Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Car Buying Advice - Out of State Purchase

ikonosiikonosi Posts: 2
edited March 2017 in General
Hi,

How does an Out of state purchase work specially if it is cross country. I understand I will lose the lemon law protection. What else should I be worried about? How does shipping work? Does the dealer arrange for it or do I have to arrange it on my own? How much would that cost typically from east coast to west coast?

Thanks
Ik.

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 119,924
    ikonosi said:

Hi,

How does an Out of state purchase work specially if it is cross country. I understand I will lose the lemon law protection. What else should I be worried about? How does shipping work? Does the dealer arrange for it or do I have to arrange it on my own? How much would that cost typically from east coast to west coast?

Thanks
    Ik.

It would be very rare for a dealer to arrange shipping for you. Is there some reason you can't find the car on the West Coast? I'm not averse to buying out of town, but it's usually a place I can fly to, and drive the car back within the same day.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• I used to live in east coast and checked pricing with a dealer there and it is about $2.5k-3k cheaper. Checking to see if it is a better option to purchase there and have it shipped here.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 119,924
    ikonosi said:

I used to live in east coast and checked pricing with a dealer there and it is about $2.5k-3k cheaper. Checking to see if it is a better option to purchase there and have it shipped here.

Nothing special about the East Coast. Work harder at shopping where you are, and you should be able to match it. Which car is it?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator