Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome Rasky. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi teddybear11. That's an excellent selling price for a base 2012 TSX. Just make sure that the dealer uses Acura's buy rate lease money factor of .00046 to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey teddybear11. As I mentioned, both this car's selling price and money factor look excellent. If you like the car, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    I'm doing very well thanks ajpbf7. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TSX Base with 10,000 miles per year are .00046 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 TSX SE are the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • sai2sai2 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Rasky, is the price final or before all taxes, destination fee n all.

Thanks,
    sai
  • raskyr1raskyr1 Member Posts: 13
    That price was before TTL, but it included the destination. MSRP is $31695 with destination.

Rasky
  • sai2sai2 Member Posts: 3
    Hi raskyr,

I offered $28.5k + title + tax +doc fee for 2012 Acura TSX TECH 4 CYL. Please let me know if this is the good price???

Thanks,
    sai
  • raskyr1raskyr1 Member Posts: 13
    That price is below dealer cost...$31600 seem more realistic IMO, but I'm no expert either. ;)
  • sj_in_key_westsj_in_key_west Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man

My 2007 TSX is coming off lease. I extended due to job layoff the month before lease end in 2010 ( kind of hard to get financed when unemployed! ) After 3 layoffs in 4 years, needless to say my credit score has gone from 720 in 2007 to 560 currently. My 8 years with Acura Financial have been perfect but I'm wondering what I can expect with my current score. My TSX has only 17,000 miles and is in excellent condition. Payoff is $10,600 so I figure I have about $6,000 equity for trade. What kind of money factor do you think I can hope for this time around?

Thanks,
    SJ
  • kapkanimdkapkanimd Member Posts: 136
    Hey Car_man,

Anychance you happen to have the residual for a 24mo lease (TSX 4cyl Tech)?? For any mileage is fine, but 12k if you have it. Thanks!!

Keith
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    edited May 2012
    I would buy off the 2007 TSX for cash (my own or borrowed from a family memeber) and drive it till its wheels fall off or my credit is good again. And no, you do not have $6K equity in your car, $1-2K at best.
  • edcarredcarr Member Posts: 1
    Hi ,

Is the 2012 TSX current promotion leasing deal good?
    $1,999.99 - down payment
    $299./month for 36 months
    10,000 miles a year
    Total monthly payments $10,764.00.
    Option to purchase at lease end $18,233.95.

Thanks!
  • euphony010euphony010 Member Posts: 22
    edited May 2012
    Hi everyone,

Looked at a TSX yesterday and am wondering what I should expect to get if their "lease special" online is listed as this:

MSRP:* $35,010.00
    Lease Acquisition Fee: $595.00
    Capitalized Cost Reduction: $0.00
    Capitalized Cost *: $31,998.00
    Residual Value: $19,955.70
    Security Deposit: $0.00
    Monthly Payment: $341.61
    Lease Term: 36
    Mileage Allowance: 36,000
    Excess Mileage Fee: $0.20

I'm considering going back and asking for the best they could do for 15k/36mo or maybe 15k/24mo. How does this standard offer look though?

Thanks
  • teddybear11teddybear11 Member Posts: 10
    No. The promotion 's from Acura is not a good deal.
    I just my car on May 13, 2012 from Riverside CA Dealer.
    Here is what I got.
    TSX Base 2012 - Graphite Exterior/Ebony Interior
    15K mileages/year 36 month.
    MSRP 30,695
    56 % residual value 17,189.20 buy out
    .00046 money factor (Excellent FICO score).
    Due at signin $1,287.00 included first month.
    Payment $295+ Tax.
    At first I got 695 due at signing and $330+plus tax for 35 payment.I was calling around to get the color I want. I got a better deal.

Good Luck to all.
    edited May 2012
    Seems to be a pretty good deal. I've added 7% tax (yours can be different), above-mentioned Acq Fee of $595, $220 for MV and $285 for doc fee and ended up with $391 per month payment with ALL fees and taxes included into monthly payments. I leased TSX tech sedan (MSRP $33,795) for $400 per month four month ago. You getting a more expensive vagon for less so is seems to be a good deal to me. I assume this deal is NOT from Acura FS. If it is then you should be able to do better.
  • euphony010euphony010 Member Posts: 22
    They came back with $329/mo for 15k/36mo. I get the impression it is an Acura FS deal because they may choose to waive the acq. fee if I qualify for the top credit.

I'm looking into taxes right now.
  • highflyballhighflyball Member Posts: 9
    This is my third Acura TSX Base Model. 36 Month. 15k/Yr. $400 Down. $360/month (includes tax). Steal of a deal I think. No other dealer in the LA area would sniff those numbers.
  • leaseseekerleaseseeker Member Posts: 5
    Hey Car Man.

I am looking for the May numbers (MF, Residual %, incentives etc) on a 36 month lease with 12K miles per year for a 2012 TSX Sportwagon without the Tex Package.

Thanks in advance.
  • 2buyornot2buuy2buyornot2buuy Member Posts: 2
    Hi Guys,

I am being offered the following on the base TSX, it seems too good to be true, is it?

At signing:
    Freight........................................$885
    Acquisition....................................595
    Processing....................................399
    Title and tags.................................62.75
    VA tax.........................................849.33
    TOTAL......................................$2791.08

The $239 first mo payment would also be required at signing.

Then 35 monthly payments of $239/mo for a 10k/year lease.

So basically, $2000 down + tax, tag, title BUT the monthly payment is $239 instead of the advertized $299. Thoughts?
  • jeffwest78jeffwest78 Member Posts: 1
    Hi! I leased a 2010 TSX+Tech for ~$350/mo, 30mos, 30k miles total (forgot what we paid upfront). The car has only 6500 miles on it, so we did not use the miles we paid for and it only has a small scratch on the bumper - otherwise in perfect condition throughout. We are trying to decide what to do. The residual value is $21.9k and CarMax said they would give us only $21k for the car, while dealerships and private parties are selling the same car with 20k miles for $29k.

I'm not sure we would want to buy the car and then try to find a buyer. Clearly, if the dealer takes this car they will turn it fast and make easy money.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
  • suharshsuharsh Member Posts: 33
    Just leased 2012 Acura TSX Base Model. This is my 2nd Acura with MDX (bought) being the 1st one. I spent this long weekend shopping, essentially for the TSX tech package but couldn't get the deals that have been mentioned here.

Here is the deal I got - I think if not rock bottom, it seems to be good one.

1800 Down (includes 1st payment)
    3200 (includes IL 8.25% tax, Tag, license and doc fees)

239 x 35 months for a 10k/ year lease.
    Got some small freebies - $100 for accessories and one free oil change.

Residual is 18k.
  • suharshsuharsh Member Posts: 33
    One of the dealers in Chicago was running similar deal. The standard nationwide deal is the one with $299/month!

I think you can do a little more.

Here is mine ... down payment is 1800 ... yours is 2000.
    For TTL - I paid 3200 ... but note the tax itself is 2475 (let's say 2500). So the TL portion of TTL was only 700, whereas your numbers add upto about 1800.

Good luck and do post here how it went.

I rely on this board heavily whenever I am back in the market. I pay my dues by posting what I got or was offered.
    Hi sj_in_key_west. Sorry to hear about your job issues. I can certainly understand how that would impact your credit score. I don't know off of the top of my head exactly how much of an impact this change in score will affect your vehicle's money factor, but I can look into it for you. I suspect that someone with a 560 credit score would have to pay a money factor that's around .00050 higher than the ones for the top tier, but again I'll have to ask around to find out for certain.

Acura's current buy rate lease money factor for the 2012 TSX is .00046 for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    edited May 2012
    Here you go Keith. Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 TSX 4-cylinder Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00046 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey SergeyM. That is excellent advice. If my credit score had suffered I would probably be inclined to continue driving my current vehicle until I got my finances in order rather than getting something new.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi edcarr. Savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to negotiate lower selling prices than the ones that are used to calculate manufacturers' official advertised payments.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for leaseseeker. Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TSX Sportwagon with 12,000 miles per year are .00046 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    I agreed with suharsh. They can do a little more. The more you shop you will get a better deal. I got 15K/36 month. paid 1,287 included first month and $295 for 35 payment. What is friehgt charge for? Good Luck.
  • pfrinncpfrinnc Member Posts: 1
    FWIW, just leased a TSX Tech (4-cyl) (sticker $33,795) as follows:
    $32,000
    36 mos
    12,000 mi/yr (.20/mile overage charge)
    $2,200 down
    .00046 money factor
    $18,587.25 residual (55%)--for 12,000 mi/yr
    $810 rent fee
    $498 doc/admin fee
    $359 mo inc tax
  • discostewdiscostew Member Posts: 29
    edited June 2012
    After looking at Audi & BMW (I have owned both in the past), I decided to try Acura for the first time. Really like the looks and standard gear on the base TSX Sport Wagon. The lease I ended up with was half the monthly of the Audi Avant I wanted. Black over black.

Sticker: $32,045
    36 Months / 10k a year
    Gross Cap: $29,500 + $595 Bank Fee = $30,095
    Residual: 19,227 (60%)
    Upfront: First Month $324 + Fees (Title Reg Doc Fee) $418 + Tax $652 = $1,395 (no cap reduction)
    Finance: .00046

And a free set of winter mats!

