Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    vegasrphvegasrph Member Posts: 47
    Based on your "numbers", I assume you are looking at a BASE TL that has an MSRP of $34,440.00 AND you are interested in a 36 mo LEASE at 10k mi/yr. Is this correct?

If so, your payment sounds pretty good. See if you can find out what the CAP COST is (what the dealer is selling the car to you for)?? This number should be AT/BELOW invoice for the car. I think it is, but I am not sure.

I did a ZERO due at sign lease (just sign & drive), and this is the way to go. I am glad you are looking at this option.

Your payment is $403 + 7% = $431/mo. This is for 35 more months, because your 1st payment is made for you already in the "sign & drive".

To be honest, I think you are golden........but see if you can find out the Cap Cost. You could email/call them back and say I need to be at $425/mo (inc tax) and I will take the car now. Just make sure that number is good for you!
  • Options
    newride76newride76 Member Posts: 22
    Thanks for the insight Vegasrph, it has been most helpful!

I have several dealers that I am talking to at the moment and am getting pricing info from them. One of the dealers who is a bit further away gave me a very good price. However, the smaller local dealer is trying hard to earn my business and has been very easy to work with. I'm curious at what point does one stop the "Well this dealer gave me this price, can you beat it" game? I guess I could continuously go back and forth, until one of the dealers ended up crying uncle?
  • Options
    eelsoxeelsox Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to everyone for all the posts. They were extremely helpful.

I wasn't really in the market for a car, as my 98 Accord EX V6 was running great. When I saw the ad for the TL lease and $359 monthly, that made me look closer.

I'd never leased a car before, but after spending time to crunch the numbers, came up with the absolute rock bottom best possible deal as my goal which would be just under $400 a month including 7.75% tax:

Base MSRP 36,225.00
    holdback [3% MSRP] (1,086.75)
    Invoice 33,283.00
    true cost 32,196.25
    destination charge 715.00
    Final cost 32,911.25
    Current incentive (2,000.00)
    Best price 30,911.25

Since the $2000 is for a purchase, it didn't apply to the lease.

After calling around SoCal, I ended leasing from Mission Viejo Acura for:

Sales price 33,748.00 (250 under invoice)
    Capitalized cost 34,398.73
    Capitalized cost reduction 250.00
    Residual value 21,425.20
    Depreciation 12,973.53
    Residual ratio 0.58
    Rent Charge 2,793.43
    Term 36
    Total monthly payment inc tax 471.91
    Money Factor 0.00139
    Miles per year 10,000

I paid the following upfront instead of rolling in into the loan:
    acquisition fee 595
    cap cost reduction 250
    CA tire fee 8.95
    Registration fees 291
    Doc fee 45
    Misc fee 28

Also, I didn't qualify for the .00018 MF and was all the down at .00196. When I spoke to the F&I guy, we looked over my credit report and he agreed the score wasn't indicative of my payment history. He offered to sell me the Finishing Touch (Scotchguard) and keep the payment the same. He just bumped my interest to the preferred level of .00139.

Overall I'm really happy with the deal. Tustin Acura was also willing to sell at $33500 for a little more down.
  • Options
    I would try to end up at your local/closest dealer. This way, you don't have to fel "weird" taking your car there for service. Sometimes, maybe paying a few dollars more is ok if you really like your local dealer.

Again, try to make it a point that you will take the car IF they agree to your price. Just be ready to do the deal if you get them to that point.

It's perfectly fine (and your right) to "price compare" with different dealers. I don't think anyone will fault you for that. Saving yourself $$$$ is NOT a bad thing!!

Actually, in my whole process, I went a little too far I think. I actually made one dealer mad and I lost the deal there............I had to walk out. Don't get to that point, especially if you really want to buy the car from that dealer.

Shoot for invoice or $100 - $200 +/- and call it a day. This way you win and they earn your business and will treat you with respect when you take your car to them for oil changes/car washes/parts/accessories/etc.

Good Luck and let us know what happens!!
  • Options
    After much debate between the TL and IS250, I ended up signing on the TL-S last night. Ended up going with the Nighthawk Black/Black Leather. It is a beautiful car with a host of gadgets and gizmos that will keep me busy for a while! I'm definitely going to miss my BMW 330ci, but I think the TL-S will serve me well!

Anyhow, after all things considered, I decided to go with the local dealer rather than driving an hour and a half away. here's deal I managed... Thoughts or comments?

