Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Where is the thermostat located on a 1991 Geo Prizm?

dsbg06kdsbg06k Posts: 2
edited March 2017 in Chevrolet
I have to replace the thermostat on my 1991 Geo Prizm. I believe the car model is the same for years 1989 - 1992.

Answers

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 8,924
    According to what I found oniline, it's under the lower engine radiator hose housing under the distributor

Edmunds Moderator

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

Meet your fellow owners and discuss your vehicles in our Owners Clubs

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Kinda hard to get to, right under the distributor. You should remove your air filter housing to give you some room.
  • dsbg06kdsbg06k Posts: 2
    Thank you for your answers. My air filter housing has wires running across the top of it. Do these disconnect easily? The Geo is basicly a Toyota Corolla. I found a you tube video for a Toyota Corolla for these same years. It does seem to take some work to remove the thermostat. According to the video, it is a 3 out of 4 in difficulty. But in that video, I did not see the same wires on top of the air filter housing.