Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

How to get BMW to reconsider end of lease charges?

i3leseei3lesee Member Posts: 1
edited March 2017 in BMW
We leased a Demo model of the i3 two years ago. Just returned the car a couple of wks ago. We got a bill in the mail for over $700. For excess wear on tires.

We tried to reason with the BMW Financial services rep about the wear on the tires was not caused by us since we had to stop driving the car 3 months earlier because the tires were starting to show bulges on the side walls of at least 2 of the tires. And by the way this is not one of those cars that you can "burn rubber or aggressively take corners" which would normally lead to excess wear on tires.

I fully understand the contractual basis for the charges but knowing that they leased a car used as a demo (we all know how people drive demo cars at dealerships) and combined with the fact that normal tires don't show bulging, is it wrong to ask them to reconsider those charges based on extenuating circumstances?

Answers

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,302
    Tires are your responsibility as a lessee.
    The contract is all that matters.

It never hurts to ask, but your reasons aren't likely to sway them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator