Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda CR-V Buying guidance

bronco2016bronco2016 Member Posts: 6
edited July 2016 in Honda
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum, but I've been frequenting this site recently as I'm interested in buying a Honda CR-V.

First, I'm contemplating on which trim should I go for? I like the "safety" features of the Touring model (lane-keep, auto braking). I don't care much for the leather seats, Navigation which come along with it. But the price tag is steep with the Touring.
If I let go of the "safety" features of Touring, is it recommended to go for EX instead of the EX-L?
Any opinions on which one would be a better buy.

Lastly, any idea on when Honda releases their CR-V models every year? Should I wait and see if the safety package will be applied to the EX models in 2017 model?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I'd wait (but I always do). And I'm older so I want all the safety stuff. Some of the safety stuff migrates down the trim lines every year, especially since I'm not the only person out there who wants the safety nannies.

My guess is that the 2017s will be arriving in October.

I don't know enough about the trims to make suggestions on the EX vs the EX-L. Anyone?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    I think the EX-L and Touring are pricey for what you get. I like the EX, because you get alloys and a moonroof, and it's quite a bit less.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Thank you @stever and @kyfdx for your inputs. I will try to hold out until October, but if I find a good deal on 2016's I might go for one.
    If I wait till the 2017's rollout, will I be paying the MSRP amount or can we still haggle for a lower price on these new vehicles on the lot
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    TMV at rollout is typically closer to MSRP. But car sales are cooling so you may be able to find a dealer willing to work with you a bit.

In my somewhat limited experience, unless you are buying a "hot" car, the price different between last year's model and the current model is rarely a lot of money. If you pay an extra $1,000, that's around $17 extra a month for 5 years.
  • Options
    osbornk1947osbornk1947 Member Posts: 9
    kyfdx said:

I think the EX-L and Touring are pricey for what you get. I like the EX, because you get alloys and a moonroof, and it's quite a bit less.

You also get a lot less. The EX-L has several things over the EX. You get automatic temperature control, satellite radio, roof rails, leather seats and some other things the EX doesn't have.

• Options

kyfdx said:

You also get a lot less. The EX-L has several things over the EX. You get automatic temperature control, satellite radio, roof rails, leather seats and some other things the EX doesn't have.

Thanks osbornk1947 for the advice
  • Options
    osbornk1947osbornk1947 Member Posts: 9

kyfdx said:

Thanks osbornk1947 for the advice
    Look here http://shop.honda.com/images/2016/cr-v/downloads/2016-cr-v-specifications-highlights.pdf