Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

overdrive light remains on

mv98odmv98od Member Posts: 3
edited November 2016 in Mercury
can not turn off (overdrive off light) tried pushing the button on the shift lever no response need help have no electrical diagram from od button to transmission HELP

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited November 2016
    You need to scan the system to see what's up. You may no longer be in overdrive for a reason. Also check your fuse box just in case. Fuse or switch if you're lucky.

You may be able to score a free wiring diagram HERE
  • mv98odmv98od Member Posts: 3
    this van has served me well ,i have scanned ,took it apart , checked all fuses relays ,with out wiring diagram for that switch i am having a little problem
    Can't recall---is that button on the end of your shift lever?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited November 2016
    That's where it was on my '99 Quest but the 1998 was the first generation van. Not sure about it.

Hmmm...wonder how you test that...maybe by accessing the harness from a cover under the steering post?
  • mv98odmv98od Member Posts: 3
    THANKS STEVER THATS WHAT THE 1998 LEVER ON/OFF LOOKS ; PUSH PUSH PUSH NOTHING HAPPEN LOL
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Try the Villager/Quest Yahoo Group - one post there indicates that your switch may be grounding out.