Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey aka5. I'm sure that you are excited about the arrival of your new car. Let's see, if I remember correctly you are getting an '06 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro. If you were to lease this car through Audi Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00080 and 68%, respectively. The money factor for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be the same, but its residual value would be 2% higher. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $39,235, and a selling price of $37,587, I estimate that your car's 24 month, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $506 with 15,000 miles per year and $474 with 12,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    Hi Axman. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks reasonable to me. It is probably around $600 over dealer invoice or so. If you are in an area where there is a decent level of competition you might be able to beat it by a little bit by pitting dealers up against each other, but this quote is not bad and there comes a point of diminishing returns. The main problem with this deal is the money factor that you were quoted. As you have see, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 24 month lease of this car is .00080. The dealer that you are working with is marking this factor up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal. Make sure to insist that the .00080 money factor is used to calculate your car's lease payment. I assure you that the information that I provide community members with is accurate. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any resource that provides detailed info on manufacturers' lease programs to the general public.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Congratulations on your new car, nix1957. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Wow, a second detailed description of an actual lease in a row. Thanks for the info, bigpapaluke. It's always helpful for community members to be able to check these boards and see how much someone has paid to lease a particular model. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    soxfan2006soxfan2006 Member Posts: 2
    I found these boards really helpful when researching so I though I should share. I just leased a new aA4 from Bernardi Audi in Natck MA

2006 A4 2.0T Quattro
    sunroof package
    premium package
    Quartz extrior / Ebony interior
    36 months / 15k year

$2200 down including down payment, acquisition fee and documents and registration
    Security $0

Monthly $385 + tax ($404 total)
  • Options
    wculbert1wculbert1 Member Posts: 16
    Car-Man,
    Does the 00080 money factor apply to the 3.2 as well? I was quoted 0.0020208 and this obvoiusly makes a huge difference.
    Also, I work for a supplier of Audi and there is apparently a supplier discouint program going on. I have been quoted 1% over invoice which yields a $3027 discount. Since Audi is sponsoring this shouldn't I be able to get the dealer to go a bit deeper?
    Thanks for your response.
  • Options
    bstimebstime Member Posts: 18
    soxfan, i am working a similar deal trying to figure out if thats good or if I can do better. can you tell me what the $$ down you paid not including your down payment ( i am working a no money down deal)

my current offer is $478 for 3yr/15k 2.0t w/ prem, tech, sunroof and cold weather

back during the test drive they ballparked me around 400-450 so I am trying to do my homework here. I of course will bring up that ballpark estimate with them directly
  • Options
    hr73hr73 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am currently considering ordering the following car for lease:

A4 Quattro 2.0T Quattro with MT
    Premium Package
    Sunroof Package
    Metallic Paint

Invoice of $32,500 and MSRP of $35,060.

The offer is a capitalized cost of $33,810, including an Audi acquisition fee of $575 and port fees of $195 to $395.

Terms of the lease are 2 years, 12k miles with MF of .0012 and a residual of 70%. Monthly of $491.

Are the port and acquisition fees legit? I notice the MF appears to be marked up from the .00080 listed in this forum. Also, I can't seem to match the dealer's monthly in my own lease calculation.

