Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Removable Hard Top?

impalatomimpalatom Posts: 2
edited December 2016 in Chevrolet
I begin this by saying I am waiting for pictures,.

A friend recently came across a stash of old Chevy's belonging to an elderly man. There is a claim that this gentleman has a RARE car. A 1960 Impala Convertible with a removable hardtop. While I think the top would be incredibly heavy, even if fiberglass - I was curious if anyone on here has ever heard of such a thing. I'll know more if and when I get the picture, but just thought I'd throw this out there. I've had 60's Impala's from the time I could drive, and have not seen nor heard about this option until recently - thank you

Comments

• steverstever Posts: 52,462
    edited December 2016
    Here's an example of a 1964 Impala with removable top. Sounds like it was a dealer option, not factory. Never heard of it either.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Probably some aftermarket product. If the seller doesn't have documentation of a factory option, then it's bar stool talk.

• Awesome, thanks. He says he has pictures, so we'll see if there's any documentation to go with it.