$324 a month - seems pretty good? Dealer near Boston - they delivered it to me in VT. Lots of wagons down there and I guess the TSX is going away for 2013 so I bet the deals will get even better.

Good luck!
  • roubaudroubaud Member Posts: 80
    We are just now in the same boat! We have tons of equity in our 2010 and I refuse to hand that over to the dealer (we clearly are paying too much on our lease compared to you--it was my first lease and even though I visited here often, I learned the hard way the last three years and lost thousands).

What I plan to do is talk to our bank about a loan, since Acura Financial does not do third party transfers / sales. I want to line up a buyer myself, buy the car, and sell it (all in a day or two), and hope the bank can help us do this with a temp loan or something. If that doesn't work, we'll see what Acura dealers might offer us for the car. Even if we had to have a loan for a small time to find a buyer, paying any early loan payoff fees (if they exist) would be worth it for what looks like $6,000-8,000 in cash we could get.

The issue comes with state taxes. If you have to buy the car to sell it, I have to pay state sales tax--but if I sell it real fast, I can apply for a refund on the unused tax portion. States differ--some allow you a 10 day grace period to pay tax, which give you 10 days to sell it free of charge.
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    A lot of this depends on where you are. There's no way any informed consumer would ever pay $29K for a two year old used car when they can get a brand new one for virtually the same price. And private sales and dealer prices differ by at least 2-3K. In the DC area that car would sell for maybe 24K private party and maybe 27K at a dealer (regardless of what the asking price is).

My suggestion would be to buy the car if you like it. If not, turn it in, move on and not worry about what the dealer would make on it.
    Of course no one would pay $29k for a $32k car when it's 3 years used. But I bet they might pay $26-27k for those low miles. So if it were me, I'd still try to sell it. Like I said I'm doing the same thing, and if I can't sell it myself, I'll trade it in to the dealer and make less--but I'll still make a few grand on the latter. I think the advice to just let the dealer have it is crazy. Either buy it and run it into the ground or buy it and sell it / trade it in. I'm starting down that road today.
  • xasthurxasthur Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2012
    First time leasing in Long Island interested in 2012 TSX. Got an offer for $259/mo for 36 months 12,000 miles/yr. They are asking for $3000 down which includes inception(tax and other fees). Is that a good deal?
    I think. It's ok deal. I just lease mind on5/13/12.
    15 K a year. 36 months.
    Down $1287 including first month.
    295 + tax for 35 payment.
    You can ask to lower the down if you have an excellent credit.
    Good Luck.
    So I go back 2 days later to sign papers and the dealer says the sticker price went up 500 bucks so now its 279/mo with 3400 down. Because the car is made after May its more so he offered me the same deal as original on a different color he had in stock. What a tool.
    What a BS. They trying to move an unpopular color and insult your intelligence at the same time. Let's say the sticker went up $500. The residaul value is probably around 60%. Maximum they may want from you additionally is $200 (40%) / 36 = $5.55. They asking you to pay $400 + $20 per 36 month = $1,120. When thay happen to me such things make me really mad and I usually walk away.
    I hope you walked. They don't want to sell a car. Plenty of dealers who do.
    I agree. I hope u walk. Call around u will get a better. Good Luck.
    I walked out and got a different offer from another dealer not as good. It was $275/mo 12k miles over 3 years. Total out of pocket $3400 (tax,1st mo and fees). Thats the best I could get out. What do you think?
    I am in Southern Callifornia so they are a plenty dealer want to sell their car however everytime I go in. They always try to convince me that this is the best they can do...
    If you are not hurry to go a car, just wait and call all the dealer around your area. You will get what you want.
    In my case I got the quote from DCH in Tustin. He gave me $1,287 Due at signing and $299 a month (35 payments) for 15K a year for 36 months. They have the color I want but the not black interior. Saleman told me to get my second choice. He said I must go in by tomorrow to get that dea So I never call him back. Then I checked the stock online and call the dealer that I have the exactly one I want. I called them and said This is the quote I have and If you can do better. I would lease one right now. They called me back within 10 mins. I got the car the next morning. Love the car.
    As I list before Here is what I got.
    $1,287 Due at signing and $295 a month + tax (35 payments) for 15K a year for 36 months.
    edited June 2012
    thanks teddybear11...I went ahead and signed the papers since I need a second car now. I might be trading in my old car for the TL since they are running an aggressive offer with acura loyalty program and other incentives. The only thing I dont like about the TL is that it failed front head on collision and the trunk is too small. Might just wait little longer till the ford fusion 2013 comes out.
  • art112art112 Member Posts: 30
    Hi:

I went to DCH today. Mr. personality would not give me anything special. I know they are running a special on the TSX because it is getting phased out wiht the arrival of the ILX. They told me $2000.00 down and $295.00 per month for 36 months for the model without Navigation. Net Cap cost (true cost) is about $30,000.00. On the one with the Navigation he told me $2000.00 down with $345.00 per month. The residual is $18,200.00 on both cars. To top it off, this was on the 10K miles per year. He flat out told me if I want a better deal, I can go somewhere else, but the Brea dealership offered me the same thing.

Can i ask Teddybear what the net cap cost, money factor, residual is on that car?

Any advice or contact name is appreciated.
  • star123star123 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to lease for the first time and never purchased a car or dealt with a dealer before, so desperately need advice.
    Went to an Acura dealer in NY on Saturday looking to lease a 2012 TSX (open to base or tech package, but leaning towards tech package).
    My salesman was fairly friendly, very blunt and to-the-point, no BS and not pushy, which I couldn't decide was a good or bad thing (expecting to be buttered up a bit more).
    He downplayed the value of the tech package saying it was mostly a built in GPS and better stereo (maybe thinking it would be easier to close me on the base).

Bottom, line, here's the deal I was given off the bat (no negotiating on my part):
    -$299/month for base, $349/month for tech package - I believe 10k miles per year but need to verify
    -$1,000 down
    -$495 GAP insurance fee
    -$995 tax
    Total $2490

This seems like a reasonable deal to me, but I'm not sure if/where I have room to negotiate. After speaking with many people, they tell the GAP insurance is BS and to reject it. But after doing research, it seems it is standard or REQUIRED on leases with Acura in NY:

GAP (Guaranteed Asset Protection)
    Although you may intend to keep a vehicle for the full term of a lease, an accident or theft could cause early termination. Most auto insurance policies pay the average market value of the vehicle, which may be considerably less than the remaining lease obligation. Leases from Acura Financial Services™ include GAP protection to cover this difference in the event of such a loss.
    Vehicles financed with a retail installment contract from Acura Financial Services™ do not include GAP coverage, except in the state of New York. Clients financing vehicles outside New York state may be able to purchase GAP coverage from their dealer.

So I'm not sure if this is a negotiable item? If it's "included" should I be paying $495 for it?

I can't just jump into the lease with exactly what I've been quoted, but not sure what terms I have to negotiate with. The GAP charge was presented to me as required and may be based on my research online, but I'm not sure.

Any insight is appreciated!
  • robtroxelrobtroxel Member Posts: 103
    edited June 2012
    Gap insurance is included in all Honda/Acura leases. If the dealer is not using H/A finance >>step away quickly. He is misleading you! H/A finance also includes a $1500 waiver of any damage at lease end. You should go for at least 12,000 miles a year. Good luck!
    Sorry for late reply. Hopefully this info is still helpful.
    I got my car from Riverside CA. Ask for the saleman that look like Michael Douglas. He is very helpful and Honest.
    2012 Base TSX
    Base payment $295+ tax 36 months
    Residual amount $17,189.20
    Money factor .00046
    Mileage program 15,000
    Due at signing $1,287.00
    It's true that Gap insurance is included in Acura Lease. No fee.
    Please run away from this saleman. Good luck.
    Yes, tech package is just Navi + ELS surround sound system + backup camera, and yes it is greatly overpriced at $50 per month but this is what Acura has been doing with its navi equipped cars for a while already.
    Nevertheless deals you were offered are not that bad if they include everything (tax, MV, Doc fees) and are for 12K miles per year.

I would offered them either $340 per month for the base model or $390 per month for Tech with EVERYTHING included. Bottom line - 36 payments of $340 or $390 per month, not a single penny more.
  • mokiavellimokiavelli Member Posts: 60
    Art,

Try Mission Viejo. They offered me a base TSX for under $27.5k last week. So, you add the acquisition cost of $595, it brings a cap cost of about $28.2k before any money down.

Remember the nationally advertised offer is $2k down and $299/mo on a 10k mile lease. The net cap is $28.2k, after the $2k drive off. If you take the price I mentioned above, you should be getting about the same payments (maybe $15/mo more for 15k mi/yr) without the down payment.
  • marts230marts230 Member Posts: 1
    I just leased a new 2012 tsx with technology, picked it up last week go to wheels to lease they are on McDonald Avenue, in Brooklyn, my wife will only go there after the dealer run around, or just call and ask for moshe, they are closed on Saturdays, open part of the day on Sunday, so easy and great prices, I did not pay a cap reduction, my price including taxes is $380, they handle the registration or transfer etc, ( they have a large operation and will not vanish, they move more cars in a week then most dealers move in a month