Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Front End Play

suburbanredsuburbanred Posts: 3
edited May 2016 in Dodge
I replaced the upper control arm on a rear wheel drive Magnum. If you grab the tie at 9 oclock and 3 oclock
there is play side to side. Should I replace the lower control arms or sway bar link? steering wheel still has some shimmy at high speeds. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 20,225
    First of all you shouldn't be driving at "high speeds" until the cause is determined!

It sounds like you need to have a professional take a look and replace what is worn out rather than guess and throw expensive parts at it. I would avoid the chain stores.
  • Thank you for your insight and valuable information
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Side to side play is more likely tie rod wear or loose wheel bearings so that's where I'd focus my attention.
  • Thank you Shiftright. I'll have a helper tomorrow manipulate the wheel while I look for any movement