Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Extended warranty for Honda accord sport

rajesh9rajesh9 Member Posts: 11
edited December 2016 in Honda
I am almost closed on deal on honda accord sport 2017 model and it is well under my budget , now i just wanted to know whether i should buy extended warranty for 7 years and also what is the best price i should look for .

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,068
    In my experience, you buy a Honda for reliability and low ownership cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I'd wait and shop extended warranties when it gets closer to the factory warranty running out. A lot can happen in five years - some idiot may T-bone your car, for example.
  • rajesh9rajesh9 Member Posts: 11
    @stever : Thanks for input but will that be cheaper while buying near the end of warranty or buying at the time of purchase . many people told me that it will be costlier later so not sure and also i see that in seattle dealers are charging almost 2K for 7years warranty.

what are the other sources where i can check the extended warranty prices other than dealership
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Try an online search. Here's one for example.

It would be a good idea to call them and get a quote and discuss the pros and cons and whether it'll cost more if you wait.