Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Have you recently used your tax refund (or are you planning on using your tax refund) toward the payment of a new or used vehicle? Or, are you planning on using your tax refund toward any expenses related to your car?
If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by Friday, January 25 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.

Are you the parent of a generation Z child (born in the mid-1990s to the early 2000s)? Do you have differing opinions on the importance of buying a car, what types of vehicles you're interested in, or just how you view cars in general? If so, a reporter would like to speak with you and your child. Please reach out to [email protected] by Friday, January 25 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.

2000 Ford expedition 4.wheel drive - clunking noise

tonyamarietonyamarie Posts: 1
edited February 2017 in Ford
There's a clunking noise on my 2000 Ford Expedition when I'm coming to a stop. Like its trying to catch up with itself What could this be?

Answers

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 63,024
    It could be normal wear and tear but you should have the truck lifted to check for worn u-joints, or excessive play in the differentials. Sometimes worn transmission mounts can cause this as well, or a driveshaft support mount/bearing. So a lift, a flashlight and a pry bar might give you the answer.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Share Your Vehicle Reviews Here