Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    nringnring Member Posts: 97
    I finally got to the lowest sale price of a 08 acura Tl with Navi with no accesories. The best sale price i got over the internet and confirmed in writing was $31, 975.00 and the MSRP was $36,940.00 Now when i dropped the bomb i wanted to lease for 12Kmiles per year, 36 months with nothing down except TTL i am getting insane lease payments. I mean i did the math long hand myself and the dealer is much higher. Here is what I am working off. Please let me know if I am missing something or miscalculating. How can a delear increase the monthly with the given non variables:

2008 TL with Navi: sale price 31, 975
    MSRP: 36, 940.00
    MF: .00081 (1.95%)
    Residual: 57%
    $595 bank acquistion fee
    total cap cost: 32,570
    31,975 X .57= residual of 21,055.80
    32,570-21,055.80= 11,514.20 depreciation
    divided by 36= 319.84/mo depreciation monthly
    32,570+21,055.80= 53,625.80 x .00081= 43.44 rent fee
    319.84 + 43.44= 363.28 bottom line montly lease payment
    I live in PA that has a 6% sales tax + a 3% auto lease tax= 9% tax
    363.28 x.09= 32.70/mo tax
    319.84 + 43.44 rent + 32.70 tax= 395.98 total payment including tax

That being said...these dealers are coming back with prices like 440-450/mo+. what am i missing? Please help. what strategy can i user here. :surprise:

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• Options
    bschulte11bschulte11 Member Posts: 4
    The $440-$450 / month is in the ballpark....The $2000 dealer incentive, which they included in your internet price can not be combine with the .00081 MF (1.9%), so you need to add the $2000 back to your sale price.

Hope that helps....$440 for this awesome car still isn't bad IMO.
  • Options
    iceman2011iceman2011 Member Posts: 12
    is the 3% auto lease tax standard throughout the US ?
  • Options
    is it unheard of them to honor the internet price even though now i am leasing and work the lease without the 2k added in....i have to be at 400/mo including tax and really dont want to sacrafice the navi.

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• Options
    23109vc23109vc Member Posts: 218
    does anyone have any idea, hints, guesses, predictions, INSIDE INFO...historical info...

when Acura/Honda offers a "special" MF rate they have on the TL....is that usually for a very limited time and then the just quit and go back to the old MF?

when the current deal expires in early Janauary... WHAT will the new "deal" be like?

will it get BETTER or is there a very good chance that they will revert back to the deal.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,383
    The 3% extra lease tax is a Pennsylvania thing...

You can't combine the $2000 incentive with the special lease deal. The dealer gave you a purchase price. He doesn't get the incentive on a lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    dredma1dredma1 Member Posts: 6
    I just purchased a 2008 non-nav TL in the New Orleans area today. I used this website for information on what I should pay and it helped alot, so I will return the favor.

I have to say that I am a very pleased customer from Walker Acura. I went in to the dealership armed with all of the right info. MF, residual percentage, etc...

I walked in and explained what I thought I should pay and soon after we had agreed on a price. At the end of the day here is what I got - I think it was a decent deal:

negotiated price 32770
    they gave me about 2400 for my trade in and I walked away paying nothing for a 36 month, 15000 mile/yr lease. for 400.00/month.

I think this is a decent deal and they may have got me for a couple bucks a month...but when I sat in the vehicle I was a very happy customer - I love my new TL.
  • Options
    I had a question about a qoute i received today.

Cap cost =$39,224 ( includes acq. fee)
    Residual =$21,714
    money factor is .00081

Payment = $544 for 12k/36months

The dealership explained this tax credit part which was confusing.

