Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

PLEASE HELP - Wheel alignment!

chaiyachaiya Member Posts: 14
edited December 2016 in Honda
I hope everyone is having a fantastic holiday weekend!

I'm hoping the car experts can help me with this question! The service guy at the dealer's is telling me that I need to get a wheel alignment on my 2015 Honda Accord LX that only has 5,500 miles on it. Does this sound normal or do you think that he is trying to rip me off? I don't understand how basically a new car needs a wheel alignment already. Have you ever heard of anything like this? Please advise me when you get a chance. Thanks in advance for all your help!!!

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    chaiya said:

I hope everyone is having a fantastic holiday weekend!

I'm hoping the car experts can help me with this question! The service guy at the dealer's is telling me that I need to get a wheel alignment on my 2015 Honda Accord LX that only has 5,500 miles on it. Does this sound normal or do you think that he is trying to rip me off? I don't understand how basically a new car needs a wheel alignment already. Have you ever heard of anything like this? Please advise me when you get a chance. Thanks in advance for all your help!!!

Why did he suggest it? Did you have a complaint about steering?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728
    Uneven tire wear?
    vibration?

Sounds like they are trying to make some money on you...
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited December 2016
    Alignment has quantitative evidence. If he hasn't put your car on the machine and given you a print out of your car's present specs vs. factory specs, then he has no idea if you need an alignment or not.

If he has shown you a print out from the machine along with showing you deviation from factory spec, then it's legit.

Yes, a new car can need an alignment if you smack a pothole or other obstruction hard enough or if the car wasn't delivered with the right specifications from the pre-delivery check at the dealership (also quite possible).

Here Are Your Car's Specification (not for 18" tires however)

4-wheel alignment is recommended.