P

I have to worry about putting 2 kids through college.

Smart ones that are likely to go on the grad school, I mean.
  • Options
    Scholarships + jobs + loans - it got me through. Of course, even 15 years ago the relationship between costs and wages was better than now.

Hopefully not creating more cookie cutter MBAs - we're full up on those already ;)
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Been there, done that...and still doing it. But we're happy to do it if we can and the boss says we can! And they are soooo worth it!!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    michaellnomichaellno Member Posts: 4,120
    Gross income? Seriously?

With my wife's new job (and the resultant 20% pay cut), we're right at the 10% threshold for the payment on the Mazda based on our net pay.
  • Options
    Too young to pick a major, but between the straight As and being the leading rebounder on the hoops team, we might get some scholarship help. :shades:

The ones who score get all the glory, though.
  • Options
    My boss texted at noon that he needed 5 of us for a lot to lot run today but only 3 of us said yes...I couldn't believe it actually as most of my co-workers say they need the money. But the majority said "no" today...and the checks are in to! I wasn't going to drive 50 or so miles just to get the pay check but would've been great to work and get my check. Hopefully we'll have a gig tomorrow and there after as I miss the job!!

Decided to go do the Kia test drive to qualify for the $25 Visa gift card. Drove the Soul and a used 2012 Rio and both were nice actually. The Soul had the bigger engine so it pulled stronger on the test run. The Rio drove o k but it had over 32k on it and felt tired. They had a gorgeous red 4 5 door GDI on the showroom floor which was really nice...had all the options plus a navi unit and I really really liked it! Beautiful alloys and the paint was stunning and it had 15" sneakers which I thought was a bit unusual as I thought they'd have at least 16" ones. The seat fabric was a bit nicer than the standard fare also. If I were in the market, I would consider it. Since the wife is interested in the Accent, knowing the Rio is basically the same car, wanted to give it a good spin but they had no sedans on the lot. He said that they are selling cars but they seemed to have plenty of Optima's out front and I sat in a really nice top of the line model...sweet.

In the same auto mall area was the Nissan store so I stopped and asked to drive the new Sentra. They had a white and silver SV out front so we took the silver one. It drove just like it's bigger brother, the Altima...just fantastic! Didn't feel like a compact car at all, felt like a mid to full size car...I think Nissan nailed it with this vehicle, simply outstanding folks...OUTSTANDING!! Totally blew me away. It has a CVT tranny and it's definitely something one gets used to...this one was a bit more responsive than my kids Versa but the Versa does have a smaller engine which is the reason I'd bet. But I liked the whole car, nicely screwed together and doesn't look like an economy car at all but like a more upscale car...great job Nissan...well done!! I preferred the cloth seats in the SL model better though the SV cloth is pretty nice also, I just preferred the SL's. And I learned that not all SL's have leather as I was led to believe. All the controls were right where they should be and worked well...this interior is not cheap looking at all but very well done. I liked this car so much that I now have a 2nd favorite in this class, this Sentra is as good as the Elantra and I'm seriously not sure which one I'd choose if I had to right now. It's so good that I am thinking about possibly trading in my beloved Civic for a '14 Sentra when they do come out, I liked it that much! I am not bullcrapping here folks...I would seriously consider trading in my Civic here! I will never want to get a 1st year model again like I did with the Civic, just not worth the aggravation and repeated return visits to the dealer...I'll just wait till the 2nd or later years from now on.

Went on a little extended test drive with the salesguy who was more than o k with it. It accelerates briskly when needed and brakes very smoothly. The seats felt good on my bad spine and had clear vision throughout the whole car with no blind spots I remember. It soaked up bumps and other road imperfections without any fuss and this car drives so similar to the Altima I really was blown away. I did drive a 2012 Sentra up to Tampa during the week and it was very smooth...this 2013 was even smoother, very well dampered on all four corners. Acceptable stereo with sat radio for the 1st 3 months gratis and the sound was pretty good, controls were easy and not complicated in the least which was a good thing since some of the cars I've driven lately have been way to busy and complicated to use. This radio was pretty straight forward which I really appreciated. It's obvious that Nissan spent considerable time and effort to get even the little things done right here. I actually hated to give the keys back and felt a bit cheated once I got back into my Civic. By now I think y'all can tell that I REALLY REALLY LIKE THIS CAR!!! I REALLY WANT ONE LIKE...NOW!!