MSRP: $38,940.00
    Adj Cap Cost: $36,549.14
    Residual: $21,392.25
    Depreciation: $15156.89
    Rent Charge: $1689.48
    Total Base Payment: $16,846.37
    Number of Payments: 36
    Base Mthly Payment: $467.95
    Base Mthly Tax: $32.76
    Total Monthly Payment: $500.71

Total Out of Pocket: $840 (Includes 1st month Payment and Fees & Taxes)
  • Options
    CONGRATS on your NBP Acura TL-S!! Great choice!!
    You did great on your deal, I am glad you chose the Type-S over the IS250. The Lexus is sooooo small and under powered compared to the Type-S. I am 6'5" and there aren't many cars that I can fit in and feel comfotable in that provide 4 doors and drive with authority............and don't break the bank. The Acura TL-S was the perfect choice for me........mine is Carbon Bronze Pearl with Taupe/Black interior.

Again, you made a great deal..........and a fine choice for your next ride. ENJOY!!

P.S. If you are looking for a simple way to increase HP & MPG, get a drop in K&N air filter from Autoanything.com for $39.00 and free shipping. You will notice the difference right away, the MPG will increase over time...........usually after 1st & 2nd oil changes in new cars.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback Vegasrph, it's nice to get a great vehicle at a great price! I will definitely take a look in to the filter as well. With gas prices the way they are and my lead foot, it will come in handy!

Thanks again!
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi rosen30. Acura's new January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Acura TL without Navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00045 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Hi 23109vc. If you gambled and waited until January to lease your new TL, you didn't lose anything. Acura's lease program for it is basically the same this month as it was in December. The TL's money factor is lower, but its residual values fell as well basically making it a wash. Acura has been hurting lately. Its sales are down and its incentives are way up. I suspect that you should not have much trouble negotiating a selling price that's pretty close to dealer invoice if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition. This is a great time to get an Acura.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    23109vc23109vc Member Posts: 218
    I did wait. i figured the deals will get better or stay the same. given how bad the car market and the economy in general is - I figured the deals would not get WORSE. I just used common sense and figured if they are making the deals THIS sweet, and given that the TL is NOT the hottest selling midside luxury sedan anymore AND with the 09 just around the corner - they can't jack the price up.

imagine someone walking into the dealer in March, and getting told, well we will get ALL NEW, higher hp, SH-AWD TL's in next month, but we have these leftover 08s on the lot that you can buy at full MSRP... oh too bad you dind't buy it around christmas we were giving them away at invoice... yeah right...

i figure the overall "cost" will stay the same or get better. I see the MF got better, but the residual dropped a bit.

what is the residual for a Type S with 10k, 12k or 15k? thanks.

i'm torn between getting the type S or just waiting for an 09. i'm honestly on the fence also between just keeping my current daily driver and picking up a third car as a "toy". i've got a paid off sedan that i use to commute..it works fine. it's paid for. it's got a lot of miles...but it's a an old volvo with 130k and those things run forever. it really well maintained and i COULD easily keep it another 3-4 years and it would run fine. it's just not "Fun" and new like a TL-S would be. i can't trade that car in b/c they offered me so little for it. i could private party my sale and then lease the TL... OR i can just say F the TL, and keep my volvo as my commuter/daily driver/beater and pick up an S2000 as a toy. :)
  • Options
    henryt34henryt34 Member Posts: 6
    I'm looking into leasing an '08 TL w/ Nav. within the next 2-3 weeks. I see that there's lots of good info here on the lease numbers to help anyone get a great deal (msrp, cap cost, money factor.)

But, are any of these numbers affected by one's credit score and credit history? I had an incredibly high credit score and perfect history for many years, until about 6-9 months ago. Unfortunately, my wife and I have gone through a really rough financial hardship where we had fallen behind on many bills including credit cards, mortgage, and current car lease payments. We have since bounced back and gotten current (not on credit cards) but, now have a bad credit history and am sure my score won't look too good either.

Does anyone know how this will affect my negotiating power and the deal I get?
    How will the numbers be affected? What's my best approach? Can I still get a good or decent deal?
  • Options
    your credit score will affect the interest rate/ money factor on either a purchase or lease.

most of the rates quoted here assume tier 1 credit. not sur what the minimum fico cutoff is..710 or something like that.

if you have less than that the rate goes up, not astronomically, but it can go up.

sorry to hear about the recent difficulties. if you are just getting back on your feet, maybe getting a new car isn't such a hot idea. keeping what you have (if it's paid off) or buying something CHEAP might be a wiser choice. not as much fun, but more prudent perhaps. best of luck.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately, the timing isn't great as my wife and I both have leases that are about to expire, so we really don't have much of a choice in replacing our cars soon. It might work in our favor though as we will hopefully be able to get lower payments.

I'm looking into an Acura TL because I'm more likely to get a better deal on that than an Accord or any other large family sedan at this point. Besides, I have always liked the TL anyways, so it kinda works out.

If you or anyone have any better suggestions...PLEASE advise.
  • Options
    you could always just lease ONE car and carpool. when I was first maried, and my wife and I scrimped every cent to buy our house, we had ONE car for a year. it was hard, but we saved money. she was a stay at home mom so it was doable..she dropped me off/picked up at work or i carpooled iwth a coworker and paid their gas.

you will get a good deal on a TL.

deals on it now are very good. if you can wait a month or two the deals may get better.

does anyone here know the current MF and residuals for a TL-S???
  • Options
    neprosineprosi Member Posts: 1
    Acura TL 2008 base model. I got a Lease price from a dealer for $400.00 a month 36 months 12K miles a year all the fees and taxes including all I have to pay is first payment and $110.00 transfer plates. Is this deal real?
  • Options
    Hi 23109vc. Acura's lease program on the 2008 TL is basically the same in January as it was in December. Its money factor is slightly better than it was last month, but this improvement was just to offset the TL's drop in residual values. The net effect is that the lease payments for this car should be almost identical to what they were. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2008 Acura TL with 15,000 miles per year are .00045 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Greetings bigdogues. You never mentioned the selling price of the TL that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi nring. Vehicles' MSRPs are what they are and they should not change, regardless of whether you purchase or lease. On the other hand, vehicles' selling prices are different than their MSRPs. The selling prices of vehicles that you pay cash for or lease are both negotiable. However, Acura is currently providing a special $2,000 dealer cash incentive on the 2008 TL that is not compatible with its special lease program. This means that the selling price that you are able to negotiate on a TL that you are going to pay cash for will likely be around $2,000 less than the selling price of it if you were to lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi mike817. According to the latest information that I have seen, the dealer invoice price of a 2008 Acura TL with navigation is $33,998 including the destination charge. The price that you were told looks a little high to me. Perhaps the dealer that told you it is trying to include some sort of advertising or other charge in it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi 23109vc. Your car's registration and title fees will vary from state to state. They are legitimate and your dealer cannot waive them. In addition to them, Honda Finance charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases that dealers cannot waive. These are really the only fees that I would pay if I was in the market for a TL right now. Shoot for a selling price of around dealer invoice plus them.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hey mike817. You definitely should pass on the etching, unless your insurance company provides you with a discount in your rate that would more than make up for it.

You never mentioned the selling price of the TL that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you a detailed analysis of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi bamf. Acura charges the same destination charge for new TLs sold anywhere in the United States. This charge is not negotiable and it is not lower if you live in close proximity to where your car is produced. For the purpose of calculating lease payments, it is treated as part of your car's MSRP and selling price and it is rolled into your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi 23109vc. Dealer invoice is a very good price for a leased Acura TL. I personally doubt that you will be able to do much better than this by leasing two at the same time. There comes a point where there really isn't much, if any profit left to squeeze out of a deal. Dealers are usually not willing to sell new vehicles at a loss.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi neprosi. I'm sure that this deal is real. Acura is currently advertising a payment of $359 per month with a little over $1,000 down for a base 2008 TL. Advertised lease payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak, so one should be able to do better than this. I would be happy to give you a detailed analysis of the deal that you were quoted if you provide me with its selling price.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    thanks.

do you know the residual values for the TL Type S???

in 2007. tje Type S had a lower residual than the base and base w/nav. has that also changed, so that they ALL dropped accordingly...or did the TL Type S not go down as much as the base????
  • Options
    question - with the money factor being lower, but the residual being lower - the monthly is the same.

from a financial standpoint - does it make more sense to lease b/c of this change..or is it truly a wash?

it would seem that if you put ZERO dollars down, you are technically getting a better deal b/c you are paying evenl ess in interest, but you're paying more depreciation..so in the end...the car is worth 2% less than it *was* goin to be woth had you leased in late december....

so when I turn the car back in, it will be cheaper to buy. so if i want to buy it, it will cost me about $800 less to buy.

i'm getting better at figuring out all this lease stuff, but i'm still no expert.

do I do better at lease turn in/trade/buy time on this "new" deal or not?
  • Options
    here is a question for you pro negotiators...

i like the TL-S. If I got the car, I'd want to get an IPOD adaptor so I could run it via the stereo controls. I'd also want the Aspec body kit. on the White diamond pearl, i think it looks really good.

so here is the big question - the dealers are selling/leasing at invoice. i can get the super low MF. In order to get the best deal on the TL-S ... what about basically sasying, ok i'll lease the car, but i want the body kit and the ipod adaptor at cost.

i know they won't give it to me for free...as they have to buy it....but the price on the acura website that they quote you, plus install is crazy high. i have seen tha stuff online from retailers for half or less of what the dealer wants. i assume the dealer gets it at THAT price or even less then marks it up a bunch.

it doesn't really make sense to pay for extras on a leased car b/c at the end of the lease, you lose the car and that stuff goes wih the car. so at full retail value, i woulnd't want to add it to a leased vehicle.

BUT if they would throw the a sepc body kit in at cost, which i think is like 600 bucks or so, and install it FREE - i'd bel ooking at a more marginal cost for a cosmetic upgrade i really like.

i might talk myself into it if it was dirt cheap.

am i insane for wanting to add an expensive accessory like this to a leased car?

would the dealer go for this or would they say no? anyone?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,435
    am i insane for wanting to add an expensive accessory like this to a leased car?

Maybe not insane... but....

Non-residualized accessories will kill your lease payment.. I wouldn't do it..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    exactly.

the body kit, even at $1000 - which is close to dealer cost, would add about $30/month to my lease payment. kind of a lot when you nit picking lease payments.

but on white diamond pearl...that kit looks SLICK! at least from the rear it does. the front is so so...but the back quarter angle... nice.
  • Options
    cndnbkncndnbkn Member Posts: 76
    I agree with your train of thought. My wife and i just leased in mid decemeber. Our payment would have been $2 per month higher with the january figures, which is pretty much a wash, but we are paying around $20 more per month in interest which means if we wanted to by out the car at the end or trade it in early, etc... we would not have as much equity or possible equity since more of our payment is going to interest(December versus January rates) still not a big deal but I would rather pay as close to zero interest as possible all things else beeing equal, or about equal in this case.
  • Options
    bhziiibhziii Member Posts: 1
    First off...thanks to everyone who takes the time to respond. Here is my scenerio:

Base TL
    MSRP $34,440
    Selling Price $31,999
    Trade in equity $600
    Residual %/amt 56%/$19,286.40
    Money Factor 0.00045
    No money down, no security deposit
    First month payment only
    Monthly payments = $390.76

thoughts...feedback? need to decide tomorrow.

thanks again
  • Options
    Hey everyone!

2008 TL w/ Nav. Here is the ridiculous offer (at least I think) I got today. Some numbers might be missing as this is from memory; the sales mngr took all paperwork as I got up to leave. Also, this is in Florida.

MSRP - $36,940
    Adjusted Cap Cost - $35,700 (yeah right...invoice is $33,998)
    Residual % - 56%
    Money Factor - .00045
    Cap Cost Reduction - 0 ($0 down)
    Due at signing (explained below) - $1,500
    Monthly payment inc. tax - $490

Funny day today. The initial salesman lasted about 15 min. before he had to get his sales mngr involved. I was told that the actual invoice price was not $33,998 but instead $33998 + $795 Dest. charge + $500 Advertising Fee + $200 misc fee = $35,700. Obviously a BIG lie as real Inv. is $33283 + $715 Dest. = $33998. Then said he could not negotiate $500 Advertising fee....Is this true???
    He said money due at signing (of which he said none could be negotiated/waived) included: $500 Dealer Fee + $250 MV + $490 1st pymnt + tax-tag-title = $1500.
    Obviously, not a good deal at all. Too many wrong #s everywhere. Needless to say, I will NEVER go back to that dealer (was treated rudely too) but will shop around to other nearby dealers.

My questions are: Do I have to pay the $500 advertising fee, $500 dealer fee, $250 MV fee and anything above $33998 as invoice??? Please Help!!!
  • Options
    omahabikeromahabiker Member Posts: 4
    Hi everyone,

Thanks to all of the helpful posts on this forum, I think I was able to get a decent deal on a 2008 TL Lease. Just wanted to share the information with everyone in case it helps. I'm located in Omaha, NE

2008 Acura TL
    36 month
    12K/miles per year
    0 Down (first payment ONLY)
    $410/month (5.5% tax included)
  • Options
    smitonsmiton Member Posts: 30
    Carman,

I am looking into leasing a TL-Nav for 3 years/36,000. I was wondering if you have the residual/money factor for this vehicle, if I decide to use the $2000 marketing support. According to the Acura website (and my local dealer), I am not allowed to use acura's special lease rate. Is this correct? Which is a better deal - using or not using the 2K market support? Thanks.
  • Options
    you CAN NOT use the $2k incentive AND lease. you only can use it if you buy.

if you lease, you can buy it at invoice though. best deal I was quoted, with NOT ONE CENT out of pocket was $513/month for a Type S. that figure INCLUDED CA sales tax of 7.75%. so it was a TOTAL/FINAL payment amount and it was a true sign and drive - no money due at signing. Just sign the form and drive way.

i liked the TL Type S except for the torque steer. that really kills the experience for me. hard to get all excited about driving it all sporty when you mash the gas out of a turn and the frickin steering wheel jumps out of your hand.

if you can't feel the torque steer you aren't driving it hard enough.

if the price gets even cheaper I may do it just b/c it is a good deal. otherwise, i'm keeping my current daily driver and going to lease an S2k. the money factor on the S2k is about the same as the TL. great deal and a WAY more fun car.
  • Options
    soylentgreensoylentgreen Member Posts: 62
    Here's one that a dealer in Houston gave me with little resistance on negotiating on the overall price on the car.

TL-S Auto (no 6 speeds available anywhere!!)
    $36,132 (close to or at invoice)
    Residual: 20,638
    MF: .00045
    36mo/12K miles
    Dealer will also pay the last 2 payments of my current TL lease ($950)

2 options
    1) $2500 + 1st mo. payment = $525
    2) 1st payment only = $563

Dealer said the .00045 rate is only good for 36 months. If I want to go to 39/42/48 months, they have to use 5.8% MF. Is this right?

What's the verdict on this deal? With the number of Acura dealers in Houston, I feel that I can get something lower than this.
  • Options
    when I went looking in southern CA, my local dealer offered me the TL-S at 35700.

my offer was in late dec of 07, so the MF was a big higher, but the residual was too...but with the new numbers, you get almost the exact same pricing.

with NO money down. not one cent...just sign the papers and drive off my payment was going to be $513/month for 36mo.

if I put down $3000 the payment would have been $425 or so..give or take a bit..i foget the exact number.

the 513 was an exact number.

they are selling you the car at almost invoice, but not quite.
  • Options
    Thanks, 23109vc.

That's a pretty good deal...how'd you manage to do that sign & drive for $513? Did you get the same terms 36/12K miles? And the $35,700, is that including destination?

The dealer gave me $35,417 + 715 dest. that's how he got that price.
  • Options
    elan1216elan1216 Member Posts: 2
    This is my first lease. I went to an Acura dealer, and the deal that was presented was an Acura TL Base (No navi), $359 payment for 36 mths, 12k miles, $2300 due at signing, that includes first month payment, taxes (nys), bank fee, and dmv fees. is this a good deal, or can i get better?
  • Options
    pres975pres975 Member Posts: 7
    Which dealer in Houston are you dealing with?

I'm from Baton Rouge, LA, and there are only 3 Acura dealers in Louisiana - one of which is terrible, the other two, including the one in my city, are in lower volume, minimal competition areas, and thus, higher prices, and they refuse to go down, probably because they don't get the kickbacks high volume dealers get.

Therefore, I've called dealers in Dallas and Houston. Been working with Gillman Acura in Houston. They seem nice. Anyone have any experience with them?

Numbers wise... I looked at a bunch of prices paid for purchased TLs... the average difference between MSRP and purchase price typically is about 5000. For a lease on a TL, tack on 2000, so 3000 off.

Deal I've been working with them is for 15k mi / yr for 3 years:

MSRP: 34440
    Base Cap Cost: 31395
    Acquisition: 595
    Net Cap Cost: About 32000
    MF: 0.00045
    Residual: 54%
    Going to pay TTL up front

Comes out to around 400 a month I think. Does Acura use the standard lease formula? Where...

