Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 and Earlier Cadillac Escalade Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
edited April 2015 in Cadillac
This discussion is dedicated to leasing questions for the Cadillac Escalade, model years 2014 and earlier. To discuss the latest leasing details for the current model, please join our 2015 Cadillac Escalade Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on Edmunds 2015 Cadillac pages.
2015 Cadillac SUV
2015 Cadillac ESV

Comments

• jbratxjbratx Member Posts: 40
    Hello Car_man,

I'm interested in the new 2007 Escalade AWD. Is it a good time to lease one now or should I wait? Also what kind of deal do you think I could get on the car since it's so new? Can I get the dealership to lease it at close to invoice price?

- Thanks
    Also Car_man are you familiar with GMC's Smart Lease? What can you tell me about it?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello jbratx. Right now probably is not the best time to lease a 2007 Escalade. I've heard that GM's redesigned full-size SUVs have been very well received by the public and dealers are getting good grosses on them right now. The problem is that I don't think that the Escalade's prices are going to come down much nor do I think that its lease program will get significantly better in the next couple of months. So if you have an immediate need for a new vehicle, there's probably not much reason to wait a month or two. If you can wait much longer than that, you might get a better deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Hey jbratx. I am very familiar with GMAC's SmartLease program. "SmartLease" is basically GM's brand name for its normal lease program. For general information about how lease programs work, check out the following articles: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. If you have any more specific questions about it, let me know and I'll try to answer them for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • egolfegolf Member Posts: 1
    I went to the GM/Cad/Chrysler dealership in Kellogg,Idaho...Dave Smith Motors..They will sell a 2007 Escalade or Yukon Denalie (regular lenght, XL or ESV) for a couple of hundred under cost...and the rates on wells fargo leases are pretty low..they are the largest chry. dealership in the usa(they say) but they are willing to move as many cars out as they can for invoice or less...i am ordering an ESV 2007 Escalade...hope this helps
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    Man, $66,000 for a vehicle that gets 19 (AT BEST) MPG on the highway? The tires are so big and top heavy looking that I wouldn't want to be caught dead in this vehicle if evasive driving is called for. For if I wasn't dead yet I soon would be.
  • nycinncnycinnc Member Posts: 9
    Hey Car Man,
    What kind of numbers could I expect on a lease of a 2007 Escalade 24-36 months(Money Factor, resid value etc.)
    Thanks
    Do you know what the pymt would be for a lease if iwas able to get GMS pricing on a vehicle with Navigation, 22" wheels, climate and 2nd row power?
    Thanks
    CarMan,
    Below you'll find the details of the car I'm interested in and the quote from the dealer.
    Is this a good deal? Thank you for any and all help.

Quote: $699 a month/$2,000 down

2006 Cadillac Escalade
    4dr SUV 2WD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Leasing
    36 months

12k a year

Options
    Exterior: Black Raven

Interior: Unsure

Integrated Navigation Radio

Power Glass Sunroof

17" x 7.5" Chrome Wheels
    Hey nycinnc. If you were to lease a 2007 Cadillac Escalade through GMAC right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 6.95% and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 24 month lease should be 6.95% and 65%.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd bee happy to estimate what your lease payment for this truck would be, nycinnc. However in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with some additional information, including the MSRP and selling price of the truck that you want, as well as how long you want to lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jbratx. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Escalade that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Car Man,

We're looking at MSRP: $63395
    Selling Price: $56,260

either 24 or 36 months. I'm thinking the most I would need is 15,000 miles/year, as I mainly drive on the weekends.
  • mil6753mil6753 Member Posts: 71
    Car Man:
    Looking at Esclade with MSRP of 66110. Between gm supplier discount price and certificate received in mail, price would be 60025. Not sure if I can get below that. Interested in seeing residual % for 36 month lease @ 15K a year as well as what the money factor is.
    Car Man:
    Looking at Esclade with MSRP of 66110. Between gm supplier discount price and certificate received in mail, price would be 60025. Not sure if I can get below that. Interested in seeing residual % for 36 month lease 15K a year as well as what the money factor is.
  • jaleen1994jaleen1994 Member Posts: 2
    MY QUESTION WHAT ON THIS LEASE RIGHT UP ARE AREAS I CAN NEGOTIATE MORE. MSRP 57900.00 GMS PRICE 51636.83 RESIDUAL.69 LEASE FRCTR 7.45 TERM 27/12000 TRADE 25000.00 PAYOFF 19500.00 TAX 8.0 PURCHASE OPT 500.00 INIT PAYMENT 6205.95 580.70 MONTHLY WHAT AREA CAN I GO BACK IN AND TALK DOWN AND WHAT IS THE BEST POSSIBLE LEASE INTREST RATE OUT NOW FOR THESE VEHICLES. THANK U
    Thanks for the additional info, nycinnc. OK, according to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Cadillac Escalade with an MSRP of $63,395 and a selling price of $56,260 through GMAC right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $910. The payment for an otherwise identical 36 month lease would be around $859.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, mil6753. If you were to lease a 2007 Cadillac Escalade through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 6.95% and 55%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC uses lease rates instead of money factors to calculate the interest portion of lease payments. You can convert its lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,
    I interested in purchasing a 2006 Cadillac Escalade the base model 2WD/Black Raven. The dealer quoted me a price of $45,000 after all the rebates w/ a MSRP $54,725. This price seems a little to good to be true is their something I'm missing. Consumer Reports bottom line price is $43,570. Could there be hidden profits I don't know about? Should I except this deal?

- Thank You
    Hi mil6753. Here's the info that you're looking for. If you were to lease a 2007 Cadillac Escalade through GMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 6.95% and 55%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC uses lease rates instead of money factors to calculate vehicles' lease payments. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jaleen1994. since you are already getting the GMS price for the truck that you want, you can't negotiate any more on its selling price. The only other aspect of your deal that the dealer can profit from is its lease rate. GMAC's current base lease rate for a lease of an '07 Escalade EXT is 3.95%. As you can see, it appears as though the dealer you are working with is marking up your truck's lease rate to add additional back-end profit to your deal. This practice is fairly common, but can usually be avoided by consumers who confront dealers with vehicles' base lease rates.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jbratx. I don't believe that General Motors is providing any hidden incentives like dealer cash on the 2006 Escalade. The only incentives that I am aware of on it right now are 0% financing for up to 5 years and 1.9% for 6 years or $5,500 customer cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Car_Man,
    So, do you think $45,000 is a good deal for the 2006?
  • jaleen1994jaleen1994 Member Posts: 2
    CAR_MAN
    THANK YOU BUT WHERE CAN I FIND THIS BASE LEASE RATE AT ONLINE SO I CAN PRINT IT OUT AND GO BACK IN WITH IT. THANK YOU
    Hey jbratx. What is this truck's MSRP? If you let me know, I'll tell you what I think. Also, you may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "Cadillac Escalade: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Shhhh, you're shouting ;) . You're welcome, jaleen1994. Unfortunatley, I am not aware of any source that it available on line that provides this sort of information to the general public.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • amcdadamcdad Member Posts: 61
    What are the residual/money factor rates for 2006 Escalades this month?
    Hi Car_Man,
    I just came back from the dealership and they offered me a brand new 2005 Escalade, Black Raven, PDC Package (Sun Roof/Navigation/Rims) for $43,000 before taxes and fees and 45,948 after. This car has a MSRP price of $58,190. I wanted to know if that price is good for a dealer left over.

- Thank You
    Negotiating out of my '04 SRX lease into '07 Escalade. MSRP is 67305- has every option avail - including retractable running boards. Blk Raven. What is the residual percent now and the money factor. Last time I checked it was 6.95% equivalent APR w/ residual at 54% I'm told the residual on this one is 58%. Any ideas on how to get out of $2000 in remaining lease pymts on SRX? GMBUYPOWER.COM shows the 2500 cash even though this Escalade has the U3R radio...? Is GM's website not savvy enough to know whether to show the cash or not?
    Hi mil6753. This truck's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and what mileage allowance you get. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac Escalade with 12,000 miles per year are 6.15% and 58%, respectively. For the month of October, all Cadillac models have $2,145 bonus cash available on them. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your truck's capitalized cost. Unfortunately, there is no cheap way for you to get out of your current lease early. If I was in your situation, I personally would wait until I was closer to the scheduled end of my current lease to get a new truck. It's not like there's some amazing incentive on the Escalade that you might miss out on my waiting.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jim53jim53 Member Posts: 118
    Car_man

Have the residual or money factors changed at all on the 2007, 36 month, 12K miles per year from what you quoted above? What are the current incentives you are aware of?

Does anyone have any recent experience getting a good lease deal and will you share details?
  • escalladeescallade Member Posts: 1
    Hello i live in fl and iam looking to lease a new escalade msrp $58610, black exterior, vin# 1GYEC638X7R304311. i want a 36 or 39 month lease. i'd like to know what would be a good price to buy it for, the current base rate for this kind of lease and the residual. thank you so much for your help. iam trying to get a gmid certificate but's been dificult. i need advice.
    Hi jim53. Through January 2nd, GMAC's base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac Escalade with 15,000 miles per year are 6.15% and 55%, respectively. When negotiating your capitalized cost for this truck make sure to take the $2,145 bonus cash that is available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings escallade. Through January 2nd, GMAC's base lease rate for the 2007 Cadillac Escalade is 6.15%. GM is providing $2,145 bonus cash on it that will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this truck right now by checking out the prices that other community members have paid for theirs in the following discussion: "Cadillac Escalade: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    Hi Carman,
    can you tell me the Feb lease rates and residuals for the escalade for both 27 and 36 months with 10k miles? And are there any good incentives?

Much appreciated.
    I sure can, monkeyshift. Here you go. According to the latest information that I have seen, GMAC's February base lease rate and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 Cadillac Escalade with 10,000 miles per year are 6.15% and 68%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 6.15% and 60%. When negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 lease cash that GM is currently providing on the '07 Escalade.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    Thanks carman, you rock. Also, are those rates the same for the Denali and Denali xl? I can't seem to make up my mind between the two brands...
  • cittnercittner Member Posts: 1
    Car man, sorry to belabor this lease payment stuff, but I am almost about to pull the trigger and I think the payment I'm being quoted is too high and I'd like to try to confirm.

MSRP: 66700
    Negotiated price: 64100
    39 Month lease, 10k miles/year
    $966/month

According to your figures and a lease calculator I found online, the payment should be about $50 lower per month. I adjusted the residual value to 57% to account for the extra three months the car would be in my possession.

Any help from you or any other member of the board would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Charlie
    I tend to think the price you were quoted is too high as well. I leased my 07 in Oct w/zero down and $828 per month (tax included). Sticker was 64800. Verify the interest rate you were given...when I balked at their original 900+ payment, it turns out the interest rate mysteriously was 'bought down'.
  • lvdhlvdh Member Posts: 29
    You got a great deal. Would you be so kind and tell us what interest rate were quoted and then what interest rate did you finally get? Also, are you located in state where you pay a monthly use tax, and if so, what percent? Did you receive a rebate which reduced the cost of the vehicle, and if so, how much? What was the name and location of the dealer where you leased your Escalade from? Thank you.
  • tkcanetkcane Member Posts: 6
    Hey car man,

Thanks for all your info! For an 07 Escalade ESV, is the $1000 lease cash in addition to the $2150 GM money.