The Kia guy had no idea when the new Forte would be arriving at his store which I found kinda strange actually. I was upfront with both sales guys that the wife won't touch a '13 model and will only buy a '14 one...I like to be straight with these guys and today, both showrooms were pretty empty but I was there at 10 a m. The Nissan guy had better product knowledge and started off by putting up the hood and showing me the engine compartment. Then the trunk area, the fold down rear seats...this guy did a stellar job of presenting his product while the Kia guy was the exact opposite. It's like he just didn't care and did the minimal in showing any features at all. He assumed that I was not buying today which was correct but still, his lack of anything really put me off. I was really excited about the red 5 door in the showroom but he either didn't care or something to even show me some of the features of the vehicle. He will not get our business but I will give the Nissan guy a shot if we do go that way. Even he told me to keep my car once he saw it, he said it's too nice to trade in on the Sentra but I'm thinking here, really thinking! Even the Elantra which I really like also didn't excite me like this new Sentra does. But I reallt do want to try the Forte as the articles I've read give it very high marks in every category.

Backy, I'll be very interested to hear your evaluation of the new 2013 Sentra when you get a chance. I'd like to hear you do a comparison between the Elantra and the Sentra since you really do a stellar job on these when you write one here.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    Kia's Nav unit is pretty nice, they use solid state memory (no DVD or hard drive) and have a more responsive tough screen than just about anyone.

The Sentra's back seat really impressed me, it dwarfs the Dart's for example.

I think I'd get the Altima, though, since the fuel tank is so much bigger and mileage is similar, your range would be much better.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Doing all this for the wife as she's definitely going to get a 2014 model as she refuses to get a 2013. I figure by the last week of December she'll be ready to write that all important check. She refuses to drive anything bigger than the Mazda3 she currently has and would be very happy going down a size actually. She does not want another Mazda3 or a Civic but after driving the new Sentra this morning, I think it would suit her needs perfectly as it has a bigger engine than the Accent that she thinks she wants and is just a much better vehicle in my opinion. I liked it so much that I would buy one right now if it weren't a 1st year model and if my Civic had as much miles on it as hers does. But my car just rolled over the 37k mark and is in flawless condition so it makes zero sense to trade it in. I offered it to her but she wants something new she picks out which I totally get. I still think the Sentra would be perfect for her as it drives just like the bigger Altima, a smooth driver which soaks up any road imperfections flawlessly!

Even though the Kia Rio I drove earlier today was used, it was pretty nice and felt a bit sportier than my daughter's '08 Hyundai Accent. We haven't driven the new Accent so it could be just as sporty as the Rio is. We'll need to do a back to back Accent vs. Rio test to see which vehicle she'd prefer. I think the difference in power between what she has now and those smaller cars will be a problem for her and that she will decide upon a compact vehicle but I could be wrong here. She might just be very o k with it. I've suggested to her that she switch vehicles with my kid for a couple of weeks just to see if she could live with it on a daily basis as the Accent just sits at my daughter's apartment because she walks across the street to pharmacy school. They use it once a week to go food shopping with the wife driving anyways. This would be the best test for her.

With her being in the middle of tax season, she won't be ready to test anything until April 16th at the earliest but I'm kinda laying the ground work here. I know there are some cars she won't even consider...the Civic and the Dart are just two of the vehicles off her short list. As much as she likes the BMW 3 Series, she won't spend the coinage to have one but I'd still like her to try it so she can make a well informed choice. She won't even consider used and I think she'd like to stay under the $20k price point. Luckily she'll still have plenty to choose from but she also likes the long warranty that Hyundai/Kia provide and having the Hyundai store right across the street from our development is a big plus for her. I do all the car stuff anyways but having it so close is a very strong selling point for her. And since my http://static.ed.edmunds-media.com/edmunds-webassets/1.38.158/img/forums/Connect- - _dark_small_short.gifmechanic turned off her check engine light yesterday, I haven't heard anything today about it so I'm assuming that it didn't reappear on her dash yet. Maybe it really was the fault of the gas cap after all which would please me no end. I don't want to put any more $ into this car if I don't have to. The a/c still blows cold on settings 3 & 4 so we're o k there. Living in South Florida, a/c is a must and if it goes out again, I'll have to do something...either fix it or let her use the Accent or Civic until we come up with a game plan.

• Options
    Agree with what you said. The red Ria in the showroom was all decked out with possibly every option they offer and was just stunning...deep looking red paint with nice alloys that gave it a very stylish look...certainly not the sub compact economy car that it is underneath! The navi unit was integrated nicely in the modern dash and I'd be surprised if anyone who didn't know the make of this car could tell it was such an inexpensive one. Kia/Hyundai has come a long way and makes excellent vehicles now...they remind me of the Honda company of 20 years ago when they were producing the best cars on the market. I would be very proud to own any Hyundai/Kia product right now and possibly will in a few years.

I was unhappy that they didn't have a brand new Rio for me to drive so we drove a used one. Nice but there's just something about driving a brand new car. And unfortunately, the sales person I got wasn't too product knowledgeable and just didn't seem to care either...a real turnoff really. But I was upfront with him and said I was just starting my search and would not be buying a 2013 model. I could see his lack of interest immediately which was sad...the showroom was empty, I was the only customer and trust me, if she decides to purchase the Rio, it won't be at that store! Yet the sales guy at the Nissan shop at the same auto mall was just excellent in his presentation. He showed me everything...and I mean EVERYTHING! He let me take the longer route with the Sentra and was very personable. Again, I explained my time frame and all and he was cool about it as he knew that if he did his job today, I might come back in the future and buy from him...he was smart enough to just do the best job he could knowing there'd be no sale today. Again, the showroom was pretty empty with mostly sales folk walking around. And if I decide to buy something for me, I'd sure look him up in the future.

• Options
    All that matters is the scholarship. Good luck. It was a lot more affordable when you and I graduated - and I think I am several years behind you.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    "but there's just something about driving a brand new car"

I never got that, until now :shades:

In the past, I was happy to have a car made in the same decade I was in, or less than a decade old (my first two cars were many years older than me). Now, the smell and the tech, I am already won over. Hope I don't get spoiled, I already feel a bit guilty/decadent.
  • Options
    That new car smell is wonderful and there's just that excitement of driving a brand new car. Unlike the smell in mine now...that glue they used on my new headliner is putrid and had to leave all the windows down in the garage since yesterday. Guy said it will take a few days doing this for the smell to go away but the new headliner looks great. A bit lighter than what came with the car but very acceptable. Funny, after driving that new Sentra today, I came home and started doing the math to see if maybe trading the Civic for it would be wise...it's not! Financially or logically just makes no sense. Money isn't the issue as I have the cash but even the sales guy at Nissan said I seriously need to keep the car as it looks brand new and the miles are so low. I know he's right but with all you guys getting new wheels and now that I've driven so much cool stuff at work, the itch is growing stronger for sure. But I need to remain strong and stay the course. As much as I would love a Mercedes or BMW, not sure my practical self would let me pull the trigger on anything over $20k on any vehicle. I also know the wife would throw a fit if I did buy a luxury car like you do. It's fun to wish but I'm just to damned practical and logical to actually do it!

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Just keep telling yourself you get to drive a "new" car a couple of times a week or more now.

