Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Why is my lease payoff more than my residual plus remaining payments?

harpua728harpua728 Posts: 23
edited June 2016 in Acura
My RDX lease expires next month and the residual is about $23,500. However, the current payoff amount is close to $26,000. I have one payment of $410 left so the payoff is about $2k more than I expected. Is this because of sales tax being added to the residual if I were to purchase it?

My KBB trade in value is about $25,500. Is there any way for me to get equity out of the car?

It has less than 20,000 miles after a 3 year lease so I thought I could get something.

Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 148,174
    harpua728 said:

My RDX lease expires next month and the residual is about $23,500. However, the current payoff amount is close to $26,000. I have one payment of $410 left so the payoff is about $2k more than I expected. Is this because of sales tax being added to the residual if I were to purchase it?

My KBB trade in value is about $25,500. Is there any way for me to get equity out of the car?

It has less than 20,000 miles after a 3 year lease so I thought I could get something.

Thanks.

If you called for your payoff, then yes, it most likely includes sales tax.

Dealers get a different number, and an Acura dealer may get an even better number.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator