Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Navigation system

colemanbcolemanb Member Posts: 1
edited May 2016 in Chevrolet
The navigation screen on my Tahoe says that it is trying to read the map disc though the map disc is in place. The screen will not change, will not turn off when the car is running, won't respond to any side button commands or touch screen. I can not open the system screen to pull the in place disc because the sceeen is not responding. Does anyone know how to get the screen to release so I can pull the disc?

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Some people might suggest pulling a fuse or disconnecting the battery for a few minutes but I'm a bit leery of such advice as it might affect other systems in your truck. I'd say you have no choice here but go to the dealer or a high-end audio shop. After almost 10 years, it could be just wear and tear. I'd consult your mechanic before attempting a battery disconnect but I have heard that this can re-boot the system on occasion.

Maybe if you can locate the fuse for the NAV and disconnect that, that's worth a try as it won't affect your car's PCM.