Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I got a leased car yesterday, but something is not right, help!!

dtruxaldtruxal Member Posts: 1
edited July 2016 in Toyota
Got a 2016 Carolla LE got the price down to 16,661($18,500MSRP), put 6,000 down. Interest was quoted at 18% (wife is new to the country, no credit.) $1100 in sales tax, $299 doc fee, $299 for window tint.

It should be roughly a $170 over 36 months, with $12,000 left.

Signed for $257 a month for 36 month, with $12,000 left.

Something doesn't add up, either he changed the price of the car in the lease, or gave a higher interest rate, or pocketed some of the down payment. I cant say for sure which yet, I dont have a copy of the lease because they needed a paystub and proof of residency before finalizing it.

I am going back in today to see what went wrong, but I have already signed the initial agreements. Any advice on what I should say or do?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,268
    dtruxal said:

Got a 2016 Carolla LE got the price down to 16,661($18,500MSRP), put 6,000 down. Interest was quoted at 18% (wife is new to the country, no credit.) $1100 in sales tax, $299 doc fee, $299 for window tint.

It should be roughly a $170 over 36 months, with $12,000 left.

Signed for $257 a month for 36 month, with $12,000 left.

Something doesn't add up, either he changed the price of the car in the lease, or gave a higher interest rate, or pocketed some of the down payment. I cant say for sure which yet, I dont have a copy of the lease because they needed a paystub and proof of residency before finalizing it.

I am going back in today to see what went wrong, but I have already signed the initial agreements. Any advice on what I should say or do?

Did you give them any money?

Are you sure it's a lease, and not a purchase?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator