Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2015 Honda Accord Scheduled Maintenance

chaiyachaiya Posts: 14
edited September 2016 in Honda
In August 2015, I purchased a brand new Honda Accord LX. I did not use the car very much last year and I never was able to take advantage of the "free" 1,000 service mile check up. Actually, I brought the car to the dealer during this past June for the 1,000 mile check up but at that time, I only had 200 miles on the car so they advised me that it was not necessary to perform the service work. Recently my work commute has changed and I have been driving on average approximately 50 miles per day. I now have 1200 miles on my car. When I check the oil life gauge it says that I have 80% oil life left. The question I have now is what type of service work should I have performed on the car now or should I wait until the service minder pops up on the dashboard? Any help you can provide on this question will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 133,485
    chaiya said:

In August 2015, I purchased a brand new Honda Accord LX. I did not use the car very much last year and I never was able to take advantage of the "free" 1,000 service mile check up. Actually, I brought the car to the dealer during this past June for the 1,000 mile check up but at that time, I only had 200 miles on the car so they advised me that it was not necessary to perform the service work. Recently my work commute has changed and I have been driving on average approximately 50 miles per day. I now have 1200 miles on my car. When I check the oil life gauge it says that I have 80% oil life left. The question I have now is what type of service work should I have performed on the car now or should I wait until the service minder pops up on the dashboard? Any help you can provide on this question will be greatly appreciated!

As long as you check your oil and fluid level regularly (along with tire pressures), there is no need for service at 1000 miles. I'd just wait for your first oil change.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• OK, thank you so much for the response!!