Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2016 428i Gran Coupe - Lease vs Buy

frzgfrzgfrzgfrzg Posts: 4
edited July 2016 in BMW
I'm indifferent on if I buy or lease, just looking for the best deal. If I buy, I might just trade it in or sell it after 3 years to begin with. I should drive about 18.8 miles each way, 5 days a week for 52 weeks which is just under 10k in miles. To be safe, I got a quote for 12k miles.

My credit is at or near 800 last I checked, so that piece shouldn't be an issue.

MSRP= $55,950
Selling Price = $51,212
MF = .00158 (3.792%)
Residual= $34,129 (61%)
36/12k lease
Approx 4k down - $613/month (post tax)

Where do I have the most room to discuss? MF is high and not sure if there is much room in the selling price, but will work on both. If the lease #'s don't make sense, would this make more sense to purchase? They have tried offering 2.99% apr.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 119,930
    frzgfrzg said:

I'm indifferent on if I buy or lease, just looking for the best deal. If I buy, I might just trade it in or sell it after 3 years to begin with. I should drive about 18.8 miles each way, 5 days a week for 52 weeks which is just under 10k in miles. To be safe, I got a quote for 12k miles.

My credit is at or near 800 last I checked, so that piece shouldn't be an issue.

MSRP= $55,950
    Selling Price = $51,212
    MF = .00158 (3.792%)
    Residual= $34,129 (61%)
    36/12k lease
    Approx 4k down - $613/month (post tax)

Where do I have the most room to discuss? MF is high and not sure if there is much room in the selling price, but will work on both. If the lease #'s don't make sense, would this make more sense to purchase? They have tried offering 2.99% apr.

.00138 MF and 61% residual.
    The selling price looks good, but the MF is marked up.

If you are sure you will sell in three years, then I would go ahead and lease.

But, if you buy, 2.99% is cheaper financing. You'd avoid the $925 acquisition fee, and there is a $1000 incentive on purchases that isn't available for leasing.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• saratogastevesaratogasteve San Jose, CaPosts: 179
    have you checked your local credit union for car loan rates? last year I financed a new Highlander at 1.49% through a credit union. All the paper work from the bank is electronically sent to the dealer - was incredibly easy. The dealer still had me sit and listen to their finance guy do his after market sales pitch which I hate.