Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    lexusmonkeylexusmonkey Member Posts: 25
    Car Man -

How would Acura's Season of Reason apply to residuals and MF for a 2011 MDX w/Technology pkg on a 48 month lease (with 10,000 and 12,000 miles)?

Is the only Loyalty incentive from Acura roll over miles or mileage waiver?

Thanks
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings dan36124. Let's take a look at this deal.

The dealer invoice price of a 2011 Acura MDX with Tech and Entertainment is $45,009. Given the fact that Acura is not currently providing any cash incentives on this model, the selling price of below invoice that you were quoted is outstanding. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Acura's buy rate for this model as well. This offer looks great. If you like the MDX, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Hi 9923476. You never mentioned this vehicle's selling price. This is a very important number to find out when leasing. The selling price lets you know how much the dealer is charging you for the model that you want and helps you to see if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what this MDX's selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi lexusmonkey. You definitely don't want to lease an MDX for 48 months. Acura's special lease program on it is only available for up to 36 months. If you lease for any longer than that, the interest rate that you have to pay will more than double.

Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Acura MDX with Technology and 12,000 miles per year are .00092 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

I don't believe that Acura is currently offering any loyalty promotions on this vehicle, other than the ones that you mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    dan36124dan36124 Member Posts: 27
    thanks very much Car Man! I'm very happy with this dealership. Good people there, especially the internet department. I didn't even have to negotiate this with them. I bought a TL a few months ago and they handed me this MDX deal right off the bat. Either because they're honest people or maybe because they know I know what I'm talking about from the TL sale! :)

Thanks so much for your help. These boards (and you) are invaluable!

-Dan
  • Options
    chriscalchriscal Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    Car man, is this a good deal????

MSRP=$49,015
    Invoice=$45,014
    Included Rear Sensors=they added it upon our request saying it's "$900 retail"
    Included All weather floor mats
    1st month=Free (So all of DEC free)

Drive off fee our OUT OF POCKET=$623.75 only thing included in this figure license, CA registration.
    $601 every month PRETAX.
    $657.38 per/month starting January with tax based upon a 9.25% sales tax in our city in norcal.

3 year out of pocked not including the excess miles roughly $23,619.

I think after perusing this website for 2 weeks we got a good deal. I put all the figures on an excel spreadsheet using the money factor for Nov for a 3 year lease. I checked 2 other dealership and they started getting angry. HAHA.

CAR MAN? What do you think?
  • Options
    acuragirl4acuragirl4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I'm new to the group & have read the previous posts related to the 2011 MDX's but I didn't see any info about the 2011 MDX base or the December buy lease rate money factor. I looked up the residual value after 36 months on Acura's website and it says 59%....(not sure if that is based on a lease of 10000 or 12000 or neither?).

I live in unincorporated St. Louis county, MO. 63129. On Edmonds.com it looks like msrp is 43,440, invoice 39,094, in this area average paid is 39,942 (True Marker Value report)

I currently have an '09 TSX w/6 months left on the lease, but thought I'd try to go back to the MDX (I had a 2002 & 2005 and miss it) since it seems like this is a great time to buy/lease. I am under miles at 24,000 (I leased for 12000/yr). After talking to one of the 2 Acura dealers this evening, he made it sound like they could purchase the car from me & have some money left over to put towards the MDX...don't know whether he's pulling my leg...supposed to go in tomorrow afternoon to 'talk".

Thanks for any help or advice.
    :)
  • Options
    bryman79bryman79 Member Posts: 2
    We live in NJ and got our Acura MDX last month, 3 year lease. We had registration fees in the up front fees. Since it is a lease, we have to get the plates and registration from the dealer. We get a message this week saying that they forgot to charge us for the plates, we owe them an extra $140. Is this possible? If we signed a contract can they charge us an extra fee after the fact? Furthermore, aren't plates included in the registration fee??
  • Options
    riclesbriclesb Member Posts: 1
    Dan36124,

would you mind posting the dealership that you purchased from? Im in ny and my lease is up next month, and am in the market for a new one.

Thanks
  • Options
    uriluril Member Posts: 8
    Dan - please name the dealer and if possilble sales guy.

Looking to close today on identical lease/package.
  • Options
    neonflxneonflx Member Posts: 5
    Need some advice
    My lease is up on a 2008 MDX with Tech Pkg

I can get a 2011 MDX with Tech Pkg with no money down, 36 at 12k per year, 550 per month including tax, is this a good deal or should i haggle some more
    residual is 26, 300, MF .00092
    I'm in WA state
  • Options
    skdatabqskdatabq Member Posts: 3
    What was the total amount you paid for the car? should be on the registration paperwork?
  • Options

payments were

20,484 before tax

22,248 with tax

that was a 36 month lease, i hope that this is what you are asking for and thanks.
  • Options
    bubbakinsbubbakins Member Posts: 1
    Would like to lease a 2011 MDX w/ Tech, 36 mo term, 12K miles.

Looking for current Dec. Honda Financing numbers (money factor, residual) to help in negotiating a lease.

The current "season of reason" national sales event offers 2011 base MDX, 10K miles, 36 mo for $560 mth. 0$ down, 0$ 1st month's payment. $0 due at lease signing (real cost to get car out the door was $208 for doc, tax, transfer/ title fees, etc.)

My local dealer offered this deal to me or with Tech package for $630/mth (6% sales in MI included) but I know he can do better than that.

Help me out Car Man :)

Thanks!
  • Options
    You're very welcome, Dan. I'm glad that you found the forums so helpful in your quest for a new ride :).

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi chriscal. You mentioned this vehicle's MSRP and invoice price, but not its selling price. Are you saying that you got it at invoice. If so, that would be a very good deal. If not, what price is the dealer charging?

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Greetings bubbakins. Here's the information that you're looking for. Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00092 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    achalkachalk Member Posts: 1
    i am in So Cal and looking for the same 36 month 12k 2011 MDX with Tech lease. What was your drive off, price you paid for the vehicle and monthly lease? $550 a month sounds very good. Thanks
  • Options
    I have a 2008 MDX Tech Pkg that instead of turning in I'm trading, no money out of pocket 550 a month (including tax) for a 2011 MDX Tech pkg 12k a year

residual will be 56% about 26300 on the new vehicle.
    I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to finalize paper work will post all the numbers once i have them
  • Options
    dvldvl Member Posts: 1
    Hi - Just curious if this is a good deal:

Trading in early my 2008 MDX tech and entertainment lease

New deal
    2011 MDX Tech with roof rails and all season mats 15K miles/year

$615/month no money down, they are paying first month and all fees - so, basically I'm not giving them anything. However, i know they are getting money from my trade in lease.

It's higher then I wanted to spend - any thoughts?
  • Options
    gwichsadigwichsadi Member Posts: 7
    Hello - Well i've finally found my dealers end game after 2 weekends of haggling. Here's my deal:

2011 Acura MDX w/Tech Package

MSRP: $47,115
    Sale Price: $43,900
    Invoice Price: $43,286 (sold for $614 above invoice)
    MF: .00092
    Residual: 56%

MONTHLY PAYMENT - $584.27

Out of Pocket:
    First Payment: $584.27
    Aquis. Fee: $595
    Reg: $160
    Doc Fee: $179
    Cashdown Tax: $56.04

TOTAL OUT OF POCKET: $1,574.31

So should I give up the fight and cut this deal???? I'm based in Fairfield County Connecticut

Thanks so much in advance and Happy Holidays!