"Competitive though...might actually be lower
    then what you have been quoted.... reason for that is because I am giving you a tax credit.... to absorb some of your taxes... which Im sure noone else is doing for you:) When we buy off lease vehicles we are able to pass on the TAX SAVINGS of the value of the vehicle we purchase to customer such as you to help reduce the payment on their new lease...so that is exactly what I ma doing for you.... I am EATING some of your taxes to reduce your monthly payment....BUT I only have 1 tax credit left so its kind of a 1st come 1st serve basis"

With that being said i calculated the payment based on his numbers:
    39224 CAP
    38244 MSRP

494.63 Depr payment
    45.40 RENT
    44.54 TAX
    = 584.57
    so it is about $40 off the payment but again the Cap cost is high. i wonder we can get them to offer both ?? Or is the tax thing a B.S
  • Options
    bigdoguesbigdogues Member Posts: 4
    I got a quote for 1300 down 459 x 36 w/ 18k mi and a 20317 buyout on a 08 TL+Nav.
    Does this sound about right or should I keep looking? Is there any flexability in the lease or am I wasting my time looking around?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    bamfbamf Member Posts: 8
    Here is the quote I got today Columbus OH for the 36 mo lease. Look in line?

2008 TL w/Navigation
    15,000 miles per year
    First & Fees due at signing
    $497 (Including Tax)
    Residual=$20,317

Here is #2
    36 months
    15,000 miles per year
    $493 per month (including tax)
    $1,223 due at signing
  • Options
    vegasrphvegasrph Member Posts: 47
    Ok. I think you are assuming you are going to be able to get the $2,000 in addition to the LEASE MF of 0.00081 for 36 months. That is incorrect. You can get the $2,000 ONLY ON A PURCHASE...........and the interest rate (MF) CHANGES on a purchase as well.

You can't have your cake and eat it too, I'm afraid.

The dealer you are working with is assuming you want to "BUY" the car and finance it to OWN it (not lease it). You will have to ADD $2,000 back on to your internet quote of $31,975.00 + $2,000 = $33,975.00 FOR A LEASE PRICE.

After you run the numbers, you should be in the $440-$460/mo including tax.

I just don't want you to think they will honor that price for a LEASE. The error will be corrected and you won't get the PURCHASE incentive of $2,000 on a lease when you get there.

Anyway you look at it, a LEASE is the way to go........just get it before 1/2/08. The Acura lease special is just too good right now to pass up!! Good Luck!!
  • Options
    Your 2 deals look OK. I think you can do a litle better.

Here is what to ASK the dealer for:

What is the CAP COST (selling price of the car)??
    What is the MF (money factor/interest rate)?? SHOULD BE FIXED AT 0.00081
    What FEES are involved??

Try to get your CAP COST right at INVOICE. Maybe +$100 - $200 ONLY.

Then double check the dealer fees, money factor, residual, etc.

You should be able to get your payment down a little, but it's not a bad start.
  • Options
    I ended up doing a SIGN & DRIVE (no money due at signing). See my previous post on my deal.

The $1,000 due at signing covered the first payment + tax + some Cap Reduction.

I decided just to do a SIGN & DRIVE and keep my $1,000.

The TL Type-S is a great value right now on a lease (until 1/2/08)!! Try to get a dealer to go INVOICE..........$35,832 CAP COST and take the deal!!
  • Options
    jimmy805jimmy805 Member Posts: 4
    I wouldn't be suprised if the Type S can be leased with a cap cost of around $33,000 in '08. Sure, this Winter Sales Event is a great deal but Acura must maintain their sales quotas and pad their stats. also, with the introduction of the '09 all-new model, the purchase or lease offers are only going to be sweeter.
  • Options
    Vegasrph, this is what i got for the the 08 tl w/navi in pa? is this good? isee what you mean about the 2000 added back in. what is the real invoice for the 08 tl with navi? i emailed the sales guy back to get the sale price, msrp, residual, and MF and breakdown of the inception to see how it works out. thanks.

"noah, sorry I missed you yesterday.
    The lease payment for the TL with Navigation is $439.75 including tax for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year. The amount due at signing is $1295.
    Please let me know when you want to pick up the car."

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• Options
    Yea i would jump on the $35,832 CAP COST but dealers here are not budging. Did anyone by a TL -S in chicagoland area and could recommened dealers ? Also vega is your residual the purchase price after the 3 years are up ? If so looking at the 04 TL now they are running about 23k-24k so getting the car for 21k would be pretty good i suppose right ? Sorry i am little new to leasing
  • Options
    Vegasrph when you say CAP COST at INVOICE for the TL 08 with Navi what should that number be? are you including ACQUISITION fee of 595 in to that invoice price or not? thanks.

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• Options
    is it typical for dealers to inflate the MSRP price when it comes downto leasing after you negotiate a final sales price. i noticed this happening a lot when i shift from puchase to wanting to lease.....MSRP shoudo be what is on the car sticker and website of the manufacturer no?

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• Options
    nothing down, got 402/mo not including tax (with tax 439.75 as in pa with 9% sales tax) and 1295 due at signing to include first month..so 855.25 due at sigining seems high if you subtract the first month payment no?

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• Options
    bigdoguesbigdogues Member Posts: 4
    That's a pretty good price I think. I am looking for a similar deal with 18K miles. I think that will add another $30 a month. Lucky for me no tax in NH.
  • Options
    this is what I am wondering about.

the deal now is GOOD. BUT the economy is going down the toilet.... not to mention there is a new TL coming in 09..... 6-9 months away from htiting the dealerships? and the 335 and G37 are stealing TL sales.

if they jack the lease and purchase deals back to the levels they were before this deal, then the sales will dry up all together..

which makes me wonder if the deals will just get BETTER the longer we wait.???
  • Options
    jimmy805jimmy805 Member Posts: 4
    '08 TL is in it's 5th year of production. There is no real shortage of Type S's nor demand. $33,500(lowest price I've seen) is a great price for a TL-S and I'm wondering how much lower can it really go as well? One thing for sure is the resale values of the '07's immediately went down another $2,000 because of this kickback. Why buy a '07 with 10-15K miles for $33,500 when you can buy a brand new for the same price. In '08, I assume Acura will provide some better incentives to maintain declining TL sales.
  • Options
    yeah, pa is bad..9% sales tax on lease...good thing the eagles suck as well. LOL

be careful, most dealers try to charge a dispostion fee: Honda does NOT charhe one for the new 08 Accord, but Acura tried to charrge me 400.00 for the tl when you turn the car back in...it is small print but get up and start walking out and they will waive it. there is also a 1500 forgivance for small dings and dents and they charge .20 per mile over the alloted miles...

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• Options
    mike817mike817 Member Posts: 4
    I was at a dealer earlier today and they claimed that their invoice price was $34,400. This seems much higher than what a lot of you are getting? Do you guys think they're lying to me or are the costs just higher now?
  • Options
    this is the BIG question I'm trying to answer before the end of this current least incentive.

part of me things this - what the F*** is Acura going to do when they still have 08s sitting on the lot, and the new/restyled 09s are there. Is anyone going to want the 08s anymore... i mean yes someone will, but sure as hell not at existing pricing.

but at some point - they can only sell them so cheap before they actaully lose money. someone on this board, that is more savvy to the car business, and incentives, with an eye toward the curent auto market, along with taking into account the TL and how it is selling - would be able to say ' given the market conditions, and the trends with auto makers - they would expect the lease deals to

a) get better
    b) maybe lease deals no better but sale pricing on 08s get even sweeter
    c) prices go back to normal b/c Acura will have decided they moved enough TLs while the deal was on.

if it's a or b, I'm ok. If it's C and I don't buy/lease one I'll be pissed.

part of me wants to hold out and wait - thinking I can get an even better deal. part of me wonders if i'll miss the lease deal and be upset.

if they can SELL the TL at 33,500 and be ok - it makes me think there really still is room in there to reduce the price further though. Acura is kicking in $2000. why not kick in a little more. they already give another 3% holdback to the dealer - why not just knock that off the profit and give to customers...or add $3000 cash back...or $4000.

the thing I don't know is this - the MF right now is really low. will Acura keep that in effect or get rid of it. the longer we wait the lower residuals will get on 08s and the less value they will hold and hence the less attractive they become for leasing..

my best guess is that the current lease deal will go away at some point in the near future. 09s will hit the lot, 08s will be less valuable, and will have a reduced future value, further depressing the residual value - so the spread between MSRP and residual will increase - meaning the cost to lease will go UP, because there will be more deprecation to pay for over the life of the lease.

once the car becomes unattractive to lease, they can throw more money at it for purchases, either through reduced interest rates or more cash back.

if you really want to lease, I kind of think now is the time to do it. if you really want to buy, and can hold off, I think the deals will get better. partly I think the deals will get better becaseu the economy is going to get worse. the housing market is dragging everything down and people aren't buying cars. the auto makers are hurting, sales are slwoing, and they are going to have to sweeten things to bring peple to the dealerships. add to the general [non-permissible content removed] ecnomy the fact that the TL is at the end of it's production cycle and is about to be restyled. the G35/G37 is stealing sales, as is the 335 and IS350. In many recent road tests / comaros by mags, the TL loses and gets trashed for being AWD and bing underpowered. i personally think it's a killer car....but the magazines influence buyers and so the TL is not selling like it did. so ultimately, i think the deals will be there for purchases.

leases.....that depends. i kinda think as the TL becomes worth less and less, that hurts the ability to lease it.

anyone else care to chime in on whether this current LEASE deal is gonna be here after new years....or will we get a BETTER deal?
  • Options
    if the question is do I believe the dealer or the people here - easy . the dealer will lie.

I have done deals where a dealer refused my initial offer on a car. told me "we paid more than that for the car so we can't sell it that cheap". then to somehow *prove* that to me, they bring out a sheet of paper they printed off that looked like an invoice...it has some price on it that was higher than what I had offered. as it to "prove" that what was on the paper was true.

i politely said to them that since they paid too much for it, and can't take a loss of several thousand dollars, then they should sell it to someone willing to pay the higher price. i thanked them for their time, told them my offer was final, and walked out. they chased me down in the parking lot and haggled some more...tried to split the difference, I said NO. kept walking... and they the guy said "ok".

get this, once back in the room doing the forms he asked me if I would agree to pay an extra "500" on top of what we/he agreed to so his salesguy could ge a commission. trying to play on my sympathy to undo a deal and gouge me more... NO. they did the deal. despite the "fact" that they have "paid more for the car'". what liars. no way they would have sold me the car for about $5000 LESS than what they claim they paid on it.

so bottom line - they lie.
  • Options
    Anyone know of a legit resource that has the TL w/ nav invoice price? I want to use it to make my point. I checked edmunds but for some reason they still don't have it.
  • Options
    mldrivermldriver Member Posts: 2
    With the killer lease rates on the TL's, thought I'd sit down with the dealer and work out a deal. Standard Acura lease, 10K over 36 mos for $389 w/tax (our tax rate is 8%) on the base model. Well, the 2K down turned into 2.9K down because of the dealer's standard add-on package, etc. To me, that's breaking rule #1 of any car buying episode. Dealers that jack up the drive-off will see me drive-off and not return. I simply lost any desire to waste time with this dealer.

Does anyone know whether Niello in Sacramento or Modesto Acura are dealing? I noticed that the Elk Grove Acura is tossing in 3 years of free service. Nice touch.
  • Options
    there is a lot of talk here about negotiating down the cap cost - to around invoice.
    we all talk about what the MF is....residuals..

once I set foot at the dealer, with the info I have so far, I am VERY well armed to get the right cap cost, verify I am getting the right MF/residuals, etc.

BUT, what FEES should I expect to be on my lease and which ones are the BS fees that the dealer adds in or jacks up from it's "real" level? it's like when you get a mortgage, and there are loan fee, doc fee, transfer fee, you almost wish they called it BS Fee #1, BS Fee #2, etc... you get the idea..

so on my new TL-S lease that I try to do this weekend - what FEES should I expect to be there - ones that the DEALER HAS TO CHARGE and I CAN'T get out of..

and which ones are BS that I can say "no I won't pay that or I walk" and i Know they will give in and take it off.

I know there will be some kind of registration costs or titling fees, but can someone who has recently leased a car put up here what those fees were called and how much they were. so we know.

thanks.
  • Options
    Thanks Vegasrph good insight for me. First lease for me ever.

If anyone has the TL Navi Invoice $ number please let me know.

Also agree that the buyer has a lot of leverage here. They had TLs coming out their ears the other day with consumer confidence at an all time low.
  • Options
    mldrivermldriver Member Posts: 2
    I've just leased a TL today. Only fees were the acquisition fee of $595 which was rolled into the Cap cost. Doc fee (CA is $45). Waived the disposition fee. Otherwise, it was 1st, DMV and tax. Pretty basic. Security deposit only applies if you're a credit risk.

