Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Drilling Holes for a License Plate - 2016 Chevrolet Volt

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited March 2016 in Chevrolet
imageDrilling Holes for a License Plate - 2016 Chevrolet Volt

California is one of 31 states that require a front license plate. Now that the plates arrived for our 2016 Chevrolet Volt, it was time to drill some holes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Posts: 862
    Oh my, you just DRILLED holes into your brand new Volt? Crazy. Of course, I guess its more crazy that I live in Georgia and work in Tennessee and that represents 2 of just 19 states that DON'T require front license plates.
  • iamthestigiamthestig Philadelphia, PAPosts: 85
    I'm so glad I live in Pennsylvania where front license plates aren't required.
  • tom_in_mntom_in_mn Posts: 61
    I would swap out those screws for stainless steel ones, as I always plan on keeping my cars a long time. If you are stuck with a plate, at least you can avoid the rust stains.
  • Yeah it bites, but in West LA/SoCal/driving on PCH parking enforcement relish giving out tickets for this. And moto cops/hwy patrol love to use it as an excuse to pull u over. I had the bracket put on my car before I picked it up cuz I just didn't want to deal w the aggro later.
  • schen72schen72 Posts: 433
    Even though CA requires a front license plate, I've driven 20 years without a plate on my cars and never had a problem with the police. My most recent car just purchased 2 weeks ago, already had the front plate installed via drilling into the bumper. Sigh.
  • subatomicsubatomic Posts: 140
    No front license plate required here in quaint little Delaware. No sales tax either :-)
  • agentorangeagentorange Posts: 893
    As a European that moved to the US, don't get me started on the laundry list of stupidity regarding plates in this country.
  • As a European that moved to the US, don't get me started on the laundry list of stupidity regarding plates in this country.

Go on..
  • gslippygslippy Posts: 514

I'm so glad I live in Pennsylvania where front license plates aren't required.

Me, too; it's one thing PA has right, anyway.