Plus new car smell is all those headliner adhesives and other chemicals outgassing. Bad for your back. :shades:
  • Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,268
    "I think I'd get the Altima, though, since the fuel tank is so much bigger and mileage is similar, your range would be much better."

They cheaped out on the 2013 model and reduced it to 18 gallons. :sick: From 2002 through 2012, it was 20 gallons. Of course, the 2013 model gets significantly better mileage, so its theoretical range is greater. I can easily go 400+ miles before having to think about refueling my 2009 model, and have gone as far as 575 miles between fill-ups.
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,439
    Don't feel guilty pal. You are allowed. You got a greAt deal on a beautiful car. We're very close in age & every car I've ever owned/leased (except the E30 I bought for $950) has been new. I go through periods where I say to myself that it makes sense to buy used or CPO, but I haven't followed through.

I too felt guilty at the sheer thought of trading in my 2010 Acura TSX. I told myself that it'll be paid off in less than 3 years & after that I'd have no car payments."

I've been driving my BMW for almost a year now (March 18 or 19). I'm enjoying every single minute of the 30 months I have my BMW for.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Thank you for keeping me grounded...it makes no sense to trade at this juncture actually and I do know that. And I need to keep in mind that any new car will drive a bit better than my '06 Civic does. And since I do get to drive new cars almost daily, that should be enough to satisfy the itch that must be scratched. O k, the haze is wearing off and I'm coming back to reality now. We're keeping the Civic and praying that the Mazda has no more hiccups for awhile or at least until we trade it for her new vehicle. I know I can do this but it won't be easy. Seeing all you guys getting multiple new vehicles is difficult sometimes. And all the new cars lately have been pretty cool to. And who knows, some new '14 models that she likes might come out a bit earlier than our December time frame.

The funny part is is that when I got to finally drive the Mazda yesterday, it drove fantastically, just like when it was new. Touch the gas pedal and whooosshhhh...the power this 2.3 engine has is quite remarkable really, always puts a big grin on my face and actually, when all detailed, the car looks pretty good. I still need to reschedule the detailing and headlight restoration for the next week or two...the wife mentioned again that if she'll see better at night after they are cleaned up, then we need to do it soon. Told her I'd reschedule.

• Options
    Attaboy.

(I'll give you six weeks LOL).
  • Options
    No, I'll give myself much longer...if I can get through today, then I'll be fine, really. Wife just called, she's staying with our daughter for awhile, and again asked if I'd called the detailer yet. I'm assuming the service engine light is still off so I will reschedule now. And ya know what, if the a/c goes, we'll just fix it and go from there. Maybe going to 150k is the best decision after all, maybe it's just meant to be. I believe in timing in life and that certain things happen for a reason we're not meant to understand and for some reason, the powers that be have determined that we just stay the course here so, who am I to argue...right?

• Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Most folks buy new cars based on emotions. It rarely makes financial sense. All those cars you are driving may be getting you thinking along the lines of getting something new. On the other hand, driving all those cars is like having a new car everyday. And getting paid to boot !
  • Options
    I've never had a bad smelling car - old MBs generally have a pleasant old smell, and the new car has a nice sweet smell I have noticed in other new MBs. I hope it doesn't fade. The E55 had a similar smell, probably from the leather cleaner.

My new car makes no sense financially or logically - but life is too short. Also, when it comes to a lot of cars, no wife = happy life :shades:

You are lucky with that job, like you say, you can kind of scratch the new car itch. As my position has it so I often work only 4 days a week, I am seriously thinking of applying for a part time job at this dealership - even moving cars around would be fun, it wouldn't be for the money rather than for something entertaining. Don't know if they'd want a one day a week worker though.
  • Options
    I suppose never having a new car, and going several years without payments should make my purchase doable. It's not like I am making 250K or something, but I generally live below my means, and this new car won't stress my finances. Assuming my employment status looks good when the lease is up, there's a good chance I will do it again, especially if I can get a similar or better deal.

I've had my car for 11 days now, and it has rained 9 of those days. I am yearning for a day off on a nice dry day just to cruise around.
  • Options
    Maybe you could take photos of their inventory for the web sites?

Naturally you'd want to drive them all to that scenic rooftop garage location for the pics. :)
  • Options
    They have a nice holding lot that would work well for photos. Hmm...I even have my own DSLR. That would be a heck of a job.

I'd probably have fun just cleaning the cars for delivery.
  • Options
    boomchekboomchek Member Posts: 5,516
    I've had my car for 11 days now, and it has rained 9 of those days

No different up here. Since we're in the same geographic area I think we have same weather. It's been gloomy, grey, and miserable the past week or so.

2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

• Options
    mark156mark156 Member Posts: 1,915
    edited February 2013
    The '90 MB 500SL is having a little hesitation problem (56,000 original miles).... can't believe we've had that car for 23 yrs. And, the 2001 S500 (89,000 original miles) is getting long in the tooth although it runs like a top.

I'm thinking of trading both cars in for one vehicle as having 8 vehicles is pushing it trying to keep all of them top notch. The Jaguar XJ has caught my eye for a long time. I won't do anything soon as I want a 2014 whatever it might be.

The new MB S class should be coming out soon as it's time for the major restyle (every 7 yrs.) if they stay on track. The current S class never really floated my boat.

I have plenty of time to decide. Also, the all electric Tesla is exciting and very sporty looking.

Mark156
    2010 Land Rover LR4, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Bentley GTC, 1990 MB 500SL, 2001 MB S500, 2007 Lincoln TC, 1964 RR Silver Cloud III, 1995 MB E320 Cab., 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach
  • Options
    Exactly Fin, I'm not doing this job just for the money but for the enjoyment of driving cars all the time. Sure the paycheck every two weeks is great but I'd want to do this no matter what the pay was. I've been lucky two times now that I'm getting paid to do something I truly love and in this case again, work is not a four letter word!

• Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,606
    I wasn't a fan of the XJ when it came out but must admit it has grown on me. The black D-pillar was the main problem for me, but in darker colors, it is a sleek looking vehicle.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options
    Also, the all electric Tesla is exciting and very sporty looking.

Have you thought about a Fisker? It's a stunning looking sedan and relatively well priced. The only drawback I can see is it sits low like a sports car, so not sure if you're concerned with access/egress.

• Options
    dieselonedieselone Member Posts: 5,729
    Fin, I missed that you bought a new car. What did you get? Did you sell or trade the E55?
  • Options
    little hesitation problem

Can they do a fuel system service on it? That addressed a hesitation we had on our '95 626. I realize the cars are quite different but it was a night-and-day improvement.
  • Options
    With that low of mileage for that year, it very well could be dirty injectors.
  • Options
    If you want to keep the SL, have it "tuned up" (for lack of a better word). Fresh ignition components and a FI cleaning should cure it.

S-class will be out in the fall.
  • Options
    I have an E350 Bluetec now - couldn't resist the sweetheart deal as the facelift model is coming. I traded the E55, and it brought decent money, especially as they can be hard to sell.
  • Options
    Not good for driving, and like there, here a little rain makes people panic and crawl. I am trying to lose some of my OCD status and not wipe down the car constantly - one reason I chose white. It's starting to look a little dirty, and I can't wait to run it through the (free - thanks Barrier) car wash.
  • Options
    Do they hire for one day a week workers? :shades:

I hope you get lucky with a highline car sometimes. Apparently the National/Enterprise group has a lot of C-class now.
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,954
    Also, the all electric Tesla is exciting and very sporty looking.

If I had the means, I think that would be my choice. Although probably lease only, if such a thing exists. If I was buying... maybe a Panamera diesel. ;)

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    I have an E350 Bluetec now - couldn't resist the sweetheart deal as the facelift model is coming. I traded the E55, and it brought decent money, especially as they can be hard to sell.

Very nice. It may not have the all out speed your used to, but I'm sure you'll love the torque of the diesel around town. I'd expect a bluetec will hold it's value well too.

I'd love to get a bluetec GL, but I don't want to spend that much cash on something I'd be hauling kids and the dog in. I prefer having something that won't make me yell and scream when the inevitable scratches and gouges happen.
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,954
    edited March 2013
    BMW sent me an email about an additional $750 for current owners. OK, I bit. I went to the site to configure a 135is. Near $50k equipped how I'd want. :surprise: :sick:

For that kind of money, I'd be thinking lightly used 911. Heck, I could get a used M3 for quite a bit less.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    It's just a lease, no doubt resale helps for the low payment. Off the line it isn't hugely different from the old car. 0-60 is still under 7 (6.7, IIRC), so it is no slouch. Getting literally 60%+ better mileage than the old V8, but of course the payment cancels that out many times over :shades:

For kids/pets duty, a used mainstream vehicle is the best choice. Use it til its tired, move on.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    A women down the street from me wrecked her GL550 last week during a snow storm. I actually saw the wreck about 10 minutes after it happened. Someone in a Ford Windstar lost control and slid into her path, and it basically was an of set head on collision. It just crushed the Windstar and the occupant had to be extracted. My neighbor and her 10 year old didn't get a scratch and both front doors could freely open. The GL held up impressively well and is obviously a well built vehicle. The Windstar looked like a crushed beer can.
  • Options
    Do they hire for one day a week workers?

Just find 6 other people like sandman and pick a day of the week. :D
  • Options
    135is. Near $50k equipped how I'd want

They're almost cornering themselves in to a lease-only environment.
  • Options
    Yeah, if you don't have much down, you're looking at a house payment:(
  • Options
    $833 per month for 5 years before you even factor interest.

I considered the 128i rag top but the back seat was useless, so I ended up with a 2 seater. Back then they were a lot cheaper, price has crept up big time.
  • Options
    The GL held up impressively well and is obviously a well built vehicle.

Very solid cars. One thing that's a bit shocking to me is over the years I hear a lot of fatalities in BMWs. Maybe it's because fatalities are more publicized in the news, or because they are driven faster and more recklessly? Nothing against BMW as I have one but it's just odd.

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,736
    Eight vehicles! We are three cars, three drivers, two car garage. I bought a midlife crisis mobile about about 21 months ago, traded in my sensible shoes for it. As I have very wide, low profile summer tires on my sled, at the mere mention of the word "snow" (I'm in Boston area) it begins to slide around in the garage! So, I was considering a winter-beater. And getting pretty excited to shop/buy one. But then, my (much) better half said, no fourth car! Voice of reason and fiscal sense...

After the recent "Snowmageddon" (we got about 31" of snow in less than 24 hours), I spent an hour digging out my daughters AWD, my wife said "Aren't you glad you didn't have to dig out two cars?" Voice of reason, fiscal sense and aching back preventor! And daughter is off to college in the fall, so I'll get to use the AWD in the winter.

Fisker is a tight fit (esp. in back seats), very small trunk, and (unfortunately) a questionable future as a car co. I hope they survive, it is a beautiful piece of work. I'd like to see the more affordable Atlantic come to fruition. My local Jag/LR/Fisker dealer advertised $15k off MSRP on their remaining '12 inventory (I'm not sure if Fisker has produced a '13 yet?), and they did sell all five they had.

Being somewhat of a contrarian, I'd seriously consider a Jag XJ or XF over the competition simply to avoid the ubiquity of the Germans. And, they are fine autos, too. I, too, do not like the blacked out D pillar on the XJ, but certainly am a fan of Ian Callum. He did a bang up job on my ride!

Eight vehicles! ...the most toys wins!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,800
    There's always something newer or cooler around the next corner, so take the plunge when you're all-in! :P
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    A GL is a tank, the new style one even more so. Will probably cut through most normal cars like they are made of tinfoil - which is worrisome here given the driving ability of the target demographic.