Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Yaris

Comments

• Options
    ozziejattozziejatt Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I have '08 Yaris and it doesnt have a MP3 player. I don't want any modifications and install expensive MP3 player deck as the car is on lease so was just thinking if getting an AUX cable wire comeout of stereo and attach it to Ipod.
    Any idea someone how we do it?

thanks
  • Options
    dakedake Member Posts: 131
    I thought the aux MP3 jack was standard. Did you look in the little cubby to the right of the center console stack? There's a little flip-up cover with a jack that you can plug your MP3 player in to.
  • Options
    ozziejattozziejatt Member Posts: 5
    May be it's standard is RS model. I have LE..checked and 1 only found i button for lock/unlock rest. :cry:
  • Options
    Ok, I think what you're saying is you have the base model? In that case yeah - the base model stereo does not have an MP3 jack. Does the base-model stereo have a cassette player still ( I honestly don't know). If so, you can buy one of those headphone jack to cassette things.

Otherwise, you'll need one of those FM transmitter devices to plug into your MP3 player that lets you listen over the stereo.
  • Options
    hoodyhoody Member Posts: 25
    I been checking my mileage on this thing, 09 5dr and it seems like its getting 25mpg +/- . I fill it up at half a tank each time. this is all local stop-n-go stuff. This sound right?
  • Options
    micwebmicweb Member Posts: 1,617
    Yes, between 18 and 25 mpg is pretty normal for a lightweight car (around 2300-2700 pounds). City driving really kills mpg. You are actually at the high end of the range. You won't see stellar mileage unless you have a long freeway commute or go on a road trip. Then you'll be all smiles.
  • Options
    OK thanks.

funny I figured this 1.5 would get better mpg than my 1.8 Corolla 05 LE.

I get bout 30 or better on that with same driving. I don't yet know what this Yaris would get on a long trip, but my 05 Corolla has got up to 44 mpg at times.
  • Options
    Well, not to confuse things, but my wife's auto Yaris Sedan holds steady at 30 mpg in city driving. 25 seems low to me.
  • Options
    tsjaytsjay Member Posts: 4,591
    My son just bought a brand new Barcelona Red Metallic 2009 Yaris base sedan this past Monday, and I must say, I am very favorably impressed by that little car. His car is an automatic with power windows, power mirrors, and power locks, and it has remote keyless entry. It also has cruise control.

I bought a Chevy Cobalt last June, and I like it a lot, but if I were in the market now, I would sure have to consider the Yaris. I'm sure I would get better gas mileage with the Yaris, althought the Cobalt does pretty well.

Tom
  • Options
    ike3ike3 Member Posts: 81
    Well, that's fine. But I'd be more impressed if this expensive little car included outside heated mirrors. I still don't know why Toyota USA continues to refuse to
    import the Yaria without the feature. Toyota Canada makes it available as a 'Convenience Package 2.' It is an option, true, but at least it made available to customers if they want it. So, for US customers, you have to buy the Corolla to get
    that feature as part of an optional package.
  • Options
    My son allowed his attention to be diverted for just a second while he was driving, and he dropped the right side tires off the pavement and brushed a mailbox. It appears that no paint from his car was removed, but some paint from the mailbox was transferred to his car. What would be the best way to get that paint off without harming the clear coat on his car?

Thanks.

Tom
  • Options
    iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    you can get paint sticks from the Toyota dealer that will paint over an area and then the other side of the paintstick provides you with a "clearcoat" application after your paint job from the paint side of the stick has dried. However, I would gather more input on this one. I'd hate to see him make more of a mess than what's there now. Let us know how it goes, OK? I hope you guys find a good and inexpensive solution to the problem.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• Options
    Thank you, Bryan. That is good information, and if he ever gets a bad scratch, that is the route we will go.

In this case, however, it does not appear that his paint was damaged; it's just a case of some foreign paint being rubbed off onto the surface of his car. I'm hoping to find a way to remove the foreign paint without damaging the clear coat on his car.

Tom
  • Options
    highmiler650highmiler650 Member Posts: 75
    Try working on a very small area with nail polish remover. That should do the trick.
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind replies to my question about removing paint from my son's car.

I decided to call the body shop that has always done such great work for me over the years. Both my daughter and my son had a few fender benders as teenagers, and we gave that body shop a lot of business. They have a well deserved reputation for excellence, and I would not consider taking my business anywhere else.

