Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Luxury Vehicles Morph Into "Personal Sanctuaries"

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2016 in General
Luxury Vehicles Morph Into

The definition of luxury is changing in high-end vehicles, as automakers strive to make them "Personal Sanctuaries". The top-of-the-line 2017 Volvo XC90 Excellence provides its two rear-seat passengers with their own comfy individual recliners that feature tray tables, footrests, ambient lighting, seat ventilation and a massage function.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    thepuffthepuff Member Posts: 87
    Seems like more and more cars are being designed only for the 1% anymore.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Fine, as long as the operator of that "personal sanctuary" remains aware that they are driving 2 tons of hurtling steel at 65 mph and it really hurts when you hit things.
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Yep, physics are hard to get around. That's why all this "the car parks/stops/looks out FOR you" stuff bothers me. Heaven helps us if some manufacturer comes out with a "100% safe" vehicle. People are already oblivious enough behind the wheel as is
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited March 2016
    > People are already oblivious enough behind the wheel as is

Which is a big reason I want all the safety stuff in my car, like blind spot detection and automatic braking.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Mother Nature always tells mankind: "You provide the fool proof mechanism and I'll provide the fool to defeat it".
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking to speak with someone who recently got a great deal on a new luxury brand vehicle (BMW, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Jaguar, etc.). If you're willing to share your story, please reach out to pr@edmunds.com by no later than Friday, May 20, 2016.