Any input would be helpful

Thanks!
  • Options
    soxfan2006soxfan2006 Member Posts: 2
    Acquisition was $575, documents and registration were another $250, no security deposit, so my down payment was a little under $1400
  • Options
    Hi bstime. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00080 and 56%, respectively. Using the prices that you mentioned, an MSRP of $38,110 and a selling price of $37,735 and the aforementioned lease program, I come up with a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $503. I have to say though that you definitely should be able to get this car for a better price than that. Most smart consumers who are in an area where there is a decent level of competition, like Boston, can easily beat the TMV prices that are listed on this site. You may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars recently: "Audi A4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Here you go, salraf. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this car for or how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want info on different terms. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi S4 Sedan through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00240 and 56%, respectively. Audi is no longer providing lease support ont he '05 S4.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Greetings pittfall. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hello emswiss. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 3.2 Sedan with quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00110 and 55%, respectively. A base '06 A4 3.2 quattro Sedan only has a spread of $2,679 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice prices. So, $40,000 is a very aggressive price for this car, possibly a little to low. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market for this car is like right now though. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay by visiting the following discussion: "Audi A4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi jpw380. Audi's Premier Purchase and lease programs usually provide fairly similar monthly payments. The only reason why I personally would go with a balloon note over a lease is if I was in a state, like Texas, that had tax laws that made balloon notes more attractive than leases. Let's work up a lease payment on the car that you are interested in so that we can compare that option to the Premier Purchase payment that you were quoted. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Audi S4 Sedan with an MSRP and selling price of $56,045 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 mile sper year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $853. As you can see, this is a little lower than the balloon note payment that you were quoted, so you might want to go through route instead.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hello johngt. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00080 and 58%, respectively. While some banks have different money factors for consumers depending upon their credit rating, I believe that Audi Financial Services' uses a pass / fail system, much like BMW Financial Services. Either you qualify for its special lease program or you don't. As long as your credit is in reasonably good shape you should not have any trouble qualifying for the aforementioned lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Unfortunately it does not, wculbert1. The A4 3.2's money factors and residual values are different than the 2.0's. AFS' 36 month buy rate money factor for the '06 A4 3.2 Sedan is currently .00110. I'm not sure where the money factor that you were quoted came from, but it seems strange. I'm not sure what sort of commission dealers receive on Audis that are sold through its supplier purchase program, but they probably don't make huge grosses through this program. you probably will not be able to find a dealer that is willing to give you an additional discount on top of the supplier price, but it never hurts to ask.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Greetings hr73. In your post you mentioned that you were quoted a lease money factor of .00120 for this car. It appears to me as though the dealer that you are working with is marking up your car's base factor in an effort to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 24 month lease of an '06 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro is currently only .00080. Make sure to insist that the dealer you are working with use this factor to calculate your car's lease payment. Doing so will save you some money.

The $575 acquisition fee that you were quoted is right in mine with what AFS charges on all leases, so that aspect of this deal is good. I'm not sure about all of the other fees that you mentioned, but when consumers ask me about all of the random fees that dealers try to tack onto deals I always advise them to look at their deal as a whole. If the total price that you are being charged for the vehicle that you want, including all of the fees, is less than or equivalent to the amount that you would have to pay to buy it elsewhere it doesn't really matter how the price is being broken down. Just focus on the big picture - the total amount of money that you have to pay for the car that you want.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Car_man, thanks. you were correct. In fact the deal i received was for 35,300 on an edmunds invoice price of 35,040. using .00080 mf and 56% resid. for 3yr/45k it worked out to 469.77/month including taxes. i chose to pay acuisition, and securiy up front rather than roll them in. Overall i think it worked out well. tell me if you think so
  • Options
    sandiegoshaunsandiegoshaun Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

What does everyone think of this deal?
    Southern California

Audi A4 3.2 Auto Multitronic™ FrontTrak®
    Exterior: Metallic
    Interior: Leather
    Packages:
    Sunroof package
    Premium package
    Technology package
    Cold weather package
    Bose® premium AudioPilot® and Sirius® Satellite Radio
    Individual options:
    Destination Charge
    Audi Navigation plus* with glove box 6-CD Changer
    Parktronic® rear parking assistance
    Sport suspension

MSRP is $43,460
    Sale Price of $41,660
    $1800 under MSRP
    $650 over cost
    48-months with a money factor of .00155
    15K per year
    Drive off $1,15.64 No Sec Deposit
    Payment is $576.61 plus tax = $624.18.

Thoughts anyone, everone...

