Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Need help, Cavalier no start

jwill80jwill80 Member Posts: 1
edited June 2016 in Chevrolet
What can I try to find out what is wrong with my 2005 Chevy cavalier it want make s sound

Answers

• Options
    93tracker5spd93tracker5spd Member Posts: 194
    Hello! First, I assume you have already done the basic: clean both battery cables and posts and retighten. You have checked the battery to make sure it is fully charged. Now, does anything else work, dash indicator lights with key on, radio, dome light, head/tail lights, brake lights, etc., etc. There are many circuits involved with these other items, but when the engine isn't running, they all draw their power from the same source; the battery. If any of these other systems work, and the starter worked fine until it didn't, then check and clean your initial static ground; that is the ground cable from the battery to the frame, be sure the connection to the frame is clean and tight, look for one or more ground straps; (wide woven copper straps), connecting the frame to the chassis, they also must be clean and tight. If this is does not solve the problem will need much more information. Good luck.