The manager told me to drive the car over to their place tomorrow and leave it with him for the day. They will give me one of their loaner cars to drive on to work.

I will let everyone know how it turns out.

Tom
  • Options
    Great news! The foreign paint was successfully removed from my son's car without any damage to the car's finish. They only had to use some polishing compound, not rubbing compound.

The shop manager was kind enough not to even charge me anything for the work. Like I said, I have given that shop a lot of business over the years, and the manager was showing his appreciation by doing that work today for no charge.

It's nice to know that there are still businesses who take pride in their work and who appreciate their customers.

Tom
  • Options
    Glad that worked out for you, and glad you didn't use nail polish remover as that would have damaged your finish. I've found a little bit of Goof-off also helps remove small bits of paint transfer without damaging the finish also.
  • Options
    regal5regal5 Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a 2009 3 door LB for $11.7k. I really like the car. It is peppy an very nimble. It reminds me of the classic 89 civic hatchback I owned only it feels more substantial and safer. My only complaint is that the front of the seat is too low giving no thigh support and a feeling of falling foward. I am going to add washers and longer bolts on the front anchors of the seats.

Even the doors close with a quality thud like BMWs I've owned.

I am debating adding a rear sway bar, trd springs, trd shocks, and scion alloy wheels. Would like to get it to handle as good as my Koni'ed EG Honda civic.
  • Options
    lhansonlhanson Member Posts: 268
    Did you buy it new from a dealer for that price or used from a private party?
  • Options
    regal5regal5 Member Posts: 4
    It was new, the dealers are sitting on hundreds of them. They said they aren't selling at all in my region. It even included the convenience package.
  • Options
    damn that's about the lowest price on one I've seen yet. They are around 13,787 at carmax in the DC area, with the 1500 rebate, but I'm 4 hours south of that.

So just what "region" is this? south, north, east, west? and what city?

btw: I bought one for the wife to run around town with back in Dec, it ran me 14,587 with all the packages for a 4 dr hatchback (before the tax, license, & processing fee). I thought that was a good deal lol. Anyway she likes it and so do I, enough to be interested in another one for me when the 10's come out. Its even more fun to drive than my 05 corolla LE. :D (see my earlier post)
  • Options
    Hey, Yaris Peeps!

I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about getting a brand new Yaris sedan with the power option (PQ), Keyless Entry (KE), and cold weather package (CP). The MSRP is $16,285, the invoice is $15,386, and the TMV is $15,847.

I think the color will be Flint Mica, since my son would be PO'd big time if I got his color, Barcelona Red Metallic. That would be my no brainer first choice for color otherwise.

I will be trading-in my 2008 Cobalt LS sedan that has only 15,500 miles on it; I bought it brand new just ten months ago. I have no complaints with the Cobalt, but my son just had me help him negotiate a deal on a new Yaris about three weeks ago, and I have wanted one for myself ever since. What a cool little car!

OK, I am really struggling with this decision. I have a tentative deal that puts me in the Yaris for invoice price, and a trade-in allowance of $9500 on my Cobalt. Average trade-in on the Cobalt, depending on which source is referenced, is $8500 to $9000.

I think I should be happy with the deal. What do you guys think?

I still can't figure out why I am so anxious to give up the room of a compact car in order to buy a subcompact, nor can I understand why I am willing to give up 150 HP, and the excellent acceleration that comes with it, for 100 HP. My Cobalt is a fine little car that I was happy with until I helped my son buy his Yaris.

Advice, please!

Tom
  • Options
    backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    I think there's a $1000 rebate on the Yaris now, and they aren't selling all that well. So IMO invoice is not a good deal right now.

If I were you I'd keep the Cobalt. This is a money-loser any way you look at it, given the big depreciation hit you are taking on the Cobalt after only 10 months. As you said, you have no complaints with the Cobalt, and you can't figure out why you'd want to give up the 150 hp on that "fine little car".

Think, man! Unless you have money to burn or throw down the toilet--why on earth would you make this trade? Here's an idea, something I do when I start getting new car fever and I don't need a new car: spend the afternoon washing/waxing/spiffing up your Cobalt, so it shines like it did when you drove away from the dealership. If you don't like doing that yourself, go have it detailed. It will cost you a lot less than trading for the Yaris and your new-car fever will be greatly reduced if not eliminated.
  • Options
    Backy:

All that you say makes sense, of course.

Here are some other facts to consider. The sticker on my Cobalt was $15,530, but GM was giving a $2000 rebate, so we are down to $13,530. The dealership knocked off $400 to get down to $300 over invoice, so the Cobalt is now down to $13,130. I redeemed $1800 in GM Card earnings, so we are now down to $11,330. They allowed me $700 for my old beater pickup, an 89 S-10 with 219,xxx miles on it, so the amount financed was only $10,630 plus tax, license, and fees.

I am being offered within $1100 of what I paid for the Cobalt on trade-in, while getting the Yaris at invoice. They now have a 0% interest for up to 60 months option in lieu of the $1000 rebate, and I would opt for that, I believe.

I am somewhat afraid that GM is not going to be in a position to honor warranties in the not too distant future. The Government is going to stand good for warranty claims against GM and Chrysler for veihicles purchased after 3/30/09, but those vehicles bought prior to that date would not be protected.

I have to believe that the market value of unprotected GM and Chrysler vehicles would plummet if those companies go under.

Tom
  • Options
    As I said, it's your money to throw away (don't forget the money you spent on the Cobalt on tax/license/fees--that is real money too). If buying the Yaris will make you happy, and you are sure you won't mind giving up that 150 hp in the Cobalt, I can think of worse places to spend money.

Anyway, you don't have much to worry about in terms of losing warranty coverage on the Cobalt. That could happen only under a very low-odds scenario in which GM goes totally out of business (not likely, and if GM stays in business Chevy is likely to be one of the surviving brands) and there are not enough assets to fund warranty service.

But if I were you I'd press for a better deal. As of late March Toyota dealers had a 175-day supply of unsold Yarii (55-60 is considered ideal). And you really don't need a new car now. Practice saying that in a mirror a few times so it's convincing when you talk with the dealer. ;)
  • Options
    All of what you say makes sense too. Since you are not in desperate need of another car, you have plenty of time to get work out a good deal. I have to think that the Yaris will prove to be the more dependable car in the long run with higher resale.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input about my potential car trade.

I have been back and forth over this decision for the last several days. I have been very sure about going ahead and making the trade, and then I have been very sure that I would not trade. I have flip flopped many times.

Whether it makes sense or not, though, I have succumbed to the "fever," and I will go get that Yaris this morning, Lord willing.

The high end for trade-in allowance on my Cobalt is $9000, but they are allowing me $9500. I am getting the Yaris at invoice, but in reality, I am getting it $500 below invoice, considering the extra $500 on trade-in allowance.

I might have been able to get a deal that would be a couple hundred dollars more favorable, but I won't lose any sleep over it.

I DO appreciate your thoughts on the matter, even if I didn't follow your advice. I really did take your advice into consideration, but this decision is coming quite a bit from the heart, and less from the head, as is so often the case with me and my car trading.

Tomster
  • Options
    Well, it might just be a case of the Good Lord looking out for me, but the used car appraiser would not come CLOSE to the $9500 that my salesman thought I might get on trade-in, so I walked away. The guy was only going to allow me $8000. No way I can take that for my Cobalt.

I'm not terribly disappointed, because I still have a really nice little car to drive. I'll hang onto that Cobalt for a while and be thankful that I have such a good car to drive.

Thanks, folks.

Tom
  • Options
    It took me a while to get used to the idea that I was not going to get anything like $9500 for my Cobalt, but the local dealer where my son bought his Yaris (not the dealer mentioned in my earlier post where I thought I was going to get $9500) offered me $8500 after some haggling, and I took that offer. I paid $145 over invoice on the Yaris, since it was a dealer trade. They did not have my color, Flint Mica, so they had to do a dealer trade. I would have insisted on invoice if the car I wanted had been on their lot. I took delivery of the Yaris on Monday, April 13, 2009, exactly four weeks to the day after helping my son get his Yaris.

I LOVE THAT YARIS! What a cool little car! It is tons of fun to drive, and I really do think it will do fantastic on gas mileage. It showing that I have used only 3/8 of a tank to go 200 miles. I know that is not accurate, but the indications are that I will get some really nice mileage.

Tom
  • Options
    micwebmicweb Member Posts: 1,617
    Congratulations, you should be very happy with your new Yaris if you "hold" it for a long time. I actually went the other direction (with an intervening step or two) from a Yaris to a Cobalt. But the Yaris I let go didn't have ABS and side curtain air bags like the current model, which is a big difference; the Cobalt I have now has both those important safety features, plus OnStar and XM radio, both of which are nice. I DID look at a '09 Yaris before getting the Cobalt; I test drove the stick, which was fine (perky, quiet) but the automatic had a lot of engine roar that was absent from both the Corolla we used to drive out to the lot where the Yaris was situated and from the Cobalt I eventually got. The Yaris auto cruised quietly, though. (BTW the Yaris I owned and the one I was shopping for were both liftbacks.)

So I balanced size (a little larger), quieter interior (automatics in both) against reputation and reliability. Given where GM is today, I'm not sure I wouldn't have leaned towards the Yaris, but it's a close call. Since my mom's 2004 Cavalier just dropped the mirror (not the housing, just the mirror) on the right hand side, and since the car wash just took off the shark fin XM antenna on my '09 Cobalt, I am a little wistful for that Toyota reputation at this point, but the die is cast - in the current economy neither of us should be changing out cars that frequently any more. I'll report back in the Cobalt forum if I have any future glitches.

BTW there was a crash test by IIHS.org - Yaris vs. Camry, Fit vs. Accord, Smart vs. Benz. They crashed the tiny car into the midsized car. A lot of people think the small cars didn't do well, but I think they did great - both cars were moving 40 mph which is, I suppose, like hitting the deformable barrier at 80 mph. I am surprised the cars held up as well as they did. As you probably know, in the regular IIHS test the Yaris is Good from IIHS, their top rating.

I drove the Yaris back and forth from San Francisco to LA, and with the addition of the inexpensive, easy (or cheap) to install rear sway bar, found the handling tops. You can get it from Toyota through their TRD division (Toyota Racing Designs).
  • Options
    Thanks, Mic. I hope you have real good luck with that Cobalt. I sure had no complaints with mine, except that I should have gotten the LT with all the power stuff and cruise control.

I expect to realize about 38 to 40 MPG with the Yaris, and I feel that the reliability factor is in favor of the Toyota vehicle when compared with the GM vehicle. I was getting 27 to 28 MPG with the Cobalt.

I didn't know how to factor the state of General Motors in all of this, but I feel "safer" owning a Toyota product.

I hope GM survives. I hope all of the Big Three survive. I'm nearly 60 years old, and I remember the glory days of the Big Three and the Muscle Car Era. The Big Three have been there my whole life, and it just wouldn't seem right without them. I am still grieving for Oldsmobile, my dad's favorite brand.

Tom
  • Options
    kneisl1kneisl1 Member Posts: 1,694
    As a long time ECHO owner I have just joined the Yaris club. Its a black base auto Yaris. After driving an ECHO the Yaris seems a little bit big I guess I will get used to it.
  • Options
    firebreather1firebreather1 Member Posts: 1
    i've gotton invoice minus 1000 rebate from all mpls dealers except walser (terrible one price policy there), and even under invoice when i've insisted. nikholm at burnsville toyota will refund dealer holdback giving $260 under invoice plus rebate on any model toyota car, not just yaris. i still dont know who to trust, had bad experience at walser. plus i have to decide whether to accept 14.9% 5 year financing because of a bankruptcy. they claim i can pay off loan early to save interest, but contract doesn't mention this, just says "no penalty for early payment". i dont want to pay 7000 in interest.
  • Options
    "No penalty for early payment" means you can pay off the loan early and save the remaining interest due.

What was your bad experience at Walser? I have dealt with them in the past (in particular with one of their most experienced reps, a "Master" sales rep) and always had a good experience, at least as far as the treatment I received from the people there. It appears from your comments that the "no haggle" kind of dealership is not for you. Walser is very up front about the fact that is how they do business, and in fact they highlight their "no haggle" policy in their ads. I guess they figure some folks like not having to negotiate, and know they will get the same price as anyone else who buys the same car from the dealership. If not, there are other Toyota dealers who will negotiate, as you have found.

Since you have to pay such a high interest rate, have you considered getting a lower-cost used car for now, to re-establish your credit and minimize your interest payments? Lots of good used cars out there now for around $8-10k.
  • Options
    redbeard0206redbeard0206 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone heard more on the issue of peeling paint?

