Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Nissan Lease Lease Question (I have never leased before!)

londonzachlondonzach Posts: 5
edited August 2016 in Nissan
I'm interested in leasing a new Nissan Leaf. I found a deal that seems really great, but I'm not sure if there are any catches. Here is the e-mail (condensed) I received from the Nissan dealership rep:

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me this evening regarding your future Leaf lease. I have included a breakdown below for the $99.00 per month special we have advertised this month.

2016 Nissan Leaf
MSRP: $32,100
Nissan Dealership Discount: $4,825
Rebate: $11,625

This is a 2 year, 12,000 miles per year lease special based on approval of credit. For this exact special does not require a down payment, however the $99.00 a month does not include tax, registration fees or doc fees which would be added to the cost of the vehicle. Please let me know what you think or if I can answer any additional questions.

SO, my question is, this seems really, really low for a 2-year lease. She mentioned a rebate- does that mean I pay more per month then have to send in for a rebate? Also, do I still get a tax credit for the green car if I lease instead of straight buy? I realize that I have to put down about $1,100 in doc fees etc.
Thanks for any advice!!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 116,368

I'm interested in leasing a new Nissan Leaf. I found a deal that seems really great, but I'm not sure if there are any catches. Here is the e-mail (condensed) I received from the Nissan dealership rep:

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me this evening regarding your future Leaf lease. I have included a breakdown below for the $99.00 per month special we have advertised this month.

2016 Nissan Leaf
    MSRP: $32,100
    Nissan Dealership Discount: $4,825
    Rebate: $11,625

This is a 2 year, 12,000 miles per year lease special based on approval of credit. For this exact special does not require a down payment, however the $99.00 a month does not include tax, registration fees or doc fees which would be added to the cost of the vehicle. Please let me know what you think or if I can answer any additional questions.

SO, my question is, this seems really, really low for a 2-year lease. She mentioned a rebate- does that mean I pay more per month then have to send in for a rebate? Also, do I still get a tax credit for the green car if I lease instead of straight buy? I realize that I have to put down about $1,100 in doc fees etc.
    Thanks for any advice!!

No.. the rebate is deducted before the calculations start.

One way to cut to the chase:
    "Hi, thanks for your reply. I live here in Farmville. Can you give me a monthly payment with all costs/taxes added, that results in me only paying the first payment at lease signing/delivery?"

Then see what they come back with.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator