Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Fuel Economy Update - Is August Over Already? - 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2016 in Jeep
imageFuel Economy Update - Is August Over Already? - 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Long-Term Road Test

Here is the latest fuel economy update on our 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk. The Jeep continues to fall below EPA estimates.

Read the full story here

Comments

• I still can't comprehend how a small vehicle like that can get 22 MPG. I get that its boxy, but its still pretty darn small and not a very large engine either.
  • Could there be something 'off' with this car compared to other Renegade Trailhawks? Any chance Edmunds could borrow another one for a short period of time to compare? Shouldn't they look into why it is performing so poorly?
  • Maybe they could actually go to the dealer and make sure the vehicle has all software updates. I suspect they don't have the latest update for the 9 speed. It may make a difference.
  • I agree with the previous comments - why has this not been looked at? And as such a generally unsatisfactory vehicle, what on earth has possessed Edmunds to pick this car to keep for an extended stay? Jesus - pick the Miata, the BMW, the Civic...to keep for longer...rather than this POS.
  • its two points off on average and they are based in bumper to bumper California I don't think it is cause for that much alarm.
  • Yeesh, worse than my 2.4L Patriot with A/T tires. Guess I'll be going Crosstrek