Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 Toyota Venza gas consumption

646toton1646toton1 Posts: 1
edited May 2017 in Toyota
A year ago I bought a 2013 toyota venza v6 limited AWD with 18,000 miles.This car runs great but, recently I start to noted that I was only getting around 210 miles per tank( 210m/14.7g=14.2mpg) My tires pressure are 32 I just changed my air filter but still getting low mpg. This car has a fuel consumption apps, I never had used it. The app shows the best fuel consumption was 20.8 mpg in 11/25/2013. I had noted that when a reset my computer average
MPG to zero it will get up to 30 mpg in the short trip highway but when I get back to the city is start
to slowly go down as much to 14 mpg and even If I go back to the highway I'm lucky if I can get 20 mpg,
the only way to raise it up again is resetting it back to zero, doing this I was able to create a better
fuel consumption to 21.8 mpg in 9/17/20169 (no A/C, very careful aceleration) Any suggestions do I have a bad computer? I will appreciate anything that help me with this issue. I actualy have 25,503 miles

Comments

• compmancompman Posts: 23
    I have a 2010 Venza v6 FWD. I was getting around 16mpg until I inflated my tires up to about 38psi. A little stiffer ride, but over time I was able to get the overall mileage up to around 18+. Just don't overinflate (40+), because your tires will wear down faster, causing you to have to buy new tires quicker lol. I started a new job that has me taking the highway for a majority of the commute, and my mileage has crept up to 19.1mpg.