Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    acura_tlacura_tl Member Posts: 38
    You will get an answer to your question if you compare the residual values of the 2 cars at lease end....

The following is the MSRP and residual values for a 36 month lease (10,000 miles):

Acura TL
    MSRP: $34,440
    Residual: $20,664 (60%)

BMW 328i
    MSRP: $34,450.00
    Residual: $22,048.00 (64%)

This means that the TL depreciates more than a 328i... which is why TL costs more to lease even with a lower MSRP.

You can get more information about the above BMW lease offer at: http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/leaseoffers
  • Options
    hswhsw Member Posts: 26
    CarMan or Sprklr,
    Do you have the latest Lease numbers for the 2008 Acura TL.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    This is what I have:

Money Factor: 0.002

Residual (36 months/10,000 miles):
    Without Nav: 60%
    With Nav: 58%
  • Options
    Leased a 2008 Acura TL with Navigation today for $490.65 per month + tax, No money down except 1st month payment and tag/title.

Here are the details of the lease:
    36 months / 10,000 miles per year

MSRP: 36,940
    SP: 34,429.24 (includes dealer/doc fee)
    Acquisition: $595
    Residual: 58% = 21,425.20
    Money Factor: 0.002
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for, nring. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Acura TL with Navigation and 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 57%, respectively assuming that you qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Hello nring. It's strange that most web sites don't have the invoice pricing for 2008 Acura models yet. I have heard that the dealer invoice price for the 2008 Acura TL with navigation is $35,832. Acura is currently providing a $2,500 dealer cash incentive on leftover 2007 TLs, but it does not have any cash incentives on the 2008 model.

Let's work up a sample lease payment on this car and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Acura TL with navigation that has an MSRP of $38,940 and a selling price of $36,332 ($500 over invoice) through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $510. This assumes that you qualify for Honda Finance's "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    You're very welcome, acura_tl.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi mjk5. the best way to evaluate how good a deal this is is to take a look at this car's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Keep the advertised lease payment in mind, but shop around with a few dealers for the lowest possible selling price on the car that you want and then have them calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. Consumers are usually able to beat manufacturers' advertised lease payments by shopping around.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Thanks for taking the time to share the details of the offer that you received, sportster1. If you end up taking the deal, make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your dealer experience.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Greetings ratboy78. Acura is currently providing $2,500 dealer cash on the 2007 Acura TL and no dealer cash on the 2008 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Congratulations on getting such a good deal on your new TL, cpa3. Thanks for taking the time to share the details with everyone. Make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on the dealer that you got your car from with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi oc2020. I see that you are considering making a $3,000 down payment on this lease. I always advise consumers against making down payments when leasing. Those who make them risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though your monthly payment will be a little higher, you would be better off going with a zero down lease.

The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks very attractive to me. It appears to be below dealer invoice minus the $2,500 dealer cash that Acura is providing on this model. If that is indeed the case, this is an excellent deal. The money factor looks good, too. It is right in line with Honda Finance's buy rate for this car. If you like it, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    oc2020oc2020 Member Posts: 14
    I have decided to purchase the vehicle since the price is really good right now on the 2007 TL's. I agree i didn't want to put down so much on a lease.
  • Options
    frankstreamfrankstream Member Posts: 2
    How did you get such a low money factor 0.002 and a selling price of $2,511 off of the MSRP?
  • Options
    Hi planoman. Consumers who are in areas that have a decent level of competition are usually able to beat manufacturers' advertised lease payments by negotiating a lower selling price than the advertised car's payment is based upon. Having said this, the car that you are interested in has navigation and the one in the advertised lease does not. Shop around with a few dealers for the lowest possible selling price on the TL that you want and then have them calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. If I was in the market for an '08 Acura TL right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 over dealer invoice. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience".

As far as this car's lease program goes, through October 1st Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Acura TL with navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    I completely agree with you, mjk5. The 2007 BMW 328i is a much vehicle to lease than the 2008 Acura TL. The reason is that BMW's lease program is much more attractive than Acura's is right now. Lease payments are essentially made up of two parts, the interest portion and the depreciation portion. BMW is charging less interest and less depreciation on the 3-Series than Acura is on the TL right now.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Acura TL with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 57%, respectively. BMW Financial Services' numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '07 328i are a much more attractive .00140 and 61%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi hsw. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you want a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Through October 1st, Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Acura TL without navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 57%, respectively. I don't know what Acura's new October lease program will be like yet. Please feel free to check back with me later in the week. I should have an opportunity to take a look at it by then.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Congratulations on getting a good deal on your new TL, acura_tl. Thanks for taking the time to help others out and share the details of your deal with everyone. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with everyone. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    I think that you've made a wise decision, oc2020.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    jaybee85jaybee85 Member Posts: 25
    Car_man, or anyone, do you have any experience leasing a used TL - or other Acura? Salesmen in northern NJ tell me that leasing is not available, but AHFC said they would lease used cars.
    Wouldn't lease payments be a lot less on the used car, as the price is lower?
  • Options
    needatlsneedatls Member Posts: 22
    Car_Man or anyone, I'v just started negotiating with Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA for the 2008 TL Type-S. I can really use your wisdom. The claim they are the largest Acura dealer in the world and won't lose me over price.

I'm interested in a 3 year term with 12/k miles a year. I'm coming off a Honda lease (05 Pilot) with 22K miles on it in mid-December. They say they can buy out my lease early, but I know that if they can do that, then they could easilly use that amount and take it right off the amount of the car to start with.

I'm looking get the car at invoice. I don't want to pay a processing fee and don't want to pay for tags (I want to transfer my current tags to the new car).

Their offer is below, and it's a joke. What should I counter with? $500 below invoice? Edmunds says invoice is N/A. Anyone know what it is? You'll also notice that the MSRP they quoted is MORE than listed on Edmunds ($38,225 vs. $38,940). Lease details seem unchanged since September.

I'm in no rush and can wait till December if need be...

Dealer Email:
    We can be more flexible in price with an 07 than an 08. On the Internet we are selling them for: $37,832. This includes freight of $715. MSRP is: $38,940. This is a competitive price. However, if you do find a lower price, we will beat it by $200. These were just released and very popular.

The money factor is .00200 for 3 or 4 years.

These residuals are only good for the 3 year option...

10,000 miles/year=58%

12,000 miles/year=57%

15,000 miles/year=55%

You said that you wanted to calculate it yourself...

Let me know if you have any further questions/concerns. Don't forget that you are also responsible for your taxes, tags and your processing fee.
  • Options
    zezakzezak Member Posts: 3
    Hey guys
    I been having my TL-S since may and it's awessome, Im really happy with it but theres only one thing i got to ask other TL-s owners.... how many miles you make out of a full tank ? cuz i do 187 and not a mile more... :mad:
  • Options
    scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    Lemme guess... city driving?
  • Options
    0.002 is the money factor currently being offered by Honda Lease. You can get it too if you have good credit.

$2511 off of the MSRP - I was able to negotiate this with the dealer by having them compete with another local dealer.
    Could have been able to do a little better than that - but I am happy with this.
  • Options
    zims2730zims2730 Member Posts: 7
    I got mine back in May, TL-S 6 speed manual, I got the car for 36,300, I wrote a check for 1500 (included 1st month, acq. fee, and state fees, VERY SMALL amount went to cap cost reduction), 36 month 15k a year, .00110 MF, and my monthly payments came out to $463 a month, shoot for something like this.
    Brian
  • Options
    Brian, that sounds like an excellent deal. Was this on an 07 at the time, or 08? That money factor is awesome.

I was told by a Honda dealer I've bought many cars from over time that I should wait till December for good deals on this car... does Honda/ Acura tend to do better deals in December? Can anyone add any insight?
  • Options
    highnetworthhighnetworth Member Posts: 1
    what are the current money factors on the tl type s assuming great credit. should i also assume a 57% residual? or perhaps 58% (3yr lease)
  • Options
    gshettygshetty Member Posts: 4
    I just got a lease quote for 08 TL-S from a dealer in Orlando. I have excellent credit score.
    Price - $37,540
    $1000 down
    15,000 mi per yr
    36 mo
    55% residual
    MF .00200
    $598 + tx

Is there room to negotiate more?

