Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Teens first car?

scootsmcfaddinscootsmcfaddin Posts: 1
edited March 2016 in General
14 years a few months until I get my permit

First off I'm buying this car so It's completely my choice so don't tell me don't get a coupe or don't get a fast car or whatever. I know nothing about cars so something I have to work on probably won't work for me unless it's cheap enough I can bring it to someone to fix up for me. What has caught my eye so far is the Nissan 350z, dodge challenger, chevy Camaro, ford mustang, Mazda rx-8, and some other [non-permissible content removed] I will NEVER be able to afford. So I am buying used.

My wishlist in order of importance is very fast (not quick but that helps), automatic not manual, NOT a gas guzzler, under 10k MAYBE under 15k, stylish (you can probably see what I like through the cars I listed), and can withstand weather ( I live in the North where it snows but It's also hot and there are mountains everywhere).

Out of the cars I listed, I like the mustang and 350z the most. The problems are: I hear everywhere ford sucks, and the 350z doesn't look cool :/ and it doesn't have a lot of hp. I do like the chevy camaro a lot but I couldn't find any Camaros before 2015, so I don't know if it wasn't made before then or if I'm terrible at using the internet.

I really like old cars (60s and up) but they're gas guzzlers and they're manual. I can do manual because cars that aren't even ancient have it, like some 350z, I just don't want driving to be a chore.

One last thing, whatever status the car puts me at I don't care. I live around a lot of rich people so they're going to have porsches andways (a car that could beat those in a street race would be nice, Idk how fast rich people cars are).

Comments

• steverstever Posts: 52,462
    A reporter is working on a story about online driver's ed classes. If you've taken one of these online classes -- or if you considered it and decided not to take it -- then please shoot a message to [email protected] by no later than Thursday, November 3, 2016.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490

14 years a few months until I get my permit

First off I'm buying this car so It's completely my choice so don't tell me don't get a coupe or don't get a fast car or whatever. I know nothing about cars so something I have to work on probably won't work for me unless it's cheap enough I can bring it to someone to fix up for me. What has caught my eye so far is the Nissan 350z, dodge challenger, chevy Camaro, ford mustang, Mazda rx-8, and some other [non-permissible content removed] I will NEVER be able to afford. So I am buying used.

My wishlist in order of importance is very fast (not quick but that helps), automatic not manual, NOT a gas guzzler, under 10k MAYBE under 15k, stylish (you can probably see what I like through the cars I listed), and can withstand weather ( I live in the North where it snows but It's also hot and there are mountains everywhere).

Out of the cars I listed, I like the mustang and 350z the most. The problems are: I hear everywhere ford sucks, and the 350z doesn't look cool :/ and it doesn't have a lot of hp. I do like the chevy camaro a lot but I couldn't find any Camaros before 2015, so I don't know if it wasn't made before then or if I'm terrible at using the internet.

I really like old cars (60s and up) but they're gas guzzlers and they're manual. I can do manual because cars that aren't even ancient have it, like some 350z, I just don't want driving to be a chore.

One last thing, whatever status the car puts me at I don't care. I live around a lot of rich people so they're going to have porsches andways (a car that could beat those in a street race would be nice, Idk how fast rich people cars are).

Buy what you like then, but not an RX-8. Extremely troublesome car and not for a rookie. Camaros are quite plentiful and have been made since before you were born!