Depreciation monthly = (net cap cost - residual)/36
    Finance fee monthly = (net cap cost + residual)xMF
    Tax = (Dep + Fin)x rate

Also, if I do business with them, anything special I should do prior to driving to Houston? Gillman says that they don't put any tint, protection packages, vin teching, etc... on their cars. I wonder if they can fax me over something with definite numbers and a VIN.

And anyone know how out of state leases work for titling and licensing?
  • Options
    I'm dealing with Champion Acura. How much are you paying for TT&L?
  • Options
    They're not sure quite yet because they haven't given me the ins and outs of an out of state lease, but I'm guessing somewhere around 200-300. I'll let you know when it's all finalized.
  • Options
    cfragocfrago Member Posts: 11
    RE; post 1161: The national deal is : base, 359/mo for 36mo (10k per year); 1045 cap cost reduction. I am not sure if the 595 acquistion cost is a cap cost or what, but I think you might do better. I am being told that to go to 12k a year it is about 11 more a month and another 11 a month to go to 15k a year. so, 359 + 22= 381; if the 595 is cap cost, that's another 16 a month or about 397. I would think there might be more to deal from? I am thinking of a Type S and asking for 380 (might go to 400) a month with NO cap cost payment. I figure the TS is not worth 4500 more. Nav alone is not worth 2500 (to me worth maybe 1k when I can buy a great mobile one for 500) and the other upgrades to TS maybe another 1k, mostly for the engine. we'll see,
    Charlie
  • Options
    allroadangerallroadanger Member Posts: 81
    After checking these forums a few wks ago I changed a deal I had from a 08 TL base from $2500 down $400 per month OTT, 12K yr

TO

$1900 down, $387 per month

NOW

I see from above posts that this can be beat even more (1152 bhzii)
    $390.76 with only $600 trade in +$390.67=$990.67
    Which is about $1000 more than the deal I had in place.
    I really want a Type S but can't seem to get there. ANy thoughts?

Smitty
  • Options
    elan1216elan1216 Member Posts: 2
    Now in that price of $1900 down and $387 per month, whats included in the $1900 down inception price (bank fee, tax, etc.)?
  • Options
    pfkpfk Member Posts: 1
    New to this wonderful world of leasing and negotiating!! Got a quote after several hours of back and forth for 08 TL-S - can anyone let me know if these are reasonable numbers?? Supposed to get back to them monday. Is a demo car with 440 miles, they are throwing in the ultra protection package($362) to help offset the mileage accrued.

36 month/10k yr/$700 down includes TTL/$499 month including tax
  • Options
    ajv123ajv123 Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,

How would the Money Factor and Residual Value change for the last post if the mileage was 10k or 12k? And how would it change if you added Nav?

Also, what are the other non-negotiable charges with Acura? (i.e. Acura Bank Fee, Destination Cost, etc)

Basically looking for the numbers specific to Acura so I can run the numbers.

Thank you very much,
    A.J.
  • Options
    lease_billlease_bill Member Posts: 11
    I went with a relative to pick up new Acura from a dealer.

Here's the deal we got:

Vehicle: 2008 Acura TL with Navigation.

Terms: 36 months

Miles: 12K / year

$0 down, NY taxes rolled into payments.

Inception fees - about $1400 (1st month, registration, bank fee).

Monthly payment: $435 (including NY State taxes).

Financing came to 1%, price was slightly below invoice.

How did we do?

Thanks
  • Options
    romo_007romo_007 Member Posts: 17
    Hello Peeps, I just leased an 2008 Acura TL with Nav. Heres what I paid

MSRP- 36940
    Invoice- 34248
    Purchase price- 33248 + 595 (Aquisition Fee)
    Money factor- .00045
    Residual- 55%
    12k miles per year for 36 months
    With all the DMV fee and registration and first months payment drive off = $935
    Monthly Payment 431.48 per month including taxes 8.75%.

What say...how did I do??
  • Options
    What dealer at what location did you lease this at?

Tomorrow I'm set to lease a base no Navi TL with:

MSRP: 34440
    Base Cap Cost: 31500
    Fees: 595 Acquisition + 225 Title and Licensing = 820
    Net Cap Cost: 32320
    15000 Miles / year = 54% residual = 18597.60
    MF = 0.00045
    36 months
    First payment due at signing, no money down other than that

Payment comes out to 440.93 per month with 9% taxes applied to the payment

I know you're doing 12000 vs 15000, but still seems odd considering you're leasing a Navi for 430 vs non Navi for 440.
This discussion has been closed.