Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Ford Escape 2008 3.L engine with CD4E 4-Automatic, Transmission problem

alejandro70alejandro70 Posts: 2
edited February 2017 in Ford
My Ford Escape 2008 3.0L with a CD4E 4-Automatic Trans. While I was going 70 mph on the highway just decided to lose its gear. I pulled over on the shoulder placed on Park and that is the only gear it will take. I had to get a tow truck to take home. the engine seems to be fine and the scanner did not indicate any problem. Could this be converter, shaft and pump or will I need a new Transmission?

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    edited February 2017
    Actual scanner or just a code reader?

In any event, sudden and complete loss of all gears is not a good sign.

There's no way to speculate here. It needs to be checked out, starting with the basics: check the fluid, if ok, do an external pressure test or at least drop the pan. If there's debris in there, well then you know. A pressure test may show something and a professional scanner might as well.

I suppose if you were the luckiest person in the world, the shift linkage could have fallen apart.
  • I used a code reader and it came out with no code. the oil level was higher then the limit.