Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Difficulty starting

jfarnumjfarnum Posts: 4
edited July 2016 in Cadillac
I just purchased a used 2007 CTS. So far every time we've filled the car with gas (only 3 times) it won't start. It takes at a minimum of 3 attempts and each attempt is last for a while. It just turns over and over and sounds like it is not getting any gas. Then it finally kicks in.

This only happens when we put gas in it. Otherwise it fires up first time every time.

Could it be filling up with vapors that the engine needs to purge somehow prior to actual fuel getting through?

Comments

• thecardoc3thecardoc3 Posts: 4,995
    jfarnum said:

Could it be filling up with vapors that the engine needs to purge somehow prior to actual fuel getting through?

Well, yes. This is a common symptom that can be caused by the purge valve sticking open. Are there any trouble codes setting for the evaporative system such as purge when not commanded, or evaporative small leak?

• jfarnumjfarnum Posts: 4
    Yes, I forgot the Code # but it led me to purchase a Purge Valve and a Vapor Canister Vent Solenoid. The only issue is I can't seem to find where the Vapor Canister Solenoid goes.

I presume it goes in the Canister but where is this located?
  • jfarnumjfarnum Posts: 4
    The code was 0496