Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Residual and interest rate question

jakabonyjakabony Member Posts: 5
edited January 2017 in Subaru
Hi, I'm looking to lease a 2017 Subaru Forester Premium with Eyesight, All weather and power liftgate. MSRP is about $27,900 here in the Pittsburgh PA area. I would like to factory order it from Subaru, so it has the exact accessories installed that I want. I'm being told by dealers that they cannot guarantee a monthly payment because the residual and interest rate could be different 6-8 weeks from the time it is ordered.

Is this true? How often do residuals and interest rates change? And when they change, how much do they change? Is there a way to estimate a monthly payment on a vehicle that is 6-8 weeks out?

12k mi/year, 36 mo lease.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    jakabony said:

Hi, I'm looking to lease a 2017 Subaru Forester Premium with Eyesight, All weather and power liftgate. MSRP is about $27,900 here in the Pittsburgh PA area. I would like to factory order it from Subaru, so it has the exact accessories installed that I want. I'm being told by dealers that they cannot guarantee a monthly payment because the residual and interest rate could be different 6-8 weeks from the time it is ordered.

Is this true? How often do residuals and interest rates change? And when they change, how much do they change? Is there a way to estimate a monthly payment on a vehicle that is 6-8 weeks out?

12k mi/year, 36 mo lease.

Subaru comes out with new programs monthly. They do not "lock" rates.
    They usually don't change a lot, but there are no guarantees.

I'd find a car on the lot that I want.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator