Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Fuel Pressure Loss

scoot2300scoot2300 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2016 in Chevrolet
Howdy folks,

I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado experiencing a loss of fuel pressure after the truck has been running for 20 minutes or more. Please note: I have already changed the fuel pump, fuel filter, relay and fuel pressure regulator. Once the truck has sat overnight, it will build pressure right away (around 55 psi) and but then as the truck runs for a bit, will not restart at all and the fuel pressure has declined to almost nothing (5 psi). What could be causing this catastrophic loss of pressure while the truck is running? When it is running, it runs fine. For the most part, idles fine as well. I am baffled. I thank you all in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Have you tested for a voltage drop in the fuel pump voltage feed circuit?

Voltage Drop Test
  • Options
    scoot2300scoot2300 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Mr_Shiftright - I have not yet. I did rent the fuel pressure tester kit which has the voltage meter. I just haven't had time yet. I gathered the fuel pressure data last night and I am work today. Can run electrical tests this evening. Any other suggestions?