I took my red 08 to dealer with same problem ohmygosh describes.
    The are going to repaint but I am concerned that they seem to have no interest in finding cause. How common is peeling paint on yaris?
  • Options
    Wow, that's pretty crazy. Historically, Toyota has had problems with red paint for some reason, but I certainly wouldn't expect it on a modern car. No problems with our 08.
  • Options
    shay2shay2 Member Posts: 9
    I was offered a 2009 Yaris 4 door sedan with power package for 14,265 plus tax etc. Final will come to 15955.o2. Supposedly MSRP or sticker is 16,135.
    What do you think. Someone else offered 14,000 but not sure if they will come through
  • Options
    kneisl1kneisl1 Member Posts: 1,694
    The backlog of unsold Yaris's is huge...like 180 days worth. Its a buyers market if there ever was one. So keep the lines of communitcation with the dealer open even if they reject your offer. They may have no other choice but to accept your offer.
  • Options
    howard_24howard_24 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 yaris here in canada. I have 77635km the check engine light came on and the abs brakes came on after. went to a toyota dealership they said it was a fuel filter or something like that, and it was going to cost me $1100. I didn't belive them so I went to a toyota specailist. He said it was a bad computer chip for the enviromental systems. Wouldn't affect the car in anyway. He said I might lose fuel economy I havn't seen that yet. He told me it would cost $130 to repair. Hell of alot better than 1100. As for the abs light dirty sensor. Get your car checked by a independent toyota specialist.
  • Options
    boy that sucks, and I can belive the "dealer" and the cost they quoted you.

I had a Chrysler T&C that had this dumb computer problem with the ABS, and even though the ABS was OK I couldn't get it past inspection due to the damned light bein g on for the ABS. I gave up and sold the thing AS IS.

I now have one of these Yaris also a 09, that came with the ABS, I would rather just do without them because of another lousy sensor that can go bad but it came with them standard now, no option to not have it. It won't be getting all the milage you have since its just a 2nd ride for the wife to fart around local in, but I hope I don't see this on this one.

It is under warranty for 3 years though, so we'll see, if yours is a 07, wouldn't it still be under warranty?
  • Options
    on another note,

I don't much trust these dealers anymore than some local joe, with these things built to last, who knows what they will stoop to to generate business, I mean a good mech could always monkey around with something that would cause a failure hours or days after an oil change.

And there would be pretty much no way to know unless you were involved in some under cover investigation show.

I had something along that line the last time I had my 05 corolla state inspected, I failed because of a Windshield wiper, it had a small tear on the very end of one lousy wiper, and the tear wasn't Visible to me before I took it in, but again I had no way of being 100%.positive either.
  • Options
    scott0217scott0217 Member Posts: 4
    SHORT VERSION:

On May 31st 2009 at Sandy Spring Toyota in Atlanta, I paid a total of $11,666 for a 2009 4-door sedan with auto tranny (MSRP 13,765) that also had the $1,500 power package, the $110 integrated front fog lamps, the groovy $169 Yaris floor mats, and $230 (aftermarket) keyless entry, the $599 tag, title and doc fees, $750 destination charges, and yes the $699 Toyo Interior/exterior Protection Package (grrrr! but because of the "loss leader" advertised price of $11,888 for the vehicle, I could not get them to come off of it) and finally $836 in sales tax, for a total "drive out the door" total of $13,800 comprised of:

11,666 car, including all options and destination charges
    599 tag title and document fees
    699 Toyo plus protection package
    836 sales tax
    13,800 TOTAL

Of course I did not get to choose a color at this price (it has a Flint Mica exterior with charcoal fabric upgraded interior) but I couldn't care much less--I feel that since I got them to throw in the aftermarket keyless entry and also got them to come $222 off the advertised price from 11,888 to 11,666 that I got a very good deal on a new Yaris. Did I? You tell me. It was waaaay below retail and even way below invoice, but not sure if I could have paid even less.

here is the total MSRP for my model:

13,765 Base 4-door Automatic
    1,500 Power package (door locks, windows, cruise, etc)
    230 Remote keyless entry
    169 Carpet floor mats
    110 Integrated front fog lamps
    699 Toya Plus Protection package (ding removal, fabric stain removal, etc)
    750 Destination charge
    599 Tag, title, documentation
    836 Sales tax

$18,658 TOTAL

so i figured maybe a driveout price of $13,800 was better than average. Maybe not!

Depending on the feedback here, I will tell you the LOOOOONG VERSION of the purchase experience if you demand to hear it. All I will say is that if you are not willing to walk away, you cannot get the best price on a car. Period. Should I have walked away more than I did or was this a rock-bottom price?

I know I got it way below invoice, but I also know that: 1) even the Edmunds TMV price is $500 BELOW the invoice price, and 2) the invoice price on a car is not really the invoice price at all when you consider the rebates, the holdbacks, and other dealer incentives that I don't have a mommy-freaking clue about.

FYI, the $1,000 dealer rebate that ended June 1 on the 09 Yaris was of course retained by the dealer.

So far, I am very happy. I rented a Yaris a few weeks ago and LOVED it. Decided to see if I could get one at a low enough price to make buying a new car cost-effective for my budget (I often buy used vehicles). I think after a week that I can still feel good about the purchase price, but you tell me. Thanks for any feedback--any and all is welcome.
  • Options
    Scott:

Congrats on a great deal on a great car! I also have a flint mica 09 Yaris base sedan with the power package, factory remote keyless, the nice Yaris floor mats, and the bumper protection thing. The MSRP on my car, including destination, was $16,514.00. I did not get anywhere near the deal that you did.

I would love the hear the "long version" of your purchase story.

Tom
  • Options
    scott0217scott0217 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, Tom, I think it was a good deal, too, but after reading somewhere on this thread that there is currently a 6 month backlog of 09 Yari (is that plural for Yaris?) on Toyota dealer lots, I wondered how long mine was on the lot, so I checked the manufacturer info on the driver door of my car. It is dated 09/08, which tells me it was made in Japan last September. Let's say it got on a slow boat in October and got to the States in December, and then took a couple weeks to get to Atlanta from Seattle, right? that would mean it potentially sat on the dealer lot since January of this year, and I believe that Toyota Corp is like most manufacturers and gives their dealers a 120 day interest free loan when they sell them the cars . . .but then the interest kicks in on Day 121 if the car is unsold. So I figure come April or May this car started costing my dealer money, and by Memorial Day weekend they put it in the paper at $11,888 to clear it off the lot and off the books. My sedan was the last Yaris Sedan they had. I assume they will receive no more until the 2010s arrive.

I know the economy is rough, but you would think this little baby Camry would be jumping off the lot with the great gas mileage and the comfort and features at this price point. What gives?
  • Options
    Well, Scott, whatever the reasons might have been, they sure gave you a fantastic deal.

I have now had my Yaris for over two months, and I have put a little over 4K miles on it. I am truly enjoying that car, and my overall MPG since the day I bought it is 37.94. I have logged every tank of gas since the dealer filled the car for me the day that I bought it, April 13, 2009. My best tank was on a trip to Illinois last weekend, when I got 43.55 MPG going up there. The return trip MPG was 42.22.

I don't do all the things those folks who go to extremes to get the very best MPG do, like coasting with the engine off and shutting off the engine at long traffic lights, but I do drive with gas mileage in mind.

Tom
  • Options
    tom581021tom581021 Member Posts: 1
    My red 2007 Toyota Yaris hatchback has paint peeling off the bumper. I had the bumper re-painted by Toyota six months ago and it has happened again in an even worse way. Is there a solution to this problem besides "Le Bra" to cover it up?
  • Options
    renenwetetrenenwetet Member Posts: 3
    If your Yaris smells really bad when running the AC, its because Toyota did not put in a cabin air filter nor a mesh screen behind the intake vents to prevent the leaves from entering. If you want you can call this number:1-800-331-4331 and add your compliant to case # 0906126566. This seems to be a problem with all the yaris's and they will do nothing about it until they get enough complaints.

Or you can continue to pay over $70.00 bucks every time to have your Yaris's AC vents and the back up of leaves (which is causing the smell) flushed every year for the life of the car
  • Options
    boris13boris13 Member Posts: 80
    My '07 Yaris smells just fine. Never an odor problem, and I've got 40,000 miles on it.

In fact, I haven't had a SINGLE problem with it. Everything works as it did when it was brand new.

BEST car I've ever owned.

Oh yeah, I get 33 mpg city and 42 mpg highway... it's a hatchback, manual 5-speed.
  • Options
    When can we expect to see the 2010 Yaris on the market? Soon, I would guess. Between the 3 Memphis dealers, they only have 1 new 2009 Yaris left in stock. They ran low about the time the "Cash for Clunkers" program started. How many Yarii could Toyota have sold if they had had any inventory? All 3 dealers stocks are extremely low on all models. Wolfchase has 95, Performance has 40, and Chuck Hutton has 104. Wolfchase used to have 4 times as much inventory as Chuck Hutton, but Chuck Hutton has really come on strong since moving to their new location on I-55.