Thank You
  • Options
    just so the full details are posted:

2006 A4 2.0T Quattro...Auto, prem, sunroof and techn packages. Edmunds invoice was 35,040, edmunds TMV was 37389, MSRP was 37760. Price paid was 35,300. I rolled that into a lease with the .00080 money factor ..details as previously posted

Morro Blue, gray (platinum) interior. Only buyers remorse I have is thinking i would have liked the NAV simply for the ability to put SD cards with MP3s straight in...but NAV price is too high for just that as I do not care about the NAV stuff itself. Nice surprise...i forgot my phone is bluetooth...that I am gonna like a WHOLE lot :):D:D
  • Options
    marleybarrmarleybarr Member Posts: 334
    This deal doesn't make sense to me because after 4 years of leasing, you will have invested $30352.10 leasing a $41,000 car and be out of warranty by 10,000 miles assuming you use the 15k per year.
    If you are willing to sign for this, I would just buy instead of leasing.
  • Options
    Point well taken about being 10k Out of warranty.
    So 12,000 miles per year. Drive Off changes to $997.50 and the payment drops to $559.85 plus tax = $606.04

Thoughts?

What are the buy rates on the money factor and residuals for an A4 3.2?
  • Options
    You're welcome, bstime. It sounds like you got a great deal. Enjoy your new car!

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi sandiegoshaun. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks reasonable to me. Furthermore, the money factor that you were quoted for it is right in line with Audi Financial Services' buy rate for a 39 month lease of an '06 A4 3.2 quattro Sedan with a waived security deposit. I didn't think that this rate was available on 48 month leases of this model though.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Thanks for taking the time to post all of the details of your lease, bstime. It's always helpful for community members to see exactly how much someone else paid for the vehicle that they want and what their lease payment is.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    happy to help. I can't say how much these forums helped. I researched probably 10 different cars. the forums and specifically what you , Car_man, provide along with similar info on other brand specific boards out on the 'net make us all MUCH better consumers. Hey, I know they aren't gonna sell things to me and lose money but at least this way I know the tricks and where to catch 'em. I've pointed several friends out there buying to these forums to make sure they understand the devil is in the details

Thanks Car_man. YOU ROCK!! (but I don't know how you get any sleep ;-)

:shades:
  • Options
    Thanks for the replay, still negotiating the deal but wanted to point out that I found this http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/financing/7475795-1.html

It looks like the Money factor I was given could not be right for 48 months but could be right for the 36 months, maybe a little padded? It's not a Quattro so it looks like the buy rate is 36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 54% of MSRP – .00110 Base Money Factor Rate

Based on a price of $41,660
    36-Months
    12,000 miles per year
    Money factor offered 00135.
    Out Of Pocket $1,026.91..
    payment is $587.02 plus tax = $635.45..

36-Months
    15,000 miles per year.
    Money factor offered 00135.
    Out Of Pocket $1,051.77.
    Payment is $609.99 plus tax = $660.31..

More thoughts please, is it a good deal or am I missing something? Recommendations?
  • Options
    mnokermnoker Member Posts: 28
    Has anyone seen the lease rates for march on the A4 2.0T Quattro.
  • Options
    marleybarrmarleybarr Member Posts: 334
    I don't know what the Audi money factor rates are, but the average real world residual is about 50% of MSRP at the end of the 3 year lease.
  • Options
    I am ready to get a A4 3.2 on a 36 months lease, but it has to be ordered with the options I want. I am told this will take about 2 months. The questions is, what about the current money factor, the dealer is willing to give me buy rate but the rates could be different in 2 months when the car comes in. The dealer mentioned something about locking in the rate but said if it does down when the car actually comes in you would not get the lower rate. What are my options and what should I do? Take a chance and hope the leasing is better in two months? Lock it in now? Any Help and any advise would be appreciated, Thanks
  • Options
    teepeesfteepeesf Member Posts: 1
    I've been given a verbal offer for leasing for the following vehicle:

A4 3.2 Automatic Avant
    sunroof
    upgrade Bose sound system
    premium leather

the lease deal is as follows:

36 mos; 10K
    MSRP: $41,310
    Sale Price: $39,266
    $886 drive off
    59% residual ($24,373)
    Money Factor: .00125
    Monthly Payment: $511

This car would have to be ordered. The rate will be locked in with a $800 deposit to be applied toward drive-off costs.

