Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

transmission

spanky66spanky66 Posts: 1
edited October 2016 in Dodge
My 2008 Dakota Quad cab v6 automatic while backing up a small or large incline, empty or loaded fells like bouncing or how wheel hop feels like. Does this all the time. I was told the transmission or rear end could be causing this.

Best Answer

Answers

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,202
    Any other symptoms at other times? And is this happening at one specific location or just anyplace you're reversing up an incline?

Edmunds Moderator

Silver 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback & White 2019 Nissan Rogue S

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    I was thinking that since this happens when reversing up an incline, the truck is losing traction in the rear (less weight) and so any loose mounting condition would be aggravated.
  • jaybo99jaybo99 Victoria texasPosts: 1
    I have a problem with my 99 dodge ram1500 5.2 liter 2 wheel drive manual transmission. I was making  a u-turn when my transmission got stuck in 1 st gear. I try putting it in any gear but it feels like a wall id's blocking me. As long as I don't let off clutch it won't try to go. Anyone know what's wrong with it that can help me?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Does your clutch pedal feel suddenly looser, or easier to push down?