Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Need different headrest for HR-V driver's seat

jeannenatjeannenat Member Posts: 1
edited December 2016 in Honda
Would like to buy an HR-V but I have a bad neck and can't tolerate the headrest. If I could replace the headrest with one that doesn't push my head forward, I'd buy the HR-V tomorrow. Honda absolutely will not give me any information on replacing the headrest or even headrest measurements. I've called corporate, talked to their disability dept, been to at least 6 Honda dealers and spent hours online. Ive also talked to companies that sell autos to people with disabilities and they can't help. I also can't turn my head so I like Honda's blind spot monitor and back up camera system.
Went to a salvage yard and buying just the HR-V headrest is close to $300. Thought I could use it to compare other headrests and find one that fits. Been at this for months and I'm getting nowhere. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Might try an auto upholstery shop and see if they can "rebuild" a headrest. Probably have liability concerns though.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Some headrests are reversible. Have you looked into that? If they can be adjusted up and down, that means they probably pull out all the way, and if they pull out, perhaps they can be turned 180 so that the angle is toward the back. I've done this many times on rental cars.