Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Can I can purchase someone's end of lease car?

bellaclaribellaclari Posts: 1
edited July 2016 in Nissan
My boyfriend just started leasing a 2016 Rogue. I really like the car and I though of buying once his lease is done. The value of the car at the end of the contract would be $14,500, is this something that cane be done? and I can I trade in my car as down payment. Thank you in advance to all that answer.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 128,420

My boyfriend just started leasing a 2016 Rogue. I really like the car and I though of buying once his lease is done. The value of the car at the end of the contract would be $14,500, is this something that cane be done? and I can I trade in my car as down payment. Thank you in advance to all that answer.

To sell the car to you at lease end, he will first have to buy it and pay sales tax, then sell it to you and you'll have to pay sales tax again. The bank will not take your car in trade, and may not finance you, either.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator