Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently tried to purchase a new vehicle after being out of the market for a while and found that prices were much higher than you expected? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 1/20 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Trash Bags Come Standard - 2016 Kia Optima Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,110
edited May 2016 in Kia
Trash Bags Come Standard - 2016 Kia Optima Long-Term Road Test

There's poorly hidden sound-deadening material in our 2016 Kia Optima. It's not a big thing, but doesn't help burnish the brand's hard-fought recent reputation for style and pizazz.

Read the full story here

Comments

• I wonder how other cars handle this.
  • My girlfriend's 2011 Sonata also has this in the exact same location. It does look cheap when your first see it but after a while you forget it's there. But small things like this are still what separates an Accord or Camry from a Sonata or Optima.
  • 5vzfe5vzfe Posts: 161
    This would bug me if I saw it too, but $27,545 is only a few hundred more than the most expensive "compact" cars, in fact, the Long-Term Civic was $27,335 according to the blog. With this in mind, is the cheesy sound deadening too much of a deterrent for this car?
  • agent0090agent0090 Posts: 26
    Well, at least it's there. We have two Hondas and a Toyota, and all three could use a little sound deadening material. If it works and it doesn't seem like it's going to fall apart, I could overlook it.
  • erniejoelerniejoel Posts: 1
    That is strange. I just checked my 2015 Kia Koup and it have a black plastic cover in that area. Makes me wonder if it was a slip during assembly or if Kia eliminate the covers to save $.
  • charltoncharlton Posts: 21
    erniejoel said:

That is strange. I just checked my 2015 Kia Koup and it have a black plastic cover in that area. Makes me wonder if it was a slip during assembly or if Kia eliminate the covers to save $.

LOL! I noticed it too on my car after reading this. doesn't bother me, though. I think Kia cut corners here if Koup has it. Maybe there're after-mkt covers available.

-BC