Glo
  • Options
    snakeeyes1snakeeyes1 Member Posts: 1
    here is my deal..

34400 msrp
    3300 down
    10K miles
    36/M
    60% residual
    MF .002
    376 with tax
  • Options
    zims2730zims2730 Member Posts: 7
    Back at that time it was months before the 08s came out... I think I got it in May, so obviously an 07. But I couldnt beat that price, find me another car like the TL-S with an MSRP of 40k, and all the options and a monthly payment of 460, and I'd be shocked, I looked at everything before I bought that car... But yes, I did get an excellent deal, I don't think I would be able to do that again.
  • Options
    I just got a 2008 TL type S. MSRP was almost 38,600. It includes splash guards, truck tray, and wheel locks. I was also able to negotiate tinting of windows and delivery on a bedtruck since I leased this car over 100 miles away.

$1000 down (includes 1st month payment,tag,title,dealer fees, acquisition fees, etc)
    36 months 15K miles
    55% residual
    .00200 money factor
    $551 monthly payment

I've shopped 5 dealerships and this was the best offer in Central Florida. I hope this helps
  • Options
    jcb123jcb123 Member Posts: 18
    I am looking at leasing a 2008 Acura TL without navi.MSRP is $34,440 and invoice is $31,740 so there's roughly $2,700 of profit for the dealer as is.
    First deal he offered, strictly based on MSRP was 36 mos/12,000 miles per year with .00200 MF and 59% residual. Monthly payments came out to $559 assuming $1,200 down pay.
    I plan to offer $500 over invoice with $0 down. Due at signing would preseumably be first payment, TTL, maybe a security deposit.
    First is that deal realistic /possible (based on what others are getting)? Could someone calc a monthly payment for me assuiming the deal gets done? This particular dealer also has about 50 TL's on his lot and its nearly end of month, so I am hoping for better than average deal.
    Thanks
  • Options
    you can definitely get a better deal especially because he has so many TL's. I had a dealer tell me he was not to be beat. When I showed him my offer from another dealer, he said it was stupid for any dealership to make such an offer and he would not match it.

I did some calculations:
    $500 over invoice gives you a monthly of $350. Make sure you ask about dealer fees, acquisition fees, and any additional that they do not tell you about. The factors are the same....002 MF, residual...etc.

You can negotiate the selling price. I contacted 5 dealers so they can compete against each other until I got what I wanted.
  • Options
    jcb123jcb123 Member Posts: 18
    Thanks for the help/advice. I hate to question anyone helping me, but your $350 per month payment seems fantastically low. If invoice is $31,740 then $500 over would be $32,240 for 3 years/12,000 using .00200 and 59% residual, I thought I came up with something like $542 vs $350, of course I could be wrong? Are we using all the same terms -- just checking? :confuse:
  • Options
    You;re right ...it was a bit off. I forgot the .002. I got $455.75 w/o taxes. I did it on the spreadsheet. The dealer said the formula is correct. This is also without putting any money down. See if the dealer would throw in extras. I've been offered 1 yr maintenance along with tinting..

Sorry about the mistake
  • Options
    thx707thx707 Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys, does anyone have information about the upcoming lease specials for '08 TL? The one that Acura got right now expiries on the 10/31 (which covers their basic model).
    I am thinking of getting the '08 TL with Nav, 12K/annual, 3K down but as it stands right now my payments are north of $450/month (I was planning to spend no more than $400-$420...)

Let me know.
    Thanks,
    Tony
  • Options
    The new lease offer on Acura.com is slightly better than the previous one - mostly due to a lower MF.

Here are the details for the 2008 Acura TL (no navigation):
    $379 per month, 3299.00 paid at inception. (Plus tag, titles and taxes)

36 months, 10K miles per year.
    MSRP: 34,440.00
    Selling Price: 33,192.80
    Money Factor: 0.00168
    Residual: 59% = 20,319.60

Paid at inception:
    Cap reduction: 2325.00
    First Month payment: 379
    Acq Fees: 595
    Security Deposit: 0
    Total: 3299.00
  • Options
    Hi needatls. The dealer invoice price of a 2008 Acura TL that has an MSRP of $38,940 is $35,832. You're right, the offer that the dealer e-mailed you is not very attractive. If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for $500 over dealer invoice. You can get a good idea of what the market is like for this car right now by visiting the following discussion: "Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience". Once you arrive at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your lease payment using Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor of .00168 (for "Super Preferred" tier customers who pay a security deposit at lease signing).

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi zezak. This particular discussion is for community members to discuss leasing the Acura TL. You will have better luck getting feedback on what sort of gas mileage it gets by visiting one of the following discussions:

"Acura TL Real World MPG"

"2007 Acura TL Type S"

"Acura TL"

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Here's the information that you're looking for, highnetworth. Honda Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2008 Acura TL-S with 15,000 miles per year are .00168 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi Glo. I personally think that you may be able to do better than this on a 2008 TL-S in your area right now. Everything that I hear about the Florida market for new luxury vehicles indicates that things are pretty slow right now. If I was in the market for a 2008 TL-S in your area right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over dealer invoice, which would be around $36,300. Once you arrive at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer that gives it to you calculate your monthly payment using its new November buy rate lease money factor of .00168 (for "Super Preferred" tier customers who pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Congratulations on getting your new TL, gshetty. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi Tony. Acura's lease program for the 2008 TL changed a little for the month of November. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Acura TL with navigation and 12,000 miles per year are now .00168 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Shop around and try to find a dealer who will lease you this car for as low a selling price as possible. If I was personally in the market for one, I would shoot for a price of around $500 over invoice. Once you arrive at a price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer that gives it to you use the aforementioned lease program to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    thx707thx707 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info, Car_man.

-Tony
  • Options
    mikes8mikes8 Member Posts: 3
    I just got an email from a local dealer

2008 TL
    36 months, 10K miles per year, 3299 down plus tax, title, etc.
    Residual value: I'd assume is 59% (20,300).

What do you all think?
  • Options
    bbrown6bbrown6 Member Posts: 1
    Visited the local Acura dealer (San Diego area) yesterday to check out a TL and was informed about a new lease offer. $2k up front, $359/mo for 36 mos. Seems like a great deal, but would prefer the Navi option. Dealer informed me that adding Navi would add about $70/mo to the price of the car...

Doing the math, $70/mo * 36 mos = $2500. Seems odd that the cost to add the Navi system to the lease essentially pays for the option over the life of the lease... considering that the total of payments for the vehicle itself are only $14924 ($12924 + the $2k up front).

Is the dealer trying to pull a fast one on me, or is this normal in a leasing situation?
  • Options
    Car Man... thanks for the advice... I'll keep everyone posted...
  • Options
    bbrown6, The NAV isn't something that residualizes in a lease, so this sounds correct to me. The MSRP price difference between TL $33,725 and TL w/ NAV $36,225 is exactly $2500, so the numbers match up exactly. Only thing I don't know is what the invoice price of the NAV is (Edmunds said N/A for vehicle invoice price)... maybe you can negotiate for that.
  • Options
    cgpubliccgpublic Member Posts: 4
    Car Man,

I am seeking to lease a 2008 TL w/Nav, 36 months, 12K miles in Westchester County, NY. As an existing AHFC leaseholder (expires mid-Dec.) with Tier 1 credit, I am seeking to get as close to invoice as possible. Given the new lease offer, what are your recommendations? Pay the $1999 down or ask for $0 down. What about the tax, tags and other fees?

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    That doesn't make sense. Nav does not residualize very well in a lease, but there is no reason for it to be $0 added to residual value and 100% paid for in the lease when the rest of the car isn't. It does add some extra resale dollars in 3 years, so it adds something to the residual.
    Sounds like the dealer is scamming if they want you to pay for all of it in the lease and not add anything at all to the residual value.
This discussion has been closed.