Can't say what you'll find outside of CA. FYI, I was able to get $300 over invoice, no better. Supplies must be going down because this isn't as good as what's been written prior. Doesn't matter really, the money factor is too good to pass up.
  • Options
    The INVOICE for a 2008 Acura TL/Navi is: $33,283 + $715 (dest charge) = $33,998

So, you need to get as close to $33,998 as possible for your CAP COST. Maybe you can get $100-$200 LESS, if the dealer is desperate or over-stocked.

Go to: www.leaseguide.com and work thru the "lease calculator" or "payment calculator" to get a close estimate on your monthly payments.

There is a $595 Acura Bank Fee (Aq Fee) that gets added to a LEASE.
    Plus any dealer fees, title/license fees.

Your monthly payment sounds good, but it's hard to say how the dealer configured the payment without the necessary numbers. These numbers are:
    MSRP of the car: $36,940 (we know that)
    CAP COST for the deal: $33,998 (this would be ideal, but you need to find out)
    Residual Value of the car: $20,686.40 (56% of MSRP 12k mi/yr lease)
    Money Factor (interest rate): 0.00081 (1.95%) Acura Special Lease Rate
    Acura Bank Fee: $595
    Dealer Fees: $XXX.XX ??? (need to find out)
    Title/License Fees: $XXX.XX (need to find out)
    Amount due at signing: $1295.00 (what EXACTLY does this go towards??)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------
    Your BASE payment is $403/mo + $36.75 (tax) = $439.75 total monthly pmt.

If you can find out what the MISSING variables are, we can pin-point any faults in the deal. Just to let you know, the deal sounds pretty good. I think you are in good shape, just try to find out the missing info.
  • Options
    Have you tried emailing dealers in your area & out of your area?? It makes sense nowadays to email as many dealers as you can, get all kinds of lease quotes, then narrow them down.

After you find "the best one" take it to your local dealer, present it NICELY, and just see what happens. You will be in much better bargaining position with a "pending deal" from a competitor. Most dealers I worked with wanted to SEE THE EMAIL/DEAL before they would just take my word for it.........no problem, I can understand that.

If you are unsure about dealers out of your area, just call Acura OR use their website to find dealers in another STATE/CITY/COUNTY and get their dealership name to contact them. Sometimes a short 2-3 hour drive can save you $$$ on your car!!

Right now, I would be VERY FIRM with an INVOICE price (or $100-$200 over) on ANY 2008 ACURA TL.

To find out a Residual Value, it is easy to do..........you just need to have the proper (%) to multiply by. It will vary depending on miles/year + lease term.
    Example: 2008 Acura TL Type-S MSRP $38,940.00
    Residual Value for 36 month LEASE with 10,000 mi/yr = 56% ($21,806)
    for 12,000 mi/yr = 55% ($21,417) and for 15,000 mi/yr = 53% ($20,638)

These Residual Values are SET IN STONE by Honda/Acura Financial. They cannot be changed by the dealer. This is what the car can be purchased for at your lease termination (LEV=Lease End Value).

The 2008 Acura TL BASE (No Navi) is 59% for 10,000 mi/yr X 36 mo LEASE.
    The 2008 Acura TL/Navi is 57% for 10,000 mi/yr X 36 mo LEASE.
    Just try a "google search" for 2008 Acura Invoice. You will find it at Yahoo cars.
    INVOICE for a 2008 Acura TL/Navi is : $33,998
  • Options
    Ok. I had a chance to work on the numbers. I think you are sitting pretty with this lease quote. Without all of the info we need, I "assumed" the CAP COST was INVOICE ($33,998) and I came up with $443/mo with 9% sales tax included.

So, based on your price of $439.75/mo including tax..........the dealer is selling the car right at invoice. GOOD JOB!!
  • Options
    I just got an offer with the following fees:

$349 dealer conveyance fee
    $158 Motor vehicle fee
    $159 vehicle I'd etching
    $77.67 upfront taxes
    $628.53 Cap cost reduction

The cap cost reduction seems a little high. The etching seems unnecessary. Not sure what the dealer conveyance fee is supposed to cover.

What do you guys think?
  • Options
    Curious about the destination charge.

These TLs are assembled about 30 min. from Columbus in Marysville OH. Wonder if that is negotiable since really the car was already here.

Do they normally roll this into the Cap cost you mentioned before right around $34K for the 08 Navi.
  • Options
    deal for leasing TWO at once. i have a relative that recently had a car wreck, car is probably gonna get totalled and they are gettting a check. they want to lease a TL.

if both of us walked in and said we will lese TWO... a TL-S and a TL w/nav..

would each of us really get any better deal than had we gone in individually? given they are leasing AT invoice.... could we get them to go lower?
  • Options
    I got them down to $34,300 CAP COST for my TL Navi and after some more haggling got the upgraded floormates for free. I'm reasonably happy with that amount. Couldn't get anything off the destination charge even though they are assembled 20 miles from this dealer Columbus OH.

They started off 'rock bottom' Cap Cost of $34,900 played the game came back with $34,500. Finally I told him the mats and $34,300 and I'd do it. He said he would pay for the mats out of his own pocket, yeah right.

this was the rate-
    Money Factor (interest rate): 0.00081 (1.95%) Acura Special Lease Rate

couldn't knock anything off the
    Acura Bank Fee: $595

$750 was the min I could put down. Tax rate was 6.5% I think.

Payment for 36 month 15K mileage a year was $477.39

I might have gotten them down some more had I kept pushing. Vegas your help was a beautiful thing man. I felt much more confident knowing my numbers.
  • Options
    murtymurty Member Posts: 2
    Basic acura tl......
    $399 mo tax included,12k miles,$1693 down,less 448 to pay off my current lease...nets to $1245 down.
    Can they do this deal or am I going to get an unpleasant surprise when I go there Thursday. This is a NJ dealership.
    Thank you for your help!!
    Steve
  • Options
    njacura29njacura29 Member Posts: 3
    You could probably do a little better.

I shopped around a bunch of dealers all over jersey. Found the best prices at Montclair Acura.

I ended up with the TSX. But for the Basic TL, I was getting quoted $409, 36 month, only $500 out of pocket including all fees, first payment and taxes. I didn't counter or anything, but they would have probably gone lower, especially since the end of the month and year is approaching.
  • Options
    murtymurty Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much
  • Options
    newride76newride76 Member Posts: 22
    Hello everyone,

Luckily, I stumbled upon this website before leasing my next vehicle! I have about 30 days before my current vehicle goes back and have a few cars that I am considering. I have spent the last few weeks researching information and reviewing posts on this forum in hopes of getting better prepared for my dealings with the dealership. Feeling confident with my new found knowledge, I decided to take a stab at the first round of negations on a new TL-S and a TL w/ Navi. These are the figures I received, from two dealerships. Could those with more knowledge than I review them and comment on weather they are acceptable?

2008 Acura TL Type-S (36 month / 12k miles per year)
    MSRP: $38,940
    Cap Cost: $36,332.00
    Money Factor: 0.00081
    Residual: 55%
    Initial Out of Pocket: $1105.29
    Monthly Payment (including Tax); $478.00

2008 Acura TL w/ Navigation (36 month / 12k miles per year)
    MSRP: $36,895
    Cap Cost: (Unsure)
    Money Factor: 0.00081
    Residual: 57%
    Initial Out of Pocket: $794.84
    Monthly Payment (including Tax); $453.68

I am hoping to pull the trigger by the weekend, so any feedback is appreciated!
  • Options
    soylentgreensoylentgreen Member Posts: 62
    What state are you in?

On the TLS, what does your OOP $1105.29 cover?
  • Options
    I am in Florida and the sales tax here is 7%. The OOP expenses include:

1st Month Payment ($478 + $33.62 tax)
    Doc Fee ($369)
    Taxes ($32.17)
    Tag/Title ($192.50)

When I originally reviewed the lease worksheet that I was given, I misread the payment to be $478.00 including tax. :blush: Unfortunately, I didn't see the tax amount until reviewing my numbers again this morning. :cry:
  • Options
    Hello there!! I can give you some insight. I recently leased a 2008 Acura TL-S from a dealer here in Las Vegas. After A LOT of negotiations, the best I could do was invoice on the car. The invoice on the Acura TL-S is $35,832.00 and the invoice on the TL/Navi is $33,998.

So, you have a little work to do. If you go into the dealer at the end of the month, which is fairly near, most likely you can get for invoice OR maybe $100 - $200 UNDER invoice if you tell them you will "walk out" unless they agree to your price.

Watch the "dealer fees", the DOC fee is unavoidable (I had to pay $399) and it is PURE PROFIT to the owner of the dealership.

Shoot for $200 UNDER invoice as your "number" and settle at invoice if they won't go below. IF YOUR DEALER IS OVERSTOCKED.........you might have a fighting chance at $200 or more below invoice. Ask them if there is a particular "color" they would discount more than another color..........sometimes if you are open to color options, that can save you some $$$$.

If they won't budge from their quoted numbers............tell them you are going to need: window tint, or free oil changes, or all-season mats, or something for about $500 for FREE..........seriously, this usually works.........don't be afraid to "add accessories/stuff" into the deal.

Good Luck and let us all know what happens!!!
  • Options
    So based off of the invoice price you have listed as $35,832.00 on the TL-S, I'm currently at $500 over invoice? Looks like I have a little wiggle room still. Out of curiosity, what would $500 translate to as far as payment goes? I'm thinking maybe another $10 or $15 a month?
  • Options
    nj_jerpsnj_jerps Member Posts: 1
    MSRP on my lease agreement (base TL) is listed at $34,440 when it should be $34,395, right? (33,715 + 670). I was so focused on all of the ther charges and making sure that everything else looked ok, I missed that discrepancy. I think that works in my favor in that it increases the res. value but wondering if there's some hidden pitfall???

FYI, I negotiated the price (incl dest charge) to $32,216 which is $555 over invoice (30,991 and 670 dest.). I know I prob could have done better, but this was the only dealer within 50 miles that had the exterior/interior color combination I wanted and he's 2 miles from my home so I'm ok with that.

Good experience at Bill Vince Acura in Bridgewater, NJ. I am comfortable giving the name of the salesman I worked with if anyone wants to email me.
  • Options
    missypalmissypal Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2008 Acura TL base without Nav, was wondering if you think I can do better then the offer below.

$431 per month including tax (7% in NJ) with 0 out of pocket expenses, all fees including MV, Doc Fees, taxes, acuisition fees, cap cost reduction, 1st month payment etc are included in the monthly lease payment. Essentially it is a sign and drive deal at $431 for 36 months with 10k miles per year. Does anyone think I can obtain a lower monthly payment?

The above lease was based on a 59% residual and a money factor of .00081, it was negotiated over the phone and I do not have the exact cap cost from the dealer, (they said they would go over that only if I come in). But said it was a very aggressive offer on their part, before I go an sit down with them I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts or thinks I can get a better offer.

Thanks
  • Options
    Yes, you are correct. $500 over invoice normally is GREAT, but Acura is having some trouble moving their cars and therefore the deals are very good right now. There is nothing wrong with Acura's cars, it is just that Cadillac/BMW/MB/etc have "newer" models out and people aren't going thru the Acura Showrooms as much.

If you could get them down $500 - $700 more on your lease, it would be a STEAL. I was able to get to $35,832.00, so I think you can too. Try going for $35, 500 + Fees and see what the dealer does. It's worth a shot, but try not to go above INVOICE..........let someone else who doesn't know any better pay the higher price.

Your Monthly Payment would come down roughly $15-$20/mo (before tax) if you get them to $35,832.00 (invoice)............a few bucks lower won't change things much, so don't be too "pushy" and make them veto the deal. Just be nice, but very forward and tell them, "sell me the car at invoice or I am not interested, you can make up this deal on the next person.........or you can sit on the car and hope for $500 while I walk out."

Go get 'em!! Good Luck and let us all know what happens!!! Remember, you only have until 1/2/08.........after that these deals go "bye, bye".
This discussion has been closed.