Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I am considering leasing for the first time. Can anyone help me?

chareb8chareb8 Member Posts: 3
edited April 2016 in Mazda
I'm so happy that I found this forum! I am considering leasing for the first time (only because the car that I am interested in is affected in the Takata recall) so I am trying to find the logic in it for me personally.

Can someone help me with the residual and money factor for this 2016 Mazda 6 Touring with the Bose and Moonroof package.

The dealer said that the price was $27,140. He brought my monthly payments down to $294 for 36 months with me putting down anywhere from $1800-$2300 in taxes and fees upfront. (The range to $2300 is because I was also considering the Grand Touring). This is for 10,000 miles/year. To go up to 12,000 will be +$9. I am in NYC.

Should I pay the: 1st month and dmv fees down OR the taxes & fees?

I was also told that I would have to pay for the maintenance of the car because Mazda does not offer it. Is this true????? That kind of defeats the purpose of leasing right?

After the MF and RV, should I even consider leasing/will the price be reasonable to buy after?

Thanks for any and all help.

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Which model Mazda? Both the 3 and the 6 and likely some others have Touring and Grand Touring styles.
  • chareb8chareb8 Member Posts: 3
    stever said:

Which model Mazda? Both the 3 and the 6 and likely some others have Touring and Grand Touring styles.

Sorry, I edited it. This is for the Mazda 6 Touring.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,268
    chareb8 said:

I'm so happy that I found this forum! I am considering leasing for the first time (only because the car that I am interested in is affected in the Takata recall) so I am trying to find the logic in it for me personally.

Can someone help me with the residual and money factor for this 2016 Mazda 6 Touring with the Bose and Moonroof package.

The dealer said that the price was $27,140. He brought my monthly payments down to $294 for 36 months with me putting down anywhere from $1800-$2300 in taxes and fees upfront. (The range to $2300 is because I was also considering the Grand Touring). This is for 10,000 miles/year. To go up to 12,000 will be +$9. I am in NYC.

Should I pay the: 1st month and dmv fees down OR the taxes & fees?

I was also told that I would have to pay for the maintenance of the car because Mazda does not offer it. Is this true????? That kind of defeats the purpose of leasing right?

After the MF and RV, should I even consider leasing/will the price be reasonable to buy after?

Thanks for any and all help.

Mazda 6 Touring Automatic for 36 months, 10,000 miles per year is 56% and .00001 MF. There is $1000 lease cash available.

Negotiate your best selling price, not the monthly payment.

Mazda does not offer a pre-paid maintenance program - but, the dealer may. I did that with my Hyundai lease.

If your intention is to keep the car many years, it does not make sense to lease then buy. Better to buy outright.

NY charges sales tax against the sum of the payments - you can either pay that amount up front or add it into the monthly payment. I'd go with the second choice to minimize the out of pocket costs at the beginning of the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• chareb8chareb8 Member Posts: 3
    Michaell said:

If your intention is to keep the car many years, it does not make sense to lease then buy. Better to buy outright.

NY charges sales tax against the sum of the payments - you can either pay that amount up front or add it into the monthly payment. I'd go with the second choice to minimize the out of pocket costs at the beginning of the lease.

I was considering leasing to buy in case I actually end up liking the Mazda 6. Other than that, leasing/changing cars often does not appeal to me. I'm only doing it because there is nothing out now that I would want to finance. (Accord is too popular, TL under recall, TLX too small, etc.)

Thank you.