Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2007 4runner with 135,000 miles

sbbrown1sbbrown1 Member Posts: 1
edited August 2016 in Toyota
Traveling this summer in my 2007 Sport 4wd 4runner with 135,000 miles, stopped for regular 5,000 mile service, I saw a 2008 sport 4wd 4runner with 14,000 miles and traded on the spot. Probably paid too much and didn't get enough for mine, but I love my 4runner and don't like the new ones, and don't want any other car. The 2008 was kept as a summer home vacation car for some rich person. It is pristine. What do you think? I pulled a travel trailer for maybe 40,000 miles, and maybe 70,000 or more of these miles are road miles as opposed to town miles, but I don't know how much any of these things weigh in the balance. I have taken immaculate care of my 4runner. The only thing I would say is that it smells like dog, but any car I drive is going to smell like lab pretty quickly.

Answers

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Well with those low miles you'll probably want to do some fluid flushes, check the condition of your tires (for checking, cracking) and the date on your battery (more than 5 years old, toss it). Sounds like it'll give you years of good service but it needs a good lookover with so few miles on it.