This is my first time leasing, so I'm a bit cautious and not wanting to be taken for a ride. Please let me know if this is a good deal. Does this sound legit, i.e., will the dealer spring some unknown costs on me once i go down there to order the car? Thank you a lot for any help.
  • Options
    jdwhittakerjdwhittaker Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to leasing and am not completely sure how it works, I've recieved the following offer from a local dealer, and am wondering if it sounds like a good deal.

'06 A4 2.0T Quattro
    sunroof package
    premium package

MSRP 34035
    Discount 1000
    Sale Price 33035

10000 miles per year
    36 month lease
    58% residual 19740.30
    Money Factor .00115
    paying up front costs, but no money down
    459.89 per month

Is it normal to calculate everything on MSRP even though the sale price is less?
    How does the money factor work, and is this a good one?

Thanks for your help,

Dave
  • Options
    socalhelpsocalhelp Member Posts: 13
    Dear Car_man,

I am interested in leasing an Audi A4 2.0T for either 2 yrs (w/ 15,000 miles a yr) or 3 yrs (w/ 15,000 miles a yr). Which option works out better financially?

In terms of options, I definately would like to have Dolphin gray paint with ebony leather, sunroof package, premium package. What are thoughts about the Audi Navigation system and technology package? Do you recommend leasing it with these options or buying a separate navigation system like TomTom instead?

I have been reading the other posts and it sounds like the only items you can negotiate on are to get a buy-rate money factor and low car price (since the residuals are not negotiable). Can you do better than .0008 money factor?

I went to the Audi site and priced an Audi A4 2.0T Dolphin gray paint with ebony leather, sunroof package, premium package for an MSRP for 34,160. What car price would you recommend to negotiate for? What about if I add navigation and technology package to it?

The A4 lease promotion ends in April. Should I try to get in on this deal or wait for the next promotion?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
  • Options
    lednameledname Member Posts: 96
    Hello..

I'm trying to figure out how to compute a fair sign and drive lease on an a4 2.0T Quattro Manual. Options:

Premium
    Sunroof
    Technology
    Navi
    Aduio (Sirius)
    Metallic
    Wood

Lets say the selling price is $38500. I'd be interested in 3yr 15k per year.

I see a residual of 21581 and a payment of $519.13 (+ tax). Due at signing in this case would be 519+ 575 (acq fee) + 550 deposit = 1644. What math is used to roll all this into the payment to make it sign and drive?

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    mattzinzimattzinzi Member Posts: 4
    Hey CarMan...

What is the MF and residual for the following:

2006 Audi A4 2.0T Avant

10K, 12K, 15K miles
    24, 36, 39, 42 months if available

I live in CT if it matters.

Thanks!
  • Options
    cptsilvercptsilver Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man, you've mentioned that the buy rate of AFS lease MF is 0.0008 currently, for 36/12k. However, the dealer I'm dealing with claims that it's 0.00115 or 0.001 w/ previous a/c with AFS. They also said they could show me an "Audi Bulletin" to prove that. Are they trying to pull something?

Thanks for all your great info!
  • Options
    Car Man? Can you help?
  • Options
    kngeknge Member Posts: 4
    Hello from afar (by afar I mean your friendly neighbour, Canada). I know I may be going out on a limb here and a dire challenge ..but... I was wondering why Audi displays different MSRP's for both Canada and the US. Obviously I know the difference between the dollar value, but moreso than that, even when you add everything up, the differences seem boggling (well to me at least).

Case and point:

1. S-line Package = 1k more on MSRP (source: their website, even if you do the exchange rate (1.16 CAN$=1 US$) it doesn't add up.
    2. MSRP (with Sline, premium, sunroof)

37,310$US == 42,340$CAN

However, in Canada the same MSRP for the exact package is...: 49,050$CAN... that's a 7000$ dollar difference!!?!

3. I also find it weird that sunroof package in Canada is the same amount as the US.. $1400.. (thats 1400 listed as US and CAN)

Over here we have about 7%PST (provincial sales tax) and 7%GST (government asles tax) so 14% alltogether, but this obviously doesnt take into the account the WIDE margin that is evident here... is it simply market value? economics? blah blah? Hopefully you can enlighten me on the situation... I don't think we even have a resource up here on invoice prices as well and also wondering if using TMV can be applied to us? Whether or not Residuals and MF are the same?

On another note... I do plan to lease a car.. however, do the new March lease rates apply to us well? (0.008 for 12-36 and 0.001 for beyond?)

In the meantime, I may as well just get qouted first before asking you whether or not I am getting a decent rate here in iglootown.

Thanks Car_Man

-knge
  • Options
    vasubanduvasubandu Member Posts: 1
    Looking at the A4 Avant 2.0 Quattro vs Volvo v50 and new Passat wagon. But Audi's lease deals seem to be limited to the sedan. Is this just because I have not waited long enough or is it just the way it is?
  • Options
    jamawassjamawass Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I'm looking at an A4 3.2 quattro 2006 manual, with technology package, bluetooth, premium package, sunroof and 17" tires. 36 month lease, 15000 miles/yr. Quoted $575/month, $500 down plus first month payment=$1075 drive off.Is that good? I didn't get a quote on money factor, residual but this lease is based on a price of $39000. Edmunds TMV is $40,354. This is in North Carolina. Thanks for any input
  • Options
    What money factor should I be asking for?
  • Options
    A dealer in Raleigh offered $639. Haven't heard back from Charlotte.
  • Options
    kngeknge Member Posts: 4
    Got a qoute from my dealer (all prices in Canadian)

The residual will be 55% and lease rate is 5.2% for a 36 month term.

Sline + Premium + Sunroof:

MSRP $50,050
    Selling price $45,000
    Residual 55% = $24750.

36months, 20,000km a year = 687.50 excluding tax

Is this right? What do you think? What should I be aiming for?
  • Options
    uptempoballeruptempoballer Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car_man,

in need of some help here. I live in Rockville MD and just visited a dealer for a Audi 2.0T quatrro automatic, and he gave me a residual rate of 58% and MF of 0.0017. I wanted 10K per year and these options:
    -Premium
    -Sunroof
    -Technology
    -Nav

on edmunds.com the MSRP is $40,710. I'm going to try and negotiate it to $500 to $1000 over invoice ($37,725), do you think this is possible? Based on the MF and residual value my calculations came to be about $519.15 per month with the cap cost to be at $38500.

Do you think its a good deal???

Thanks,
    Up
  • Options
    jvprjvpr Member Posts: 48
    Do you (or anybody) know what the minimal beacon or fico score is to get approved on an A4? I know Audi is like BMW- pass or fail. I want to know what beacon or fico Audi Financial would consider decent to get approved?

J
  • Options
    Do you (or anybody) know what the minimal beacon or fico score is to get approved on an A4? I know Audi is like BMW-pass or fail. I want to know what beacon or fico Audi Financial would consider decent to get approved? Will Audi take someone with a 670 equifax beacon?

J
  • Options
    what's your beacon score?
  • Options
    Hi Carman-

Will approve me if I have a 670 on Equifax? Do you know what report they pull? Do they pull all 3 reports?

J
  • Options
    geckofroggeckofrog Member Posts: 6
    Carman:

Im looking at getting an:

AUDI A4 (CVT 2.0T AUTO)
    Premium Package
    Tech Package

MSRP IS $35,185
    I told him that I wanted to buy it $600 over invoice, he claims that the price then would be: $33,603

Dealer quoted me 3.99% interest or MF I guess,
    18k year, 36 months

$518/month would be my payment, said there is $2500 need for "out of pocket expenses"

I don't plan on putting anything down for a lease (der) but wanted to know if the 3.99% is a good rate, or what I should expect my payment to be with tax for a 36 month for 18k miles a year?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    prince2100prince2100 Member Posts: 23
    can you say rip-off? The price should be $415 total for a 2008 a4 SE quattro, 3yrs/15000 miles with audicare included and $0 due at signing including all taxes, fees, and 1st month payment, and any other b.s. they tell you.
This discussion has been closed.