Eric
  • Options
    sandy25sandy25 Member Posts: 65
    I got quotes from 4 dealers in Fairfield Cty area and they were all within a few dollars/month from the quote you received. I did better in Bedford Hills, NY, if that's convenient for you
  • Options
    lexusmonkeylexusmonkey Member Posts: 25
    Car Man

How long as Honda Finance required this $595 Acquisition Fee? Our last two leases of Acura's did not include it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up! seems I'm finding the same thing. Do you mind me asking how much better you did per month? Obv using all of the other items as constants.
    Thanks
    Eric
  • Options
    sandy25sandy25 Member Posts: 65
    Each deal was a bit different in terms of more/less money up front and higher/lower monthly payments so to equalize I added the total of the monthly payments to the up-front money and came up with a total "36-month cost" for each deal. Saved about $1000 over 3 years. If you want, ask for Robert Finkelstien, the salesman, and tell him Sam suggested you call. I just leased an MDX and RDX from him.
  • Options
    Great suggestion! I didn't get this reply until after I already called and spoke with someone else there. But in the end, I got the 2011 Tech MDX for $43,600. So he gave me $300 more off. Thats about $10/month. Not big but something. The real benefit came in that he agreed to pay my last 2 payments on my other car which came out to $740. So all-in i ended up about the same - $1040 over 3 years.

Thanks again
    E
  • Options
    blcklabblcklab Member Posts: 7
    I have quoted a price of $40,650, which is about $400 over factory invoice. With December deal of 56% residual and .00092 MF, my payment would be $536/month including tax of 9.75% here. 12K miles/year.

It is zero down zero drive so license & reg is in that as well as first payment. That's how they do "35 payments." It's really 36 if you look at it like that.

Anyhow, it looks like a good price but then I've read the price paid forum where folks in other parts of the country have done better. What do you think for Southern California?
  • Options
    diya01diya01 Member Posts: 3
    Yesterday, we leased 2011 Acura MDX base model with Sport Running Board and Roof Rack. Here is the leasing details:

* 10,000 miles/year
    * Initial Payment ($475 First Payment + $282 Lic + Reg Fee - $500 AmEx Card) = $257
    * Rest 35 Payments: $475/month
    * Residual Value: $25,876
    * Place: Dallas, TX

dvspatel
  • Options
    shaq11shaq11 Member Posts: 6
    Congratulations
    Great deal.BTW Whats the $500 Amex card for???
  • Options
    diya01diya01 Member Posts: 3
    Acura is running some special for Season for Reason with $500 AmEx Card (Expires 12/24).
  • Options
    Hi lexusmonkey. Acura has required a $595 acquisition fee for years. If you didn't pay one at lease signing on your previous lease, chances are that the dealer rolled it into your vehicle's capitalized cost to bake it into your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi blcklab. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Acura's current buy rate for this model. That's a good thing.

The selling price that you were quoted looks good as well. $400 over invoice is very reasonable for a 2011 MDX.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    nwknwk Member Posts: 2
    Hi gwichsadi,
    I'm shopping around for the 2011 Tech MDX and am also located in the fairfield area. It sounds like you got a good deal. Is that $43,600 out the door with taxes and everything? Did they throw in winter car mats or any accessories? If you don't mind me asking which dealer did you go to. I was hoping to get a really good deal since its the end of the month and end of the year. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    nwknwk Member Posts: 2
    H gwichsadi,

Nevermind. I just saw your earlier posting with the breakdown. You got a really good deal!!
  • Options
    saintalphonzosaintalphonzo Member Posts: 1
    What exactly do you mean by "Residual Value?" Meaning you can deduct that price from the retail of the car after 3 years towards purchase?
  • Options
    khanchikhanchi Member Posts: 1
    Following Lease Offer in MI state
    Acura MDX 2011 Advance
    Initial payment 3000, includes registration, taxes etc
    635/month includes taxes x 35 payments
    12000 miles per year
    36 months
    Is there room to bargain
    thanks
  • Options
    slurislurislurisluri Member Posts: 6
    I am looking at an MDX Tech, 3 years 10K at 620/month or 12K at 635/month. That is with 0 due at signing. They are also taking my pilot lease about 17 months early. Supposed sale price on it is $43,211 that includes dest. My state has 9% tax which is in the payment above as well. Any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Sluri
  • Options
    nunuwwnunuww Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car_Man,

Thanks for the great info here. I am looking at leasing MDX w tech/Ent package. Just got an internet offer per below: ,

6 Speed Automatic with Tech/Ent, MSRP$49,015, INTERNET PRICE$45,183.

Haven't really talk with them, or discuss any lease offers yet. Is this is too good a price, considering this is their 1st offer? i will be seeing them later today, what should I pay attention to and how much should i negotiate on the price, as well as on the monthly payment?