Thanks

TK
    I've been out of town but will try to remember to look at my paperwork tonight.
  • johnnygunzzjohnnygunzz Member Posts: 1
    HELLO,
    AS A GM EMPLOYEE I AM OFFERED A 2007 ESCALADE EXECUTIVE VEHICLE FOR $48600.00, MSRP IS 64500.00.PURCHASE PRICE IS $35000 AFTER 39 MONTHS.
    THE LEASE I RECEIVED WAS $600.00 MONTH, 58% RESIDUAL AND GMAC RATE OF 6.15.
    MY QUESTION IS REGARDING THE MSRP AND ACTUAL PRICE.WHICH SHOULD THE SALESMAN USE TO FIGURE OUT MY PRICE?
    ALSO CAN I NEGOTIATE THE $35000 PURCHASE PRICE,EVEN THOUGH I AM GETTING THIS LOW PRICE?
    I WANT TO MAXIMIZE EVERY SAVING POSSIBLE AS A GM EMPLOYEE.
    THANKS,
    JOHN P
  • louisvlouisv Member Posts: 4
    carman,

i am interested in leasing a 2007 Tahoe and will be trading a 2005 Cad EXT truck ..
    the truck i own is financed with 3 years remaining...payments are $732.00...i bought this truck
    with a pre certified warranty with Cadillac. it is warrantied up to 100,000 miles. it had 8K miles
    on it when i bought it 2 years ago. It has 60K miles on
    it now.

I am a dealer's dream because once a new body style comes out, I become
    very disenchanted with the vehicle i own. Also, I feel like this truck will be worth very
    little at the end of the payments because it will be a "generation- older" than the current available used
    trucks.

leasing is appealing to me since i trade about every 2 years.

where is the trade-in value calculated into a lease?

hope to hear from you soon...

Cena Martin
    Shelbyville, TN
    3 year, 36000 mile lease.
    MSRP - $64815 (incl destination charge)
    $2145 credit/rebate for navigation event
    Gross Capitalized Cost: $58387.
    Adj capitalized cost - $56242
    Residual value - $37138
    Base pymt 773.65, 7% sales tax - 827 per month.
    Huber Cadillac in Omaha, NE
    I did the deal in October 2006 and it was unique in that the vehicle was the dealership's wifes demo for 2 month. When she brought it back, it was promptly damaged by a parts delivery truck and required the drivers side front and rear doors outer 'skins' to be replaced. So, long story short, mine probably wasn't the typical deal....
  • shfawazshfawaz Member Posts: 27
    Hi Car Man. I'm interested in a low mileage (10,000 mile) 2-year lease for a 2007 2WD Cadillac Escalade. What is the resdiual rate, money factor, and the GMAC bank fee for this month? GM says $1500 cash incentive, what does this translate for a lease? Is there any other incentives relating the Presidents Day sale?
    Thanks monkeyshift. Yes, I believe that GMAC's lease rates are the same for the Cadillac Escalade Denali and Denali XL as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey Charlie. Let's work up a sample lease payment on this truck and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Cadillac Escalade with an MSRP of $66,700 and a selling price of $64,100 through GMAC right now for 39 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $900. Again, this is before tax so it is closer to the payment that you were quoted than it initially looks. I used a lease rate of 6.15% and a residual value of 59% to arrive at this payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    No problem, tkcane. The $2,145 bonus cash that General Motors was providing on Cadillacs in December expired and is no longer available. GM is currently providing $1,500 lease cash on the '07 Escalade ESV.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi John. The lease rate that you were quoted is correct. GMAC's current base lease rate for the 2007 Cadillac Escalade is indeed 6.15%. You will need both your truck's full MSRP and selling price to calculate its lease payment. The following article describes just how both are used to calculate your monthly payment: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

It is difficult to say whether you will be able to negotiate your truck's lease-end purchase option price. Some banks are willing to negotiate leased vehicles' end of term prices from time to time, but you won't know whether GMAC will be willing to work with you until you give them a call a month or two before the scheduled expiration of your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.