Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

End of 550 lease...Want to get a 2017 X5 50i. Advise? Comments?

rlsummers3rlsummers3 Member Posts: 21
edited July 2016 in BMW
Currently in a 2014 550i that I customized to the tune of $89K. Planned on purchasing although due to a few "mistakes" (e.g. No shadow line trim as ordered) which completely changed the look. So blindly leased for $1138 mo.! Been great car although I admit I am uneducated to the terminology used here ( How MF plays in? Why residual matters? Optional terms? )
Test drove a RRS SC autobiography ($105K, which worked out to $1,663 mo. 36 mo. $4K drive off! YIKES! Since I have moved to Colorado from So.Cal. I think I want a 17' X5 50i. Need to order as most options I want aren't avail. in stock anywhere! Please tell me I can do better then Rovers numbers? Would greatly appreciate all advise, ideas, and comments.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    platinum903platinum903 Member Posts: 25
    I mean this in the best way possible, but you really need to educate yourself a lot. I have a $115k+ M5 and my lease payment is the same as you are paying for your 550i. The residuals, MFs and incentives matter a lot!
  • Options
    That's what I was attempting to do. Or atleast learn how to go about my next lease.
  • Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited July 2016

Currently in a 2014 550i that I customized to the tune of $89K. Planned on purchasing although due to a few "mistakes" (e.g. No shadow line trim as ordered) which completely changed the look. So blindly leased for $1138 mo.! Been great car although I admit I am uneducated to the terminology used here ( How MF plays in? Why residual matters? Optional terms? )
    Test drove a RRS SC autobiography ($105K, which worked out to $1,663 mo. 36 mo. $4K drive off! YIKES! Since I have moved to Colorado from So.Cal. I think I want a 17' X5 50i. Need to order as most options I want aren't avail. in stock anywhere! Please tell me I can do better then Rovers numbers? Would greatly appreciate all advise, ideas, and comments.

@rlsummers3

The X-5m and the 50i are special Suv's in my eyes. Both fast as hell, very quiet inside the cabin , The handling was superb, Fit and finish top notch but I was not dropping over 100k to buy. Drove both the X-5m and 50i model before buying my model X-5 30i model which was a lot @75k. The 50i would be a excellent choice. . The M model is overpriced and all that H/P is not needed in this truck. Again Rave reviews by me on this new X-5 model its BMW's best one yet and my 3rd one.

I almost bought the 2016 SQ5 but here in NYC area the roads are terrible and the suspension on the SQ5 is to firm for a daily driver vehicle.

My buddy has a 16 RRS with all the toys inside. The RRS and the X-5 are my top I and 2 Favorite Suv's right now. You cant go wrong with either except over paying for the RRS if you lease it.

Ordering a 2017 50i model if your lucky maybe you could bargain down 7 to 10% of the MSRP. If you wait a few more months you may do better on pricing on the 2017 model. You wont find many on dealers lots right now.

If you buy the 50i post on my home page your review on this SUV.

Good luck

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited July 2016
    Another point with buying the X5 50i . MPG are 15/21 @445 h/p. When you get on this X5 hard in the city you can expect 10 mpg .

I'm sure @platinum903 could comment on his MPG. what's your pro's / cons on your X5m?

I get 13 to 15 mpg with my @429 h/p R-spec Genesis sedan when I drive it hard. Zero to 60 in ....... 4.9 sec.

The X5m is 567 H/P 0-60 in............. 4 sec............. That speed almost as fast as the top Cayman

Porsche's turbo 4.8L v-8 is 520 H/P ................. does 0-60...........4.2 sec . Go test drive this model its fabulous.

The Turbo S.........= 570 H/P 0-60............................3.8 sec.

Porsche leasing is also nowhere near as good as BMW

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    :) thanks brian125
    Funny you mention the Turbo S, it's what my dad drives... He LOVES IT! In his early 70's and it's the first non GM car he's owned. I get overwhelmed with ALL the buttons and knobs n switches in "cockpit."