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    nunuwwnunuww Member Posts: 7
    Hi here is the follow-up:

met with the dealer today.
    MDX Tech/Ent,
    MSRP$49,015,
    offered price at $45,183 (= invoice value).
    MF=00082, RV=56%

first month included in selling price = 45819
    base monthly payment = 594
    Tax 9%= 53.47
    Total monthly = 647. 63

sounds like I will be paying 37 months which i will need to clarify w them ($647.63 * 37 = 23962). even if it is 36 months, it is still higher than a straightforward 36 month calculation based on the offered price (647.63 *36 = 23315, vs. 627.83 x 36 = 22,602). maybe that's why they offered 45183?

any advice on this point? why does the dealer include 1st month in the base cap which is used for calculating the monthly?

if the dealer will accept my calculation, would you think can do any better on the offered price of 45183?

thanks
  • Options
    towsonnctowsonnc Member Posts: 9
    does anyone have the jan #'s that came out today... MF and residuals? im curious whether they stayed the same from dec. thanks.
  • Options
    You're very welcome, nunuww. The dealer invoice price of the vehicle that you described is $45,009. That's pretty close to the selling price that you were quoted, so this deal looks pretty attractive to me. I don't think that there's much room left to play with.

Just make sure that the dealer that you're working with uses Acura'c current buy rate of .00145 to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi towsonnc. Acura's January buy rate lease money factor for the 2011 MDX is .00145 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

This vehicle's residual values vary by trim level, term, and mileage allowance. If you provide me with all of these variables I can give you some specific numbers.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    grush82grush82 Member Posts: 1
    Lookin for January Residuals on MDX - Tech, 3 year, 10k and 12k.

Thanks so much for the help.
  • Options
    9900rpm9900rpm Member Posts: 4
    Car_man, I'm looking to lease a 2011 MDX with Tech package, 36 months, 12k miles a year. Can I have all the numbers for that? I should qualify for the super credit tier thing. I am in NJ, if that matters. Thanks!
  • Options
    skdatabqskdatabq Member Posts: 3
    I just discovered the new money factor for the MDX base is .00145 and the Residual Value is 57% at 15K miles per year.
  • Options
    feisarfeisar Member Posts: 15
    Car_man, I'm looking to lease a 2011 MDX with Advance package for 36 months with 15k miles a year.

Could you please provide the residual value and money factor rates for Northern Virginia? And how does one figure out the sales tax for the lease. I believe the sales tax is 5% and unfortunately I'm confused on how it is calculated - it is on the negotiated price of the vehicle?

Cheers and many thanks for your help in the past!
  • Options
    Hi grush82. Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Acura MDX Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hey 9900rpm. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Thanks and good luck.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hello feisar. Acura's January by rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX Advance with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    jaydtwjaydtw Member Posts: 7
    I have not bought a car in 16 years and I am not an assertive type so hate going to dealership and trying to bargain a price. I understand the sales guy need to make a living too but at the same time don't want to get robbed.

I got the following price though email from a local dealer. Let me know if this is a good one or bad. Plan on leasing it this weekend.

2011 Acura MDX Technology and Entertainment Packages (MSRP 49015 / Invoice 45009)
    2K down covers first month plus all the fees.
    $619 a month for 35 months, the price include 6% MI sales Tax
    Option to buy the car at end of the lease for 27948.40

Thanks a million.

Jay
This discussion has been closed.