Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

How to adjust seat/steering wheel to see the speedometer without leaning forward?

gelewisgelewis Posts: 2
edited March 2016 in Honda
Just got a 2016 Honda Accord loaner while waiting for an airbag part to come in for my 2011 CRV. I'm about 5' 10" tall and I can't get the seat and wheel adjusted for unobstructed view of the speedometer without tilting the wheel up toward my face. I prefer the wheel to be facing the direction of my chest rather than my face in case of an accident/airbag deployment.

I hate to have to lean forward to see how fast I'm going. I'm I just a complete idiot or is a knowledge of rocket science required here?
Thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Isn't there some sort of up/down seat adjustment?
  • gelewisgelewis Posts: 2
    Yes, seat goes up, down, forward, and back. Wheel pulls in/out and tilts. Only way to get unobstructed view is if I tilt wheel as far up as it will go. So I take it I'm the only one with this problem?
  • accordexlnavaccordexlnav Burbank, CAPosts: 17
    gelewis said:

Yes, seat goes up, down, forward, and back. Wheel pulls in/out and tilts. Only way to get unobstructed view is if I tilt wheel as far up as it will go. So I take it I'm the only one with this problem?

I've had the same problem… I'm also 5' 10" tall, and can't seem to adjust the wheel or the seat to a happy position (unobstructed view of the speedometer). in both the 2013 Sedan EXL V6 or the